Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Humans are a weird species and do things that are strange, can someone explain why? My reason for asking is. If I open a packet of biscuits and get near the bottom why do i push the biscuits up to the top, taking the risk of breaking them, instead of opening the bottom which would give me easier access to them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do lots of weird things in my head and I’m general, don’t know why? 

Some examples are:

I count stairs when I go up or down them, have done since I was a child, I know the numbers of stairs in my folks, brothers & sisters houses, my brother in London, I’ve only been in that once and know he has 2 stairs to a landing, turn left them there’s another 12.

I count things back and forth until I come to an even number, again from a child. I remember counting the panels of a stained glass window in church until I got to 40. (The number that is, I haven’t sat in a church for 30+ years counting a window) that would be fucking weird  

I count steps that I take, a run of the mill estate fence will have 2 steps between posts and a gate has 1, it’s also 11 paces from the street sign across the road from my folks house to their front door.

Volume on the tv/radio/speakers has to be at a multiple of 5.

The mugs on the tree have to be all facing the same way, as does the cutlery in the drawer.

My wife thought I may have ocd, but that theory was disproven when I told her the T-shirt’s in my wardrobe didn’t annoy me that they weren’t in alphabetical order of brand and colour.

Apart from that, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about 😂

 

Edited by dandydunn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I cross the road and there are broken white lines on it I always aim for a gap and not the painted area, don't know why but I do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bonzo said:

If I cross the road and there are broken white lines on it I always aim for a gap and not the painted area, don't know why but I do it.

Weirdo

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last one awake in the house, sitting downstairs, lock up the house and put the lights off but then sprint up the stairs to bed as if being pursued by a monster, alien, mass murderer etc . 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I’m in bed and I remember I need to do something the next day I’ll pick something up from the drawer at the side of my bed and throw it across the room on to the floor

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I do lots of weird things in my head and I’m general, don’t know why? 

Some examples are:

I count stairs when I go up or down them, have done since I was a child, I know the numbers of stairs in my folks, brothers & sisters houses, my brother in London, I’ve only been in that once and know he has 2 stairs to a landing, turn left them there’s another 12.

I count things back and forth until I come to an even number, again from a child. I remember counting the panels of a stained glass window in church until I got to 40. (The number that is, I haven’t sat in a church for 30+ years counting a window) that would be fucking weird  

I count steps that I take, a run of the mill estate fence will have 2 steps between posts and a gate has 1, it’s also 11 paces from the street sign across the road from my folks house to their front door.

Volume on the tv/radio/speakers has to be at a multiple of 5.

The mugs on the tree have to be all facing the same way, as does the cutlery in the drawer.

My wife thought I may have ocd, but that theory was disproven when I told her the T-shirt’s in my wardrobe didn’t annoy me that they weren’t in alphabetical order of brand and colour.

Apart from that, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about 😂

 

I’m surprised you still have time for golf by the time you get through that list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I’m surprised you still have time for golf by the time you get through that list. 

Counting my shots on the golf course doesn’t take long ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing i do and don't know why is that driving home from work i don't light a cigarette (unhealthy i know) until i reach the same point on the journey home.The more i think about it it's the same going to work in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone on the Board know of any women who do this kind of thing?

Seems to be pretty much a bloke thing. I won't bother asking my wife's opinion: she'll just say that "all men are on the spectrum". 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Padre Andrew said:

Does anyone on the Board know of any women who do this kind of thing?

Seems to be pretty much a bloke thing. I won't bother asking my wife's opinion: she'll just say that "all men are on the spectrum". 😕

Nope.

57 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

A question for everyone. Do you always sleep on the same side of the bed even if your not in your own bed, hotels etc. Why? 

Yip. I have a sore right hip so sleep on my left side more. I would rather no be facing my husband all night so I sleep on the left side of the bed. I am pretty sure he feels the same. 

20 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If I’m in bed and I remember I need to do something the next day I’ll pick something up from the drawer at the side of my bed and throw it across the room on to the floor

Do you panic if there is no bedside table in a hotel room,  or do you filter for  ‘bedside tables’ on booking.com to ensure you get one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Nope.

Yip. I have a sore right hip so sleep on my left side more. I would rather no be facing my husband all night so I sleep on the left side of the bed. I am pretty sure he feels the same. 

Do you panic if there is no bedside table in a hotel room,  or do you filter for  ‘bedside tables’ on booking.com to ensure you get one? 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a strange compulsion to try and play over 100 new golf courses every year - managed it three years in a row - plus doing  a pub crawl in each new place I stay in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

A question for everyone. Do you always sleep on the same side of the bed even if your not in your own bed, hotels etc. Why? 

Not only do I have to sleep on the same side in a hotel I like the bathroom to be in roughly the same place as it is in my house in relation to the bed. It's not the first time in a hotel when I've been really pished I've ended up out in corridor looking for the toilet. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...