The New Scottish Cup Thread - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The fact that they are unwilling to use to the words bigotry or sectarian in their statement tells you exactly how much they want to eradicate it.

They have zero interest in doing so.

“Let’s go to Aberdeen determined to make sure that triumphs, like that wonderful 5-0 Scottish Cup replay win against Kilmarnock last week, are not downplayed because of negative headlines generated by unacceptable chants and songs.“

“Let’s not give anyone a chance to criticise this great club, your club.”

Confirmed as 972 tickets.

Bloody shambles.

Our allocation, arrived at following extensive discussions with Police Scotland, falls in line with what we have received for all SPFL league matches in recent seasons and adheres to the away supporters’ segregation protocol in place at Ibrox.

55 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Our allocation, arrived at following extensive discussions with Police Scotland, falls in line with what we have received for all SPFL league matches in recent seasons and adheres to the away supporters’ segregation protocol in place at Ibrox.

This isn’t an SPFL game and they gave Kilmarnock double that under identical circumstances less than a fortnight ago.

:lol:

Pathetic from Aberdeen accepting that.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

This isn’t an SPFL game and they gave Kilmarnock double that under identical circumstances less than a fortnight ago.

:lol:

Pathetic from Aberdeen accepting that.

If police have said its for security, then it’s as much their fault as anyone’s. 

I’ll be heavily backing any suggestions of moving the fence another section along and cutting the of allocation to <1000. 

Its only money, we survived 4 years without rangers, we’ll survive again. 

Aberdeen wouldn’t have sold many more than what they’ve been allocated, in fact they’ll be lucky to sell what they’ve got given lack of public transport available to and from the north east

The first train from Aberdeen to Central doesn’t get in until after the games kicked off, the last train from central to Aberdeen leaves just before kick off

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Edited by DoonTheSlope

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Are the ticket recepits for the cup games not split 50/50%?

Yes. (After costs and SFA take a slice too I think?)

He’s talking about further reducing Rangers away allocation for league games at pittodrie though, so not sure where you’re going with that?

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Aberdeen wouldn’t have sold many more than what they’ve been allocated, in fact they’ll be lucky to sell what they’ve got given lack of public transport available to and from the north east

The first train from Aberdeen to Central doesn’t get in until after the games kicked off, the last train from central to Aberdeen leaves before before kick off

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Agreed

In fact there's a real chance we may not even sell the 972 out

That'll have nothing to do with the points you raise though

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yes. (After costs and SFA take a slice too I think?)

He’s talking about further reducing Rangers away allocation for league games at pittodrie though, so not sure where you’re going with that?

Ah gotya. Not going anywhere with that tbf.

Seemingly the ticket sales are looking very healthy for the replay.

14 minutes ago, Redz said:

Agreed

It’ll sell out, we took nearly 2k for the replay at killie last year on a midweek night. 

It’s just another tit for tat from them, we all know the stadium is capable of holding more, they’re simply pandering to the seething morons from twitter. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

It’ll sell out, we took nearly 2k for the replay at killie last year on a midweek night. 

It’s just another tit for tat from them, we all know the stadium is capable of holding more, they’re simply pandering to the seething morons from twitter. 

Perhaps DD - Although I'm basing my view (concerns) on AFC's spineless approach to this, and much much more, recently

They are splitting (Fucking off) large sections of the support - This might be a tipping point IMO

Wiggy's apparent complacency across the board (given the plates he's currently spinning) is quite bizarre for me

Time will tell I suppose....

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Is there a tv blackout on the Aberdeen v Rangers replay because of champions league?

That is shocking. I looked on a site that lists where you can find games on any channel around the world and those two games are not even on the site. How the fuck can these utter wanks justify a total blackout of massive domestic games just for two dreadful games of shite that no doubt no one really gives a fuck about in Scotland. I never realized this was the CL rules. That is really disgusting. Amazing.

As said previously, Aberdeen FC officials are a fucking joke. They know the only way our fans can see this game is by attending, yet meekly accept 950 tickets for it. 

They can go fuck themselves from now on. I'll be much more choosy as to what extent I fund them going forward. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

That is shocking. I looked on a site that lists where you can find games on any channel around the world and those two games are not even on the site. How the fuck can these utter wanks justify a total blackout of massive domestic games just for two dreadful games of shite that no doubt no one really gives a fuck about in Scotland. I never realized this was the CL rules. That is really disgusting. Amazing.

Welcome to the world where domestic football means absoutely fuck all to the big wigs. 

Youll hate it. 

15 hours ago, Redz said:

Agreed

Its already sold out.

AFC have fucked up big time.