Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

So, you're doing a bit of shopping at the supermarket, diy store etc. You've selected your trolley and sweet, it's running smooth as silk. So you've got a nice downhill bit on the newly tarmacked car park or even, an in store empty aisle, are you going to give it a good hard shove, push down on the handle and wheeech along with your feet off the ground? I am, and I'm ancient, do I need help.

Edited by Eisegerwind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

So, you're doing a bit of shopping at the supermarket, diy store etc. You've selected your trolley and sweet, it's running smooth as silk. So you've got a nice downhill bit on the newly tarmacked car park or even, an in store empty aisle, are you going to give it a good hard shove, push down on the handle and wheeech along with your feet off the ground? I am, and I'm ancient, do I need help.

Of course I am. 

What a stupid fucking question 😂

I quite often find myself with the trolley and give the wife/son/daughter little warning as I let it go hurtling towards them and give a late warning of “catch”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly different, my auld auntie was wheelchair bound and I would take her out a walk at the weekends. When we got to any wee hills I'd jump on the back of the wheelchair and let it go down the hill, used to scare the shit out of her 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Slightly different, my auld auntie was wheelchair bound and I would take her out a walk at the weekends. When we got to any wee hills I'd jump on the back of the wheelchair and let it go down the hill, used to scare the shit out of her 😂

Yeah, I can appreciate that, elderly aunties, walking, moral conscience, but it's not a supermarket trolley is it.

20 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Of course I am. 

What a stupid fucking question 😂

I quite often find myself with the trolley and give the wife/son/daughter little warning as I let it go hurtling towards them and give a late warning of “catch”

Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, I can appreciate that, elderly aunties, walking, moral conscience, but it's not a supermarket trolley is it.

That's why I said slightly different 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Slightly different, my auld auntie was wheelchair bound and I would take her out a walk at the weekends. When we got to any wee hills I'd jump on the back of the wheelchair and let it go down the hill, used to scare the shit out of her 😂

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bonzo said:

That's why I said slightly different 😁

Yeah, but you know what happens if you don't keep the thread tight, before you know it we'll be debating Shamina Begums mothering skills or playing daft, type "black guy wheeching on a supermarket trolley" into google to see shocking result stuff.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind years ago when you went into Presto and Willy Lows you’d have to push the trolley through a curtain thing with big red plastic flaps then you’d have to go through a turnstile thing to get the same trolley

What was all that about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Mind years ago when you went into Presto and Willy Lows you’d have to push the trolley through a curtain thing with big red plastic flaps then you’d have to go through a turnstile thing to get the same trolley

What was all that about?

No idea , a sex dream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do some supermarkets have up signs saying that the trolleys won’t work if you take it out of the grounds? Do they think we’re fucking stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Why do some supermarkets have up signs saying that the trolleys won’t work if you take it out of the grounds? Do they think we’re fucking stupid?

Two possibilities

1. They won't

2.They do.

3. Have you tried to get a trolley in the back of the motor for some 'off piste' wheeching?'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Two possibilities

1. They won't

2.They do.

3. Have you tried to get a trolley in the back of the motor for some 'off piste' wheeching?'

 

Wheeching 😂😂

My work van is a transit custom, plenty room in there. 

You want one, I can steal to order, but you’ve got to give me the pound back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Why do some supermarkets have up signs saying that the trolleys won’t work if you take it out of the grounds? Do they think we’re fucking stupid?

A bit off piste but when the  5p for a bag first came in Asda in Dundee put security tags on their baskets as the locals were fecking of with their stolen goods groceries in them. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

A bit off piste but when the  5p for a bag first came in Asda in Dundee put security tags on their baskets as the locals were fecking of with their stolen goods groceries in them. 

😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was living in the East End of London when Tesco opened what was then one of the biggest supermarkets in Europe at Bromley-by-Bow, about 1/4 mile from me. I lived on a grim 1980s East End estate where nicked cars were left fairly frequently. When the supermarket opened, after the cars had been dumped, the youngsters would rip out seats & bits of the car, 'pimp' (probably not a word back then - at least not in this context) shopping trolleys they'd nicked & ride them around the estate.

Edited by Huddersfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 10:18 PM, Mark frae Crieff said:

A bit off piste but when the  5p for a bag first came in Asda in Dundee put security tags on their baskets as the locals were fecking of with their stolen goods groceries in them. 

If thats the big Asda at the Strips of Craigie I’m not surprised.

The shopping trolleys are much sought after amongst the local thief’s. Often later sold for several pounds on Gumtree and Auto Trader. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...