The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of agree with that point.

😬

I can see how it could be offensive to the victims of the famine, but I can pass the famine song off as satire to an extent.

It’s aimed at plastic paddys. You couldn’t sing an equivalent song to folk of African or Indian descent I suppose, but if someone’s only connection to Ireland is drinking Magners in the hibs club...

It’s far from the worst thing you’ll hear sung at the football, but seems to have been focused upon.

That's a point of view that is ingrained in Scotland. Anti Irish racism is a bit of a laugh but all other ethnicities are quite right to be offended by slurs like Paki/Chinky etc. Why is that? Moronic....😏

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Exactly, unless they have developed a rather bad case of selective hearing?

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Aberdeen have a sectarian problem do they? It's more that a section of their support seem to think that it's ok to indulge in it. Lennon got it at Easter Road (despite denials on here) and now Slippy at Ibrox. However I think it's a problem they'll be capable of dealing with  themselves without any help from Police Scotland, a complete fuck up of an organisation where this and many other fan issues are concerned!

The huns are desperate to paint that picture, thats for sure. 

It shouldn’t have been sung and should never be sung, that can be agreed on. 

Whilst we’re on the subject of reporting, I’ll be calling AFC for action to be taken every time I’m told I’ve been taking part in some sort of beastiality, that’s simply not on. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, I don't think calling anyone an Orange Bastard or Fenian Bastard is on.

Aberdeen fans obviously think that's fine, batter in.

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It actually was (banter) in this case (but I wish that they never even approached the subject).

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Oooft, that;s old firm levels of whataboutery.

Please explain the whataboutary.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m pretty staggered we’ve got people here trying to claim calling someone an Orange Bastard isn’t a sectarian chant. By that same logic The Famine song isn’t sectarian either then as the people it was being sung it too are Scottish and not Irish. I’ll look forward to belting that out next time I’m at Ibrox. 

But aye, it’s only the Old Firm who sweep sectarianism under the carpet. 

The obvious difference being that the Sevco and Celtic supports largely really do hate people based on whether they identify as Protestant or Roman Catholic.

Aberdeen fans could care less (and unfortunately those at Ibrox chose an ill-informed song to get it up Slippy).

26 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of reporting, I’ll be calling AFC for action to be taken every time I’m told I’ve been taking part in some sort of beastiality, that’s simply not on. 

Rock-On-Hand-Sticker.png

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m pretty staggered we’ve got people here trying to claim calling someone an Orange Bastard isn’t a sectarian chant. By that same logic The Famine song isn’t sectarian either then as the people it was being sung it too are Scottish and not Irish. I’ll look forward to belting that out next time I’m at Ibrox. 

I realise the point you are trying to make, but it doesn't really stand when some Celtic fans are actually Irish.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Morelos yellow upheld 😂

Can you appeal a yellow if it’s for simulation?

If you can, I can see how it might’ve been overturned. In isolation it would fall into the “went down easily” category, rather than an out and out dive, but he had plenty of them later.

Just another anti-Rangers decision, it’s been going on for years.

😛

Edited by sbcmfc

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Can you appeal a yellow if it’s for simulation?

If you can, I can see how it might’ve been overturned. In isolation it would fall into the “went down easily” category, rather than an out and out dive, but he had plenty of them later.

for me you either dive or you don't, he felt contact and threw himself to the ground to try and con the ref - thats a dive. That goes for any player, Peter Pawlett was very good at it. 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

for me you either dive or you don't, he felt contact and threw himself to the ground to try and con the ref - thats a dive. That goes for any player, Peter Pawlett was very good at it. 

It's a pretty grey area. There's decisions I've seen that haven't been penalties, but equally they haven't been dives. Although there was clearly contact from Considine (or was it McKenna?), your legs don't buckle under you if you've got a hand on your shoulder:lol: Morelos was at it, unsurprisingly.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye, I think generally if there’s contact they seem to get the benefit of the doubt. Although how someone placing a hand on your shoulder causes your legs to stop working I’m not sure.

Not to defend the cheats, but if Refs start giving penalties to players that try to stay on their feet, they might stop going down so easily....

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye, I think generally if there’s contact they seem to get the benefit of the doubt. Although how someone placing a hand on your shoulder causes your legs to stop working I’m not sure.

Not to defend the cheats, but if Refs start giving penalties to players that try to stay on their feet, they might stop going down so easily....

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Diving has always gone on, it's just more common now. There's also quite a few players that seem to think it's a legitimate tactic rather than cheating. 

As for the hand on the shoulder, it depends if its pushing you or not and whose hand it is. I'm pretty sure if Tam Forsyth dropped his hand on your shoulder, quite a few players would go down. 😂

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, I don't think calling anyone an Orange Bastard or Fenian Bastard is on.

Aberdeen fans obviously think that's fine, batter in.

You didn't answer what I asked

No Aberdeen fan thinks its fine

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's clearly a reference to religion. It shouldn't have been sung. 

What these thick cunts have done is allowed the west coast media to make Aberdeen the focal point of sectarian singing debate. 

It was a question, not a statement

Perhaps, but thankfully the irony in their efforts will not be lost in the grand scheme

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

But aye, it’s only the Old Firm who sweep sectarianism under the carpet. 

I've seen it questioned genuinely, not vindictively

You're way better than that FB

11 hours ago, slasher said:

Exactly, unless they have developed a rather bad case of selective hearing?

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Aberdeen have a sectarian problem do they? It's more that a section of their support seem to think that it's ok to indulge in it. Lennon got it at Easter Road (despite denials on here) and now Slippy at Ibrox. However I think it's a problem they'll be capable of dealing with  themselves without any help from Police Scotland, a complete fuck up of an organisation where this and many other fan issues are concerned!

Agreed - Of course they don't Slasher

That said, there are 2 on here who are desperate to bring any negativity they can to all things Aberdeen

The first wants to justify his / her own teams stance, whilst the second is simply insecure

One of which will go to great lengths highlighting the 'pals' he / she has in other teams supports to validate their 'point(s)' / hatred

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

100%

We've been consistent with this for some time, (Not that we're offended in the slightest, but that's not the point 'now') unfortunately  the West Coast hotbeds won't see the irony 

(Note to all  -  FTR I have personally lived in, and have 'mates' living within these areas - Apparently this will validate my opinion)

11 minutes ago, Redz said:

Agreed - Of course they don't Slasher

That said, there are 2 on here who are desperate to bring any negativity they can to all things Aberdeen

The first wants to justify his / her own teams stance, whilst the second is simply insecure

One of which will go to great lengths highlighting the 'pals' he / she has in other teams supports to validate their 'point(s)' / hatred

Am curious how the definition of sectarian is applied if you “swing both ways” as per the hibs / huns example quoted above per slasher

i personally hate to see the dons caught up in this pish btw

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

14,500 tickets with an additional 3,000 set aside for Aberdeen. South and west stand. 

No cheating or lies this time, therefor we'll shift all those even though the day/ko time is shite and its on tv.