The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Mcginn smashing into McGregor was particularly pleasing 😂😂

I always think McGregor tries it on with guys he thinks he can bully/scare.

The fact Ferguson left one on him later on in that game at Pittodrie will likely mean he won't try anything with him again.

Fabulous result for the dons, great to see McInnes playing some you players too. Ferguson, McLennan and Campbell apparently looked like seasoned pro's. Campbell is only 17.

I think McLennan will be worth more to Aberdeen than McKenna is the next few years.

Rangers fans must be raging with Alfredo today, the guy is a liability. Throwing himself to the ground as much as possible when its easier to get the ball for your team.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fabulous result for the dons, great to see McInnes playing some you players too. Ferguson, McLennan and Campbell apparently looked like seasoned pro's. Campbell is only 17.

I think McLennan will be worth more to Aberdeen than McKenna is the next few years.

Rangers fans must be raging with Alfredo today, the guy is a liability. Throwing himself to the ground as much as possible when its easier to get the ball for your team.

Did anyone actually keep count of his diving, it was Drogba- esque in proportion! 😁

Personally I'd like to thank old pontoon eyes Dave King and Stevie Ge55ard and of course gullible huns everywhere for keeping us all so wonderfully entertained. Fabulous stuff! 😁

Edited by slasher

27 minutes ago, slasher said:

Did anyone actually keep count of his diving, it was Drogba- esque in proportion! 😁

Ironically he had several dives worse than the one he got booked for.

Wouldve been an incredibly soft penalty, but wasn’t a dive, more going down dramatically.

if someone has a clip of the considibe one, get it up.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Ironically he had several dives worse than the one he got booked for.

Wouldve been an incredibly soft penalty, but wasn’t a dive, more going down dramatically.

if someone has a clip of the considibe one, get it up.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The one late on where he tries to run in to considine then rolls about holding his face is utterly laughable.

Kyle lafferty was probably cringing!

Was that the only after Lewis saved a shot from him? That was cringeworthy as fuck. People touting this idiot for £20million are aff their head:lol:

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s next level cheating. Unclear in that clip but did the ref see it? Clear booking.

My mates trying to put it beside players calling for a dubious throw in or a corner. 

Yeah, it was in a spell of 5-10 minutes near the end where he blatantly dived 3 times. The referee saw every one of them but refused to send him off. 

Clancy's refereeing last night was utterly pathetic. I'd say 4 of our bookings were just blatantly wrong. Rangers quickly realised they were outmatched 11 vs 11 and very obviously tried to get our players booked at every opportunity. 

33 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s next level cheating. Unclear in that clip but did the ref see it? Clear booking.

My mates trying to put it beside players calling for a dubious throw in or a corner. 

The clip is woeful so can't really see if there was contact or not from it. 

The fact Morelos chose to run into the Aberdeen player rather than get the ball makes it a free kick to Aberdeen, does it not? 

If there wasn't any contact then he needs his hawmaws booted by Gerrard but I'm pretty sure that won't happen, as we need to keep him sweet to make the most cash from his sale. 

If this is how he's going to be playing now, we should punt him in the summer, without any doubt. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The fact Morelos chose to run into the Aberdeen player rather than get the ball makes it a free kick to Aberdeen, does it not? 

If there wasn't any contact then he needs his hawmaws booted by Gerrard but I'm pretty sure that won't happen, as we need to keep him sweet to make the most cash from his sale. 

If this is how he's going to be playing now, we should punt him in the summer, without any doubt. 

It looks like he chooses to run into the Aberdeen player and then holds his head as if he’s been stuck. 

Chielline (sp?) did something similar for Juventus last night, roles reversed but I’d have gave a penalty against him. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It looks like he chooses to run into the Aberdeen player and then holds his head as if he’s been stuck. 

Chielline (sp?) did something similar for Juventus last night, roles reversed but I’d have gave a penalty against him. 

It's basically just obstruction with a dramatic falling over. 

Even if there was contact its a Free kick to Aberdeen and a definite finger wagging for Morellos although the ref wouldn't have been out of order to book him. 

If there wasnt any actual contact then it's cheating and a definite booking. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Even if there was contact its a Free kick to Aberdeen and a definite finger wagging for Morellos although the ref wouldn't have been out of order to book him. 

From that clip Morelos uses his back to make slight contact to touch the Aberdeen defender then hits the deck holding his face haha. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The clip doesn’t do it justice!

He runs the opposite direction from the ball and backs into the Aberdeen player then rolls around holding his face, peaking out to see if the ref has noticed.

Its like an OAE sketch, except this was funny.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That's exactly what happened. The baw was bouncing in the opposite direction from which Morelos ran :lol: 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He'd already been booked for cheating and had dived a few more times since that. Clancy had no intention of dealing with Morelos properly last night and sending him off. Thankfully it didn't make a difference to the result.