The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

5 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Should be a retrospective yellow, but that would be considered picking on Sevco, wouldn't it?

I don't think they do retrospective yellows, or has that changed? 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's exactly what happened. The baw was bouncing in the opposite direction from which Morelos ran :lol: 

He'd already been booked for cheating and had dived a few more times since that. Clancy had no intention of dealing with Morelos properly last night and sending him off. Thankfully it didn't make a difference to the result. 

If he'd sent off Morelos we'd have had a better chance by the sounds of it. 

Bloody refs cheating us again. 😜

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's exactly what happened. The baw was bouncing in the opposite direction from which Morelos ran :lol: 

He'd already been booked for cheating and had dived a few more times since that. Clancy had no intention of dealing with Morelos properly last night and sending him off. Thankfully it didn't make a difference to the result. 

Not only that, but I’m quite sure he was actually favourite to get the ball ( had he followed its direction 😂 )

11 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Not only that, but I’m quite sure he was actually favourite to get the ball ( had he followed its direction 😂 )

The lad who gave the penalty away in the original game was probably favourite to get the ball had he stayed on his feet rather than gone to ground and taken GMS out.

You can't just blame Morrelos. Cheating, both on and off the park, is embedded within Rangers. Financial doping, Kamarra's dramatics to get Bachmann sent off, not kicking the ball back after a 50:50, stamping and booting folk all over the shop. For some it's trying to get an 'edge' for me it's cheating. While players from all teams are guilty of it from time to time, the rangers team cheat so persistently that it has to be a cultural rather than individual thing. Morrellos is just following the Rangers way. 

The Aberdeen team are no angels either. But I am glad to see Rangers attempt to cheat their way fail (again). Season over.

Well done Aberdeen.

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You can't just blame Morrelos. Cheating, both on and off the park, is embedded within Rangers. Financial doping, Kamarra's dramatics to get Bachmann sent off, not kicking the ball back after a 50:50, stamping and booting folk all over the shop. For some it's trying to get an 'edge' for me it's cheating. While players from all teams are guilty of it from time to time, the rangers team cheat so persistently that it has to be a cultural rather than individual thing. Morrellos is just following the Rangers way. 

The Aberdeen team are no angels either. But I am glad to see Rangers attempt to cheat their way fail (again). Season over.

Well done Aberdeen.

I expect similar outcry as we had when James Scott didn’t give the ball back against Celtic.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Well done Aberdeen.

Cute-baby-girl.jpg

23 hours ago, Parklife said:

Willie Miller described one of Morelos's dives as 'like watching Peter Pawlett of old' 🤣. Didn't realise Pawlett is now Dundee Utd and Utd now have American owners. Why did the Thompsons sell?

4 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

Morelos appealing his yellow for diving, was a bit of contact so maybe get it rescinded, then give him 4 retrospective yellows & the ensuing reds for his unpunished dives, justice served all round 👍

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Police Scotland looking into Hun boss being subjected to sectarian abuse on Tuesday night? Surely not? 

as stupid as it was of them to sing what they sang, this can't be for real? What are the police going to do?

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

as stupid as it was of them to sing what they sang, this can't be for real? What are the police going to do?

I think they will be creating a rod for their own back if they do this, we all know that the problem lies mostly with 2 clubs and this could backfire if they cherrypick.

A bit like overturning Morelos' red card, the SPFL have spent the whole season trying to justify that decision by citing players who ordinarily wouldnt have been cited.

30 minutes ago, stirlish said:

I think they will be creating a rod for their own back if they do this, we all know that the problem lies mostly with 2 clubs and this could backfire if they cherrypick.

A bit like overturning Morelos' red card, the SPFL have spent the whole season trying to justify that decision by citing players who ordinarily wouldnt have been cited.

This is different to the footballing authorities, this is the police. What has prompted them to investigate Aberdeen fans when as you say the heart of the problem lies with the Old firm.

Its bizarre

Maybe some of the Glasgow polis didn’t like the result on Tuesday 😱 don’t know what was being sung but they’ve surely heard worse week in week out at Celtic & Rangers games. I’m nae condoning singing sectarian crap but it’s never been an Aberdeen thing so don’t know why or who’s started it. Time to out the pricks who are doing it.    Stand free.

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Police Scotland looking into Hun boss being subjected to sectarian abuse on Tuesday night? Surely not? 

Apparently so. I genuinely never heard it as everyone around me was singing "Scouser" rather than "Orange". It's clear as day on the recording though. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

This is different to the footballing authorities, this is the police. What has prompted them to investigate Aberdeen fans when as you say the heart of the problem lies with the Old firm.

Its bizarre

It's pretty predictable, in my opinion. Still, i'd be happy for the cunts to get done, as long is there is consistency in the approach of the police and fiscal.