The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

As are too many of the support

Yup. 

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you not have a supporters association or something that can speak up for the fans?

There was a "fans forum" on last Friday with about 9 selected fans representatives invited. 

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Whats that DNA thing?

A scheme where the club get money from fans they give you a free replica shirt and some loyalty points. 

That's it. 

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup. 

There was a "fans forum" on last Friday with about 9 selected fans representatives invited. 

A scheme where the club get money from fans they give you a free replica shirt and some loyalty points. 

That's it. 

Seriously, is that all it is? Sounds even worse than the SSC. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously, is that all it is? Sounds even worse than the SSC. 

Yup. Funds raised were supposed to be solely dedicated to the football budget. Yet we've got a weaker squad than last season and have meekly accepted Rangers finally getting above us. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Funds raised were supposed to be solely dedicated to the football budget. Yet we've got a weaker squad than last season and have meekly accepted Rangers finally getting above us. 

So how many have joined the DNA thing? 

26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So how many have joined the DNA thing? 

6500 ish

There are other 'benefits' on offer, such as reduced season tickets, discounts in the shop, first in the queue for tickets, stadium tours. That kind of thing.

I suspect most (like me) will have been paying their monthly subscription based on it going directly to the playing budget, not gimmicks. 

Its far from transparent, our player pool is weaker, the product is pants, and the club refuse to stick up for their support.

The next 2 games are colossal. 

Should our season end on Tuesday SM will have more than a banner and a couple of middle fingers to worry about..... 

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

6500 ish

There are other 'benefits' on offer, such as reduced season tickets, discounts in the shop, first in the queue for tickets, stadium tours. That kind of thing.

I suspect most (like me) will have been paying their monthly subscription based on it going directly to the playing budget, not gimmicks. 

Its far from transparent, our player pool is weaker, the product is pants, and the club refuse to stick up for their support.

Should our season end on Tuesday SM will have more than a banner and a couple of middle fingers to worry about..... 

That’s the important part, they always said the full benefit would t be able to be shown until a full years subscription is in. Fine if everyone paid the £250 up front or whatever it was, but it’s not. I’m £18 per month for both of us, I believe I’ve made most of that back on discount from the club shop and season tickets already. 

Is that not a bit like the shops giving the 5p bag charge to charity.

The cynic in me thinks the DNA money would be going to the playing budget instead of other money, rather than aswell...

I think this was discussed before and if like Dandydunn you can make use of the benefits, it doesn’t really matter where the money goes.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

6500 ish

Yeah. I've deliberately not taken the free strip on offer as i'd rather the cost of it stayed with the club. I'm not doing it for free stuff or gimmicks, they only detract from the whole reason i've signed up - to help the club. 

However, the contempt with which the club are treating the fans means i'll not be renewing my 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

That’s the important part, they always said the full benefit would t be able to be shown until a full years subscription is in. Fine if everyone paid the £250 up front or whatever it was, but it’s not. I’m £18 per month for both of us,

That's a nonsense argument from AFC. Players get paid monthly, they get direct debits monthly. We're committed to these DD's for the year. 

If the money is going to the playing squad, then there's no issue. 

58 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Is that not a bit like the shops giving the 5p bag charge to charity.

The cynic in me thinks the DNA money would be going to the playing budget instead of other money, rather than aswell...

Of course it will be and rightly so. However, they know if they were upfront then folk wouldn't subscribe. I seem to be in the minority that i accept our playing budget will reduce, while we fund the stadium project. I don't think it's realistic to think the club will spend £50 million on that and our playing budget won't reduce. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I seem to be in the minority that i accept our playing budget will reduce, while we fund the stadium project. I don't think it's realistic to think the club will spend £50 million on that and our playing budget won't reduce. 

That’s reasonable enough.

One way round it would be Stewart Milne lend the money for the new stadium and get it back when they sell Pittodrie.

Or just swap and build his houses on pittodrie when they move out.

I doubt it’s as simple as that and no idea if the Pittodrie land would touch the sides of £50million or if Stewart Milne is that rich.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s reasonable enough.

One way round it would be Stewart Milne lend the money for the new stadium and get it back when they sell Pittodrie.

Or just swap and build his houses on pittodrie when they move out.

I doubt it’s as simple as that and no idea if the Pittodrie land would touch the sides of £50million or if Stewart Milne is that rich.

:lol:

Last estimates i seen were that they expect to raise somewhere around £12 million from the sale of Pittodrie. 

The training complex is due to open this year and the funding for that is already in place. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. I've deliberately not taken the free strip on offer as i'd rather the cost of it stayed with the club. I'm not doing it for free stuff or gimmicks, they only detract from the whole reason i've signed up - to help the club. 

However, the contempt with which the club are treating the fans means i'll not be renewing my 

That's a nonsense argument from AFC. Players get paid monthly, they get direct debits monthly. We're committed to these DD's for the year. 

If the money is going to the playing squad, then there's no issue. 

Of course it will be and rightly so. However, they know if they were upfront then folk wouldn't subscribe. I seem to be in the minority that i accept our playing budget will reduce, while we fund the stadium project. I don't think it's realistic to think the club will spend £50 million on that and our playing budget won't reduce. 

Very honest replies guys. I agree with you that the discounts etc get folk to sign up but are counter productive in that it obviously reduces the amount going into the club. 

The first in the queue type benefits are more like the thing as they are real benefits but cost nothing to give. 

To be fair to the club they are probably still making the amount they originally aimed for. Just maybe not what they could make as a maximum. 

Just now, Toepoke said:

By the sounds of it in front of Liam McLeod...

😂

Its horrific listening to them commentating from a caravan in the car park.

Both sides should grow up and shake hands, wonder if it runs deeper with Traynor and the BBC? Did someone steal his lunch out the fridge when he worked there? Surely as their PR guy he should be trying to resolve this....

I feel watching an English 2nd tier game where they have a firmer Real Madrid goalkeeper with 3 European cups playing on sky sports isn’t really a suitable protest at the uneven distribution of wealth in football...