March 2019 squads - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2019 squads

PASTA Mick

The first squads are being announced today -

Under 21s

#SCO21s Head Coach Scot Gemmill has named his squad to face Mexico and Sweden in International Friendlies in Spain later this month.

πŸ“… Mexico – Friday, 22 March, Dama de Noche
πŸ“… Sweden – Monday, 25 March, Marbella Football Centre

D0zzuUjWsAARgM4.jpg:large

Under 19s

The #SCO19s squad for our Elite Round stage of European qualifying has also been named.

D0z2UqgXcAErlqf.jpg:large

UEFA Elite Round
Scotland v Turkey
Wednesday, 20 March, kick-off 2pm
Dr Machado de Matos, Portugal

UEFA Elite Round
Scotland v Cyprus
Saturday, 23 March, kick-off 3pm
Estadio do Rio Ave, Portugal

UEFA Elite Round
Scotland v Portugal
Tuesday, 26 March, kick-off 4.15pm
Estadio do Bessa XXI, Portugal

19 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

The u19s would give the u21s a good game.Β 

I know there actually seems like more talent in the u19s but then I've thought that before and by the time they get to 21s they all filter away. This 19s side have been together a good while now though and stuck together. I remember aitchison rudden and Middleton at u17s and doing well be interesting to see how far they go. A lot of performance school boys in there too

56 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

they would beat them. that u21 squad is brutal. why is ethan hamilton not getting a call up?Β 

I wonder whether the likes of Hamilton and Harry Souttar haven't been included because their club sides will have games.Β 

I know there are other players from clubs that will have games (QotS for example) but it might be viewed better for the players to keep playing at a fairly decent level.Β Β 

50 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I wonder whether the likes of Hamilton and Harry Souttar haven't been included because their club sides will have games.Β 

I know there are other players from clubs that will have games (QotS for example) but it might be viewed better for the players to keep playing at a fairly decent level.Β Β 

I'd assume it's this

3 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

they would beat them. that u21 squad is brutal. why is ethan hamilton not getting a call up?Β 

Both squads look strong imo. Plenty of talent in the u21s with guys like Johnston, mccrorie, Hornby, Ferguson etc. Hopefully a few of them become world beaters to add to our already promising young team.

Interested to see how George Johnston progresses. There's an article on him on the LFC website:Β https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/339868-neil-critchley-liverpool-u23s-everton-anfieldΒ which also mentions Tony Gallacher. I'd not seen him in the line up for a while and wondered what happened. If he plays then that makes 3 Scots in the U23 Merseyside derby.

As others have said, there is a lot of talent in those 2 squads. Hope we can at least get a decent right back out of it! The Record was talking up Jordan Houston. What's he like?

Β 

21 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

For the first time that i can ever recall Ayr Utd have had to get a game postponed due to having 3 players in the u21 squad.Β  Morton also had McCrorie called up too albeit he isn't listed as a Morton player on the squad list for some reason.Β  Β I watched the Morton v Ayr game (0-0) a few weeks ago and both keepers looked impressive.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think some of the u19s would be with the u21s if they were playing competitive games.Β 

There is a potentially great starting eleven if you take the best from each squad.Β 

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β McCrorie

Houston.Β  McCrorie.Β  Β Johnston.Β  Church

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Ferguson.Β  Gilmour

Johnston.Β  Β  Β  Β Henderson.Β  Β  Β  Middleton

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Hornby

21 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

What's happened to Middleton at Rangers? He was a regular starter for most of the first half of the season - mainly while Kent was out - and he looked really promising. But now he isn't even in matchday squads?

I think it's mainly just Kent being fit again and the signings of Defoe and Davis meaning less places on the bench

5 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

What's happened to Middleton at Rangers? He was a regular starter for most of the first half of the season - mainly while Kent was out - and he looked really promising. But now he isn't even in matchday squads?

He’s in basically every matchdayΒ squadΒ 

Edited by ProudScot

On 3/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Harry Souttar aged 20 playing every week, and apparently very well, Β at Fleetwood Town (on loan from Stoke) . Surely playing at higher level than many in this U21 squad?

Called up to the Australia Olympic squad.Β