6 months from now - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 months from now

mrniaboc

Today was good day, with McTominay starting and playing really well for Man Utd in the last 16 of the champions league, and Jack Harper supposedly signing a pre-contract deal with Getafe, who are currently sitting 4th in La Liga. It got me thinking from an optimistic point of view again. What could we be looking at just 6 months from now (best case scenarios)?

1 - Robbo is ELP champion with Liverpool
2 - McTominay staring regularly for Man Utd
3 - Harper playing in La Liga
4 - Bates playing in the Bundesliga
5 - Henderson playing in Serie A
6 - McGinn and McGregor running the midfield at Leicester 
7 - Hornby getting games for Everton first team
8 - Gilmour senior debut at Chelsea
9 - Armstrong starting regularly for Southampton
10 - Fraser still going strong at Bournemouth, or possibly a bigger EPL team
11 - Tierney playing for a top 6 EPL team
12 - Burke actually getting game time down south
13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc)
15 - An actual decent right back has emerged

I would be delighted with half of these coming true. In reality we might see one or two of them...

13 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

1 - Robbo is ELP champion with Liverpool - Possible, but still less likely than likely.
2 - McTominay staring regularly for Man Utd - StarTing, maybe
3 - Harper playing in La Liga - Can hope so, Getafe's other forwards are all getting on
4 - Bates playing in the Bundesliga - Seems likely
5 - Henderson playing in Serie A - Nope. Verona's form is patchy and he's played 90 mins once since October.
6 - McGinn and McGregor running the midfield at Leicester - In the Championship?
7 - Hornby getting games for Everton first team - Very unlikely.
8 - Gilmour senior debut at Chelsea - No chance. Maybe a loan, but probably still just in their youth sides.
9 - Armstrong starting regularly for Southampton - In the Championship.
10 - Fraser still going strong at Bournemouth, or possibly a bigger EPL team - B'muff
11 - Tierney playing for a top 6 EPL team - ahahahaaa
12 - Burke actually getting game time down south - Nope.
13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things - All still where they are now probably.
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc) - Fingers crossed, aye
15 - An actual decent right back has emerged - Liam Palmer? The kids all seem too far away from regular first team football at a good level.

I think you've gone a wee bit beyond the bounds of optimism! ;)

I think i give you 3-4. Still not a bad place to be.

2 hours ago, andyD said:

1 to 4 are pretty likely tbf. No. 6 could easily happen as mcginn will defo have epl clubs interested imo. No.9,Armstrong already starts fairly regularly for saints so there's a good chance of him starting more. No. 10 is basically already happening as Fraser is doing well at Bournemouth and attracting interest from bigger clubs. No.11, only because Tierney wants to stay at celtic otherwise there's a good chance of him moving to a top 6 club. Overall the list is pretty realistic goals imo.

16 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

1 to 4 are pretty likely tbf. No. 6 could easily happen as mcginn will defo have epl clubs interested imo. No.9,Armstrong already starts fairly regularly for saints so there's a good chance of him starting more. No. 10 is basically already happening as Fraser is doing well at Bournemouth and attracting interest from bigger clubs. No.11, only because Tierney wants to stay at celtic otherwise there's a good chance of him moving to a top 6 club. Overall the list is pretty realistic goals imo.

Yes, to be clear, this is not a list of things I expect to be the case in 6 months, it's a list of awesome things I think have the possibility of happening 6 months from now. If half of them happen we'll be in dreamland! 

PS: andyD you should chuck a tenner on Leicester getting relagated. They are only at 250/1 and have a good track record of fooling the bookies haha. 

2 hours ago, andyD said:

I assume your laughter at the Tierney suggestion is to do with his lack of desire to leave Celtic? I agree with this, but I think that if offers are over £15m it's not his choice any more. 

49 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I assume your laughter at the Tierney suggestion is to do with his lack of desire to leave Celtic? I agree with this, but I think that if offers are over £15m it's not his choice any more. 

It's been heavily discussed in another thread.

He shows no desire to leave.
I don't see any top6 clubs that would actually want him.
Players playing in Scotland basically never move to top6 clubs. It's not a respected level of football. (pub question, who was the last?)

43 minutes ago, andyD said:

It's been heavily discussed in another thread.

He shows no desire to leave.
I don't see any top6 clubs that would actually want him.
Players playing in Scotland basically never move to top6 clubs. It's not a respected level of football. (pub question, who was the last?)

Tony Gallagher or Billy Gilmour? 

Straight to the first team, Alan Hutton? 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:54 PM, mrniaboc said:

Today was good day, with McTominay starting and playing really well for Man Utd in the last 16 of the champions league, and Jack Harper supposedly signing a pre-contract deal with Getafe, who are currently sitting 4th in La Liga. It got me thinking from an optimistic point of view again. What could we be looking at just 6 months from now (best case scenarios)?

13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc)

I would be delighted with half of these coming true. In reality we might see one or two of them...

1. Quite possible.

2. Also quite possible.

3. The jury's out. He could be at a La Liga club but in what capacity? Playing or bench-warming or reserve football?

4. Quite probable.

5. Less likely I'd say.

6. I cannot see it.

7. No I don't see it.

8. No definitely not.

9. Quite possible.

10. Very likely.

11. I cannot see it.

12. Perhaps.

13. Quite probable.

14. That is already happening to a certain degree.

15. I don't see it at the moment.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, mrniaboc said:

Nice wee positive thread this one.

1 - Robbo is ELP champion with Liverpool - less likely now but good experience
2 - McTominay staring regularly for Man Utd - Would it hurt him to move to a mid table EPL side to play every week?
3 - Harper playing in La Liga - Possible but is he on McLeish's radar?
4 - Bates playing in the Bundesliga - Definite
5 - Henderson playing in Serie A - Same answer as No.3
6 - McGinn and McGregor running the midfield at Leicester - Perhaps, especially with the Rodgers appointment
7 - Hornby getting games for Everton first team - Hope so, don't see it
8 - Gilmour senior debut at Chelsea - defo not, U18s to U21s to loanee. 4+ years away if ever
9 - Armstrong starting regularly for Southampton - Yep, he should have been already
10 - Fraser still going strong at Bournemouth, or possibly a bigger EPL team - Likely stays B'Mouth
11 - Tierney playing for a top 6 EPL team - Heard Arsenal might be in for him?
12 - Burke actually getting game time down south - Maybe
13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things - probably stay put
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc) - Encouraging already
15 - An actual decent right back has emerged - Here's hoping!

8 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Nice wee positive thread this one.

1 - Robbo is ELP champion with Liverpool - less likely now but good experience
2 - McTominay staring regularly for Man Utd - Would it hurt him to move to a mid table EPL side to play every week?
3 - Harper playing in La Liga - Possible but is he on McLeish's radar?
4 - Bates playing in the Bundesliga - Definite
5 - Henderson playing in Serie A - Same answer as No.3
6 - McGinn and McGregor running the midfield at Leicester - Perhaps, especially with the Rodgers appointment
7 - Hornby getting games for Everton first team - Hope so, don't see it
8 - Gilmour senior debut at Chelsea - defo not, U18s to U21s to loanee. 4+ years away if ever
9 - Armstrong starting regularly for Southampton - Yep, he should have been already
10 - Fraser still going strong at Bournemouth, or possibly a bigger EPL team - Likely stays B'Mouth
11 - Tierney playing for a top 6 EPL team - Heard Arsenal might be in for him?
12 - Burke actually getting game time down south - Maybe
13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things - probably stay put
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc) - Encouraging already
15 - An actual decent right back has emerged - Here's hoping!

8 - Gilmour already plays for the u23s. I think he’ll make it at Chelsea. He’s starting to fill out now. Maybe a loan next season is most likely. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 11:54 PM, mrniaboc said:

1 - Robbo is ELP champion with Liverpool - nope, but he is a European champion! 
2 - McTominay staring regularly for Man Utd - yup
3 - Harper playing in La Liga - close but no cigar! 
4 - Bates playing in the Bundesliga - nope
5 - Henderson playing in Serie A - yes! 
6 - McGinn and McGregor running the midfield at Leicester - nope, but McGinn doing well in the EPL with Villa and Leicester did put in a £20m last minute bid for McGregor 
7 - Hornby getting games for Everton first team - nope, but he has been loaned out to a Belgian top flight side
8 - Gilmour senior debut at Chelsea - yes! 
9 - Armstrong starting regularly for Southampton - sadly not 
10 - Fraser still going strong at Bournemouth, or possibly a bigger EPL team - still going strong at Bournemouth 
11 - Tierney playing for a top 6 EPL team - signed for Arsenal and will definitely play soon! 
12 - Burke actually getting game time down south - nope, but has been loaned to a La Liga side! We'll see if he actually plays... 
13 - Christie, Forrest, McKenna, Souttar staying on form where they are or on to bigger and better things - the first two are still going strong, the other two not so much
14 - Young lads getting regular starts in SPL (Middleton, Johnston, Henderson, Hastie, McCrorie etc) - the first two are, the others not so much 
15 - An actual decent right back has emerged - not at all

Well that's been six months, and I'd actually say a lot more of these have come true than I'd expected!