Things we do and why? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, daviebee said:

How can you tell what sock is the left one?

This probably belongs in the dense footballers thread, but depending on which type of socks they are, they may be marked L and R 😂

Football socks are indeed marked like this 🙈

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

This probably belongs in the dense footballers thread, but depending on which type of socks they are, they may be marked L and R 😂

Football socks are indeed marked like this 🙈

Seriously? Fkin hell, humanity must've dropped a few average IQ points between now and when I was a bairn wearing fitba strips!

9 minutes ago, daviebee said:

How can you tell what sock is the left one?

That's why you should always put the right one or first. Then you know that the other one will be right as it's the only one that's left. Some folk just like to make things difficult for themselves. Nae common sense.

3 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Seriously? Fkin hell, humanity must've dropped a few average IQ points between now and when I was a bairn wearing fitba strips!

FFS, wise up min. You don't get left and right on fitba strips, it's "back" and "front". :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, there is ya dafty. You don't need to have fallen down a manhole to have a wee bit of a clue as to what might happen if you ever did.

Aye but I’ve never know anyone, other than Mr Bean, to fall down a manhole so it’s not really rational for me to think that I might. 

11 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye but I’ve never know anyone, other than Mr Bean, to fall down a manhole so it’s not really rational for me to think that I might. 

My auld man fell doon a manhole in Spain. Years ago, I was just a wee laddie and I was aware of him walking towards it as he was looking up at something. I never said anything as in my young mind it would be like something from a cartoon. He never fell all the way down like, as it was kind of blocked with rubbish, but he still has the scar on his shin to this day.

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Adidas do anyway. The bairn has had it on his Aberdeen and Scotland socks for years now. 

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

And I always considered you one of the saner posters.

Do you always put on a shirt / jacket left arm first and trousers left leg first? If not why not?

Now you mention it I think do always go left leg first when putting my trousers on although I reckon that’s more of a habit than a compulsion. You’re asking me to rationalise my behaviour, I thought the point of the thread was weird/quirky things we do for no definable reason! 

22 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Happens frequently in Liverpool or so they “claim”, see what I did there