March 2019 squads - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2019 squads

PASTA Mick

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Is McKenna out? If so Souttar likely to play before Findlay

Seems likely:

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes doubts defender Scott McKenna will be fit for Scotland’s game with Kazakhstan on Thursday.

McKenna played through a thigh injury in the 1-1 draw with Livingston, and the Dons boss has spoken to national team coach Alex McLeish about his involvement.

McInnes said: “If he does travel I’m not sure he will be fit for the first game.

We’ve got to be sensible – the game might just come too quick. You take into account a few things: the tightness of the thigh, the travelling and the AstroTurf pitch.

“I’m not a medical expert so I wouldn’t want to rule him out, but having spoken to the physios they would have a concern with him being fit. I think he would be fit for Sunday but it would be touch-and-go for Thursday,” he said.

“There’s a few factors going against him, such as the type of injury it is. He’s up against it.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47551253?fbclid=IwAR2pwTzxezJlFAHQlzw3l2mi3QwtAHZqp4RedlGo0U1EyMd2n65-tW6pI1E

On 3/4/2019 at 12:44 PM, PASTA Mick said:

The first squads are being announced today -

Under 21s

#SCO21s Head Coach Scot Gemmill has named his squad to face Mexico and Sweden in International Friendlies in Spain later this month.

📅 Mexico – Friday, 22 March, Dama de Noche
📅 Sweden – Monday, 25 March, Marbella Football Centre

D0zzuUjWsAARgM4.jpg:large

Did anyone watch the Mexico match ?

Ended 0-0 with us missing a last minute penalty.

Anyone stand out ?

Scotland U21s: Doohan, Brandon, Harvie, G. Johnston, Maguire, Ross McCrorie, Campbell, Turnbull (Holsgrove 58), McAllister (M. Johnston 50), Hastie (Miller 77), Hornby (House 77).

Daily Record are reporting that McAllister played but there was no McAllister in the squad list. Also a surprise there was no Ferguson.

39 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Scotland U21s: Doohan, Brandon, Harvie, G. Johnston, Maguire, Ross McCrorie, Campbell, Turnbull (Holsgrove 58), McAllister (M. Johnston 50), Hastie (Miller 77), Hornby (House 77).

Daily Record are reporting that McAllister played but there was no McAllister in the squad list. Also a surprise there was no Ferguson.

McAllister (Derby) was a late call-up. Replaced an Aberdeen player I think. 

On 3/22/2019 at 11:31 PM, PASTA Mick said:

McAllister (Derby) was a late call-up. Replaced an Aberdeen player I think. 

McAllister is a Derby player, but he’s been on loan at St. Mirren since January and he earned his late call up off the back of his performances for St. Mirren.