The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

This is different to the footballing authorities, this is the police. What has prompted them to investigate Aberdeen fans when as you say the heart of the problem lies with the Old firm.

Its bizarre

Nothing that a cheeky wee banner won't sort out.

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's pretty predictable, in my opinion. Still, i'd be happy for the cunts to get done, as long is there is consistency in the approach of the police and fiscal. 

Indeed 

Is 'Orange' really sectarian?

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Indeed 

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

followed by bastard it probably is.

Same with fenian.

Nah, it’s like hun, they’re desperate for it to be offensive, so they can point the finger at everyone else, but it’s not really.

Bastard is offensive regardless what you put it after. (Except sexy maybe?)

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

followed by bastard it probably is.

Same with fenian.

Sheep shagging bastard then, in a sexual orientation context ?

It's silly - These cunts (West Coast Police Scotland included) want to be offended simply to justify their behaviour / Sectarian / Bigoted shite they bring .

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is different to the footballing authorities, this is the police. What has prompted them to investigate Aberdeen fans when as you say the heart of the problem lies with the Old firm.

Its bizarre

Police = masons

Sevco = masons

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Indeed 

No

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I’ve said all along it’s not only a west coast issue yet cunts on here give me all sorts of abuse saying it’s not.

The only reason it would appear that it's not would be because of the amount of Sevco and Celtic supporters throughout the country.

8 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Just banter probably.

It actually was in this case (but I wish that they never even approached the subject).

Slippy is a Roman Catholic and nothing derogatory was uttered along that line.

(It would be like calling me a "sad muslim whatever" or "a black whatever".)

It wouldn't make sense.

First, you'd have to actually be what they're adding the 'bar steward' to for this to go anywhere.

Tonev called Logan a black c*nt (which is a no-no because Logan IS black.

Slippy isn't orange.

Sevco supporting freemason polis who can't handle the result are the ones that are pretending to be most 'offended'. 

"We'll get those sheep, yet." 

13 hours ago, Redz said:

Indeed 

It's clearly a reference to religion. It shouldn't have been sung. 

What these thick cunts have done is allowed the west coast media to make Aberdeen the focal point of sectarian singing debate. 

13 hours ago, Redz said:

Sheep shagging bastard then, in a sexual orientation context ?

It's silly - These cunts (West Coast Police Scotland included) want to be offended simply to justify their behaviour / Sectarian / Bigoted shite they bring .

Nah, I don't think calling anyone an Orange Bastard or Fenian Bastard is on.

Aberdeen fans obviously think that's fine, batter in.

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Police = masons

Sevco = masons

No

The only reason it would appear that it's not would be because of the amount of Sevco and Celtic supporters throughout the country.

It actually was in this case (but I wish that they never even approached the subject).

Slippy is a Roman Catholic and nothing derogatory was uttered along that line.

(It would be like calling me a "sad muslim whatever" or "a black whatever".)

It wouldn't make sense.

First, you'd have to actually be what they're adding the 'bar steward' to for this to go anywhere.

Tonev called Logan a black c*nt (which is a no-no because Logan IS black.

Slippy isn't orange.

Sevco supporting freemason polis who can't handle the result are the ones that are pretending to be most 'offended'. 

"We'll get those sheep, yet." 

Oooft, that;s old firm levels of whataboutery.

Well played.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I’m pretty staggered we’ve got people here trying to claim calling someone an Orange Bastard isn’t a sectarian chant. By that same logic The Famine song isn’t sectarian either then as the people it was being sung it too are Scottish and not Irish. I’ll look forward to belting that out next time I’m at Ibrox. 

But aye, it’s only the Old Firm who sweep sectarianism under the carpet. 

3 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Surely the police also have to open investigations into the abuse of Steve Clarke and kris Boyd now too? 

Exactly, unless they have developed a rather bad case of selective hearing?

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Aberdeen have a sectarian problem do they? It's more that a section of their support seem to think that it's ok to indulge in it. Lennon got it at Easter Road (despite denials on here) and now Slippy at Ibrox. However I think it's a problem they'll be capable of dealing with  themselves without any help from Police Scotland, a complete fuck up of an organisation where this and many other fan issues are concerned!

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

By that same logic The Famine song isn’t sectarian either then as the people it was being sung it too are Scottish and not Irish. I’ll look forward to belting that out next time I’m at Ibrox. 

But aye, it’s only the Old Firm who sweep sectarianism under the carpet. 

I kind of agree with that point.

😬

I can see how it could be offensive to the victims of the famine, but I can pass the famine song off as satire to an extent.

It’s aimed at plastic paddys. You couldn’t sing an equivalent song to folk of African or Indian descent I suppose, but if someone’s only connection to Ireland is drinking Magners in the hibs club...

It’s far from the worst thing you’ll hear sung at the football, but seems to have been focused upon.

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Exactly, unless they have developed a rather bad case of selective hearing?

I see first hand the way police and stewards deal with 500 Motherwell fans versus how they don’t deal with 5000 Rangers/Celtic fan.

Any clamp down on fan behaviour would disproportionately affect the likes of the ‘well bois far more than the green brigade or union bears. Police and stewards (understandably) have no interest in wading into the south stand at fir park, but they’re more than happy to go exponential on a few hundred Motherwell fans at St Mirren or Cappielow.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is my issue with this, Aberdeen fans are easy targets but don't understand Aberdeen (and other non OF fans) trying to laugh it off.

Most Aberdeen fans on here aren’t laughing it off from the comments I’ve read, every club has its knuckle trailers who drag it down but the club itself tends to react to events pretty quickly & firmly e.g. the Morelos mattress banner & the guy giving Gerrard the fingers. Hopefully they can weed the pricks out & ban them.

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

but the club itself tends to react to events pretty quickly & firmly e.g. the Morelos mattress banner & the guy giving Gerrard the fingers. 

Both of which are absolutely pathetic actions by AFC. Do not try and equate them with this. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Both of which are absolutely pathetic actions by AFC. Do not try and equate them with this. 

I was pointing out that the club takes action against fans who they deem to have embarrassed the club, {pity some others clubs don’t} they have always been tougher on their own fans at matches especially at Pittodrie, can’t count the number of times I’ve been told to sit down when away support stands for full game. They do need to grow some balls & stop taking the shit treatment from the pricks running the game from Hampden.

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Nah, it’s like hun, they’re desperate for it to be offensive, so they can point the finger at everyone else, but it’s not really.

Bastard is offensive regardless what you put it after. (Except sexy maybe?)

Good luck trying to make that defence in court.