The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

2 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Am curious how the definition of sectarian is applied if you “swing both ways” as per the hibs / huns example quoted above per slasher

i personally hate to see the dons caught up in this pish btw

Slasher will be better placed to answer your first point

100% - Though I doubt we'll require the SG, Police Scotland, or hunners o' years to 'sort it out' internally 'ASC' :ok:

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

Aye

I'm on a cruise (Schoolboy error), you can have my login & password for a small fee ;) 

I’ll be there 😛

Hope we get beat though, bigger schoolboy error on my part. 

Bairn has a fitba tournament in Blackpool on cup final weekend 🙈

Edited by dandydunn

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And you gave them all the ammunition they needed.

Yes, but the prerequisite of being a b*stard in order to gain membership in the first place hardly helps the situation.

(Again... Slippy isn't Orange, isn't a member of their Order, and doesn't frequent their Lodges.)

All he did was become the first Sevco manager in their 7 year history to lose to Aberdeen in all competitions (and all by clean sheets) in the same season (and the delirious Dons fans unfortunately used a very poor choice of nonfactual wording to get it up him).

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, but the prerequisite of being a b*stard in order to gain membership in the first place hardly helps the situation.

(Again... Slippy isn't Orange, isn't a member of their Order, and doesn't frequent their Lodges.)

All he did was become the first Sevco manager in their 7 year history to lose to Aberdeen in all competitions (and all by clean sheets) in the same season (and the delirious Dons fans unfortunately used a very poor choice of nonfactual wording to get it up him).

Your want to try and justify your clubs support and their poor behaviour is laughable. It’ll remain an issue until people admit there actually is issues. 

42 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Your want to try and justify your clubs support and their poor behaviour is laughable.

And where did I do that?

What did I say that wasn't true?

Go on...

(Dons fans don't care if Slippy is Protestant or Roman Catholic. If they did, they get it right.)

2 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Am curious how the definition of sectarian is applied if you “swing both ways” as per the hibs / huns example quoted above per slasher

i personally hate to see the dons caught up in this pish btw

I think the best example of that I can give is a song that Motherwell fans used to sing. Can't remember the exact wording because I haven't heard it for years but it was along the lines of 'we'll fuck the huns in royal blue, we'll fuck the Tim's in emerald green, so fuck the Pope and fuck the queen.'

Is that ok ? In today's climate I would say no. It's not acceptable and to say because it slates both it's somehow different is wrong. That said it's clear to me Aberdeen aren't one of the club's who have a problem in this area, all the more strange why some of them want to dip their toes in these murky waters..

Edit to say Im pretty sure Partick Thistle had a similar version 👍

Edited by slasher

8 hours ago, slasher said:

I think the best example of that I can give is a song that Motherwell fans used to sing. Can't remember the exact wording because I haven't heard it for years but it was along the lines of 'we'll fuck the huns in royal blue, we'll fuck the Tim's in emerald green, so fuck the Pope and fuck the queen.'

Is that ok ? In today's climate I would say no. It's not acceptable and to say because it slates both it's somehow different is wrong. That said it's clear to me Aberdeen aren't one of the club's who have a problem in this area, all the more strange why some of them want to dip their toes in these murky waters..

Hullo Hullo, how do you do....we fuck the boys in Royal Blue, we fuck the boys in Emerald Green, we are the boys in Tangerine. 👌

This is the version from our non sectarian award winning fans, that has ben sung for decades.

Obviously, it was a bit more factually correct  in the 80’s ☹️ 

If you havent had a premier sports subscription before you get the first month free and it's just a month to month contract. You need to give a minimum 15 days notice to cancel before they take payment for the next month.

Take out the subscription and then call to cancel it a few weeks before they are due to take payment for next month. Also make sure to cancel the direct debit.

2 minutes ago, CumbernauldJag said:

If you havent had a premier sports subscription before you get the first month free and it's just a month to month contract. You need to give a minimum 15 days notice to cancel before they take payment for the next month.

Take out the subscription and then call to cancel it a few weeks before they are due to take payment for next month. Also make sure to cancel the direct debit.

Thanks 

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

And where did I do that?

What did I say that wasn't true?

Go on...

(Dons fans don't care if Slippy is Protestant or Roman Catholic. If they did, they get it right.)

You didn't try to justify it. Macy is on the wind up because there's no way he's that thick.

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I think the whole point of that song is that the fans singing it are not interested in the pope or the queen as religion and politics have no place in football.

Very different from singing something like:

”we hate catholics, everybody hates Roman Catholics”

:lol:

However any clamp down will end up with jags fans or whoever getting done for singing their dirty.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Hampden bosses turn down AFC request for fans to have access for a pre match display to be set up.

They really dont do themselves any favours with stupid decisions like this.

What is wrong with these cunts? A fans display? As long as it is not offensive what is wrong with that?

On 3/16/2019 at 12:03 AM, slasher said:

Whilst for many, it may make no difference the actual words to the Thistle song are "Fuck your Pope and fuck your Queen"

I think it makes a difference but I can understand why others wouldn't think so. It's not a song that get's sung very often these day and hopefully just dies out.

2 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Whilst for many, it may make no difference the actual words to the Thistle song are "Fuck your Pope and fuck your Queen"

I think it makes a difference but I can understand why others wouldn't think so. It's not a song that get's sung very often these day and hopefully just dies out.

Its called education. Football fans not just in scotland have these songs of hate. Most are funny like the david beckham one etc. But unfortunately a lot are filled with a bad tone. But we can only try and improve things ourselves. Its not just down to the clubs. Fans should take responsily as well to root out these wee neds.

If you can’t say fuck the pope or fuck the queen at a football match where can you say it?

All joking aside, if that offends someone then maybe a football game isn’t for them, or leaving the house. You could argue that kids shouldn’t be exposed to that but the best football songs are going to offend someone. 

“In your Paisley slum .... 🎶

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

If you can’t say fuck the pope or fuck the queen at a football match where can you say it?

All joking aside, if that offends someone then maybe a football game isn’t for them, or leaving the house. You could argue that kids shouldn’t be exposed to that but the best football songs are going to offend someone. 

“In your Paisley slum .... 🎶

I’m offended by that last sentence. 😢

• 3 weeks later...