The New Scottish Cup Thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The New Scottish Cup Thread

Hearts went to sleep in the second half and were rightly punished.

Can you imagine the fights from the TV companies once the Jambos get parped, and it's a choice between the battle of the Thistles or the battle of the bigots for the lead semi?

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Can you imagine the fights from the TV companies once the Jambos get parped, and it's a choice between the battle of the Thistles or the battle of the bigots for the lead semi?

I think I'm right in saying that Premier Sports broadcast both semis and the BBC have one. Not sure how the BBC are allocated their tie - whether it's they choose a tie or Premier Sports choose what they want to be exclusive (and the BBC get the remaining tie).

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

And another potential Old Firm semi!

Am I right in saying that would be four years in a row, if Rangers get through?

4 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Yep, would surely be a record?

They've also met twice in the League Cup semis in the past 4 years.

The old sticky ball trick doesn't seem to be employed any more (saw on another site that between 1979 and 1991 they both made it to 19 semi finals in a row without being drawn together!).

Edited by Toepoke

5 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

I think I'm right in saying that Premier Sports broadcast both semis and the BBC have one. Not sure how the BBC are allocated their tie - whether it's they choose a tie or Premier Sports choose what they want to be exclusive (and the BBC get the remaining tie).

Going with premier sports was a bad idea and typical of the short term thinking from Scottish football.

Apparently its a nightmare to cancel Premier sports if you want to, probably worth it if your a PRO14 fan and want to watch Celtic and Rangers in the earlier rounds of Europe or in the Scottish cup. 

Yeah premier sports getan exclusive game and they also shown the other along with BBC. So Celtic v Aberdeen/Rangers will be Premier sports only.  Every Rangers v Celtic semi in the last 3 years has been the Sunday so I expect the same again.

Praying it's not as I get married on the Saturday and the ceremony would be happening while the 2nd half is on!! 🙈🙈

53 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Praying it's not as I get married on the Saturday and the ceremony would be happening while the 2nd half is on!! 🙈🙈

That's poor, poor planning!

My sister told her husband they weren't getting married any other time other than pre season and even then the new league cup format fucked it up!

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Going with premier sports was a bad idea and typical of the short term thinking from Scottish football.

Apparently its a nightmare to cancel Premier sports if you want to, probably worth it if your a PRO14 fan and want to watch Celtic and Rangers in the earlier rounds of Europe or in the Scottish cup. 

On the plus side, at least Premier Sports now has La Liga and Serie A fixtures. Previously if you took out a short term subscription with them with the view to cancel the only other stuff they had on offer was Motocross and such shite.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Yep, would surely be a record?

They've also met twice in the League Cup semis in the past 4 years.

The old sticky ball trick doesn't seem to be employed any more (saw on another site that between 1979 and 1991 they both made it to 19 semi finals in a row without being drawn together!).

I think your logic might be flawed here?

There should be more chance of the Old Firm being kept apart than being draw together. The fact that they are being drawn against each other regularly might indicate a higher likelihood that some pochaling is going on now than in the past? 

Or, it might just be that because they are now coming up with the result that you would like to see, you have decided that they have stopped cheating?;)

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

On the plus side, at least Premier Sports now has La Liga and Serie A fixtures. Previously if you took out a short term subscription with them with the view to cancel the only other stuff they had on offer was Motocross and such shite.

fair enough if you are into watching loads of football. As I get older I only really care about Aberdeen, Scotland and Fraserburgh results. 

I don't have the time nowadays to watch loads of football.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's poor, poor planning!

My sister told her husband they weren't getting married any other time other than pre season and even then the new league cup format fucked it up!

We had booked it up over a year and a half a ago before the dates for this season were known. I would never have thought this was even a possibility!

Hoping somehow we are on the Sunday but extremely doubt it. I will be hoping for a big cheer during our vows when Caley score! Will have to work out some signals from people on how the game is going!

Someone on the Caley message board said they emailed to ask when dates and times would be known and the reply they got was after the replays were done. Surely they could sort it out earlier than that. No matter who wins the Rangers v Aberdeen replay Premier Sports will be showing that game as their exclusive game with ICT v Herats/Partick the BBC/Premier Sports game. Would the kick off time be different if it is Rangers or Aberdeen that win, doubt it.

7 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Someone on the Caley message board said they emailed to ask when dates and times would be known and the reply they got was after the replays were done. Surely they could sort it out earlier than that. No matter who wins the Rangers v Aberdeen replay Premier Sports will be showing that game as their exclusive game with ICT v Herats/Partick the BBC/Premier Sports game. Would the kick off time be different if it is Rangers or Aberdeen that win, doubt it.

Surely they won’t make it 1215 on a Sunday in Glasgow if it’s aberdeen....

Actually, I doubt they give a shit.

:lol:

I could see Celtic as the Saturday game and ICT Sunday mid afternoon.

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Surely they won’t make it 1215 on a Sunday in Glasgow if it’s aberdeen....

Actually, I doubt they give a shit.

:lol:

I could see Celtic as the Saturday game and ICT Sunday mid afternoon.

Not a chance of a Celtic/Rangers game on a Saturday...when was the last one? Policing is bad enough on a Sunday with folk working on Monday, imagine policing when punters are on the piss all day Saturday with Sunday to recover.

22 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Not a chance of a Celtic/Rangers game on a Saturday...when was the last one? Policing is bad enough on a Sunday with folk working on Monday, imagine policing when punters are on the piss all day Saturday with Sunday to recover.

When was the last one? There's been plenty.

For example, the last one......