The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you playing with a full deck of cards??? No surprise coming fae you...

So you remember when Boyata came piling into the back of GMS at the league cup final and knocked him out? The cry was that you can’t stop when you’re in mid air and it was accidental. 

Now it happens to a Celtic player, it’s dangerous and wreck less. 

Couldnt make it up. 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So you remember when Boyata came piling into the back of GMS at the league cup final and knocked him out? The cry was that you can’t stop when you’re in mid air and it was accidental. 

Couldnt make it up. 

Scottish football in a nut shell. 

Surprised at the reaction to Ball’s challenge. I thought the second challenge alone was a straight red. Reckless and dangerous. Not saying he meant to do him but it was a crazy attempt. Never mind a 50/50, that was probably a  90/10. 😂 

Deserved to go for that alone. 

12 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Surprised at the reaction to Ball’s challenge. I thought the second challenge alone was a straight red. Reckless and dangerous. Not saying he meant to do him but it was a crazy attempt. Never mind a 50/50, that was probably a  90/10. 😂 

Deserved to go for that alone. 

I’m in complete agreement. It was a ridiculous challenge, worthy of a second  yellow card, but a straight red wouldn’t have been a surprise. 

I cant believe people think otherwise. 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Did Craig Thomson get MotM?

:lol:

Always seems to give the big side the big decision.

I’ve rarely(if ever?) seen a player given a booking for a clash of heads in the centre circle, and Celtic’s penalty to seal the deal was soft as fuck!

Did I ever mention I think Craig Thomson is a cunt? Makes a change seeing him send off someone not wearing a motherwell strip though!

Looks like a comfortable victory for Celtic, and to be fair Aberdeen barely laid a glove on them, little defence of Lewis Ferguson, but it looked worse than it ultimately was, and he’s only a kid.

Clash of heads? Away and take a look at yourself. Assault, he was never ever going to compete for that ball, it’s an out and out headbutt. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Couldnt make it up. 

Boyata's was a genuine 50/50 to be fair. Bell decides to jump well after Christie and isn't anywhere near the ball. It was dangerous play.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Couldnt make it up. 

Your memory is playing up. "Piling into the back of GMS".........didn't happen. He would actually be some sort of player if he managed to both pile into the back of him and smash him in the face at the same time.

GMS was the one who attacked the ball and headed Boyata. Different from yesterday where Ball is the one who has the momentum and flies into Christie. 

Seen a lot of Aberdeen fans comparing the two. They aren't comparable apart from two players suffered head injuries.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

39 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Clash of heads? Away and take a look at yourself. Assault, he was never ever going to compete for that ball, it’s an out and out headbutt. 

Calm dow drama queen, ball was late. It wasnt assault or intentional. It was late and a booking merited.

18 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Your memory is playing up. "Piling into the back of GMS".........didn't happen. He would actually be some sort of player if he managed to both pile into the back of him and smash him in the face at the same time.

GMS was the one who attacked the ball and headed Boyata. Different from yesterday where Ball is the one who has the momentum and flies into Christie. 

Seen a lot of Aberdeen fans comparing the two. They aren't comparable apart from two players suffered head injuries.

GMS wins the ball, boyata was late. Christie wins the ball, Ball was late.

What's the difference? 

J

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

While your description is a bit OTT, I thought Craigan summed it up well. If you’re late with feet it’s a booking....

You don’t often see bookings or even found given in these situations normally.

Balls first yellow card was for persistent fouling, despite it being his 1st foul. That’s the level of referee we are dealing with.

I could cite countless Motherwell games ruined by Craig Thomson’s excitement to flash cards without thinking.

Penalty soft as hell too I thought, to seal the deal.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

J

While your description is a bit OTT, I thought Craigan summed it up well. If you’re late with feet it’s a booking....

You don’t often see bookings or even found given in these situations normally.

Balls first yellow card was for persistent fouling, despite it being his 1st foul. That’s the level of referee we are dealing with.

I could cite countless Motherwell games ruined by Craig Thomson’s excitement to flash cards without thinking.

Penalty soft as hell too I thought, to seal the deal.

You clip someone's heel from behind in the penalty area then it is a penalty. Nothing "soft" about it 

For Thomson being so biased towards Celtic, he should have given a penalty for the shirt pull on Eduoard but instead gave Aberdeen a free kick.

15 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

GMS heads Boyata, Ball heads Christie, yep no difference.

GMS headed the ball, Boyata then hit him after his attempt at goal was away. It’s exactly the same thing. He was late in the challenge, just as ball was. FWIW I don’t think for a minute that Boyata went in to hurt him, he simply mistimed it as he was nowhere near the ball. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

GMS headed the ball, Boyata then hit him after his attempt at goal was away. It’s exactly the same thing. He was late in the challenge, just as ball was. FWIW I don’t think for a minute that Boyata went in to hurt him, he simply mistimed it as he was nowhere near the ball. 

Nope. You will see what you want to see. Boyata makes no movement towards GMS or attempt to hit GMS. He is moving towards the ball, eyes on the ball, GMS gets there first heads the ball and his action in heading the ball sees him also head Boyata.

9 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Same song that the Aberdeen fans to Stevie G so Aberdeen fans bigots as well

Clearly.

The difference I notice is that the Aberdeen fans on here came out and condemned the song. Whereas you've got a line-up of Celtic fans on here excusing it.

So I can buy the argument that it was a minority of idiots in the Aberdeen support, whereas most of the Celtic support indulge in sectarianism, including you and a number of others on here.