University Project - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

University Project

janiem

Hi there I am a 4th year at Queen Margaret University In Edinburgh. As part of my course I have to do a research project and the subject of my project is what motivates Scottish football fans to travel to away days. So if anyone has recently been on a trip somewhere with the tartan army could you please fill out this short survey via this link 

https://qmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attendance-motivations-of-scottish-football-fans-who-trave?fbclid=IwAR3U71Hv-yWXk9FeG-J0iyMl2m66Aj3haGOdcxGt9GSjCWBsQOxr4Uya098

thanks 

4 hours ago, janiem said:

Hi there I am a 4th year at Queen Margaret University In Edinburgh. As part of my course I have to do a research project and the subject of my project is what motivates Scottish football fans to travel to away days. So if anyone has recently been on a trip somewhere with the tartan army could you please fill out this short survey via this link 

https://qmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attendance-motivations-of-scottish-football-fans-who-trave?fbclid=IwAR3U71Hv-yWXk9FeG-J0iyMl2m66Aj3haGOdcxGt9GSjCWBsQOxr4Uya098

thanks 

Completed. Good luck with your studies.

29 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Done!

Good luck with your research - let us know the results when it's completed.

They never do. I’ve done multiple things like this in the past and you very rarely hear any feedback from the results so I will not be taking part in any way shape or form

Theyre like politicians, float around while they need you then you never see the bastards again. Not that I’m overly interested in the results but it would be nice to have a little bit of feedback

Instead of sitting posting on the TAMB all day and receiving a bursary for the privilege, try getting out into the real world. Can you honestly believe they spend the bursary on the nuts snd bolts of life or on things that will benefit them at college or uni such as pencils and pads etc? Naw they’ll spend all weekend in the students unions pishing the bursary’s up the wa’

Ive known countless folk over the years who have treated uni and college as a free pass, get whatever they were studying for then get a job that is in no way related to the degree that they studied for and work under or alongside people who got out into the real world from day 1

Get a job, put money aside and go travelling for a few months with YOUR OWN money when your bit older and can appreciate what the world has to offer

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They never do. I’ve done multiple things like this in the past and you very rarely hear any feedback from the results so I will not be taking part in any way shape or form

Theyre like politicians, float around while they need you then you never see the bastards again. Not that I’m overly interested in the results but it would be nice to have a little bit of feedback

Instead of sitting posting on the TAMB all day and receiving a bursary for the privilege, try getting out into the real world. Can you honestly believe they spend the bursary on the nuts snd bolts of life or on things that will benefit them at college or uni such as pencils and pads etc? Naw they’ll spend all weekend in the students unions pishing the bursary’s up the wa’

Ive known countless folk over the years who have treated uni and college as a free pass, get whatever they were studying for then get a job that is in no way related to the degree that they studied for and work under or alongside people who got out into the real world from day 1

Get a job, put money aside and go travelling for a few months with YOUR OWN money when your bit older and can appreciate what the world has to offer

What a bloody overreaction that is my GOD. Do you know this guy to personally attack him like that? If you have been to University you'll know that since he is in his 4th year he'll be on his dissertation, where it is requirement to conduct surveys and other research projects. Give the guy a break, do his survey to help him out and shut the f*ck up. Also posting on the forum at 11am...... Shouldn't you be at work?

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

:wtf:

Did someone piss on your chips instead of putting sauce on them?

Show some support for the lassie's initiative, especially as today is International Women's Day. In the real world.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I do plan on posting the results on here and just to let you know I have only joined this site about a week ago to post this survey I dont sit on it all day got better things to do like work on my university degree and also balance my part time job which has helped me over the years travel to New York, Frankfurt, Dubai , Marbella and Ibiza inbetween uni 

8 hours ago, janiem said:

I do plan on posting the results on here and just to let you know I have only joined this site about a week ago to post this survey I dont sit on it all day got better things to do like work on my university degree and also balance my part time job which has helped me over the years travel to New York, Frankfurt, Dubai , Marbella and Ibiza inbetween uni 

My post surrounding using Uni as a free pass wasn’t solely aimed at yourself personally

After reading your response however, you sound like the model student, the benchmark if you like. It’s a pity that your peers didn’t take a leaf out of your book when it comes to the work/study/life balance

I wish you the best of luck with your degree and hope you get the qualifications required to pursue a career in your preferred field

Edited by DoonTheSlope

9 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

:wtf:

Did someone piss on your chips instead of putting sauce on them?

Show some support for the lassie's initiative, especially as today is International Women's Day. In the real world.

As for international bints day, get tae fuck 😂

Mon’ the boaby 🍆

10 hours ago, BinosWest said:

What a bloody overreaction that is my GOD. Do you know this guy to personally attack him like that? If you have been to University you'll know that since he is in his 4th year he'll be on his dissertation, where it is requirement to conduct surveys and other research projects. Give the guy a break, do his survey to help him out and shut the f*ck up. Also posting on the forum at 11am...... Shouldn't you be at work?

Why did you automatically assume the op was male? Because it’s a football forum and it’s mainly males who use them? That’s the sort stigma that international bints day is trying to shake. Give the girls a break, they can follow the game too and interact on forums with fellow fans. 

Also, Why are you interested about my whereabouts at 11am on a Friday morning? There’s a whole load of reasons why I could be posting on a forum at that time. I could be an expat living in another time zone far far away and reading the forums before hitting the hay for the night? I could have been off work absent with an illness/injury, I could be travelling to work for the late shift on public transport and occupying myself by engaging in some online interaction or ordinarily I may have just had the day off or I could have simply been on a comfort break

16 hours ago, janiem said:

Welcome to the board. It is one of the custom and practice rules on here that any claims must be substantiated with photographic evidence. Please post the evidence of these travels at your earliest convenience. Good luck with your studies.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, Padre Andrew said:

Done.

Interested to know where 'descriptive of me' comes from as a phrase. How is it different to 'strongly agree', etc.

Please post the results, and your interpretation.

This survey is an adapted version of a sports fan motivation measurement scale that I learned about in uni during a class about motivations of event consumers. so the phrase descriptive of me comes from that scale. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi just to say a huge thank you to everyone on here who took the time to answer my survey. My university project got handed in two weeks ago and the results of the survey highlighted the main attendance motivations were that as a group of fans you all enjoy the experience of travelling and watching football games in other countries, you enjoy the social aspects of travel such as going to the game with friends or family and as a large group collectively. Also, you enjoy admiring other stadiums around the world and other teams players.