March 2019 squads - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2019 squads

PASTA Mick

I remember years back Paul Scholes pulling out of an England squad and then playing for Man. United that weekend.

Dosen't suggest the greatest form of communication tbh unless it's something like Fletcher will have small op on this injury during international break.

Given the forward selection he should of course be in there.

I would assume Fletcher has probably asked not to be called up until had a chance to assess situation with his injury, rather than risk agrivating it with 6/7 hours each way on a flight to Kazakhstan to play on a plastic pitch.

Not seen anything to think this is not the same as the Fraser and Patterson situation and this is just a case of being over cautious from the player/club.

Edited by wanderer

11 hours ago, Chripper said:

This is getting ridiculous.

It's getting to look like a circus the more that time passes.

Are we now getting players crying off certain games, just incase they get injured? I might call in sick tomorrow just incase I have an accident.

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Disappointing if Fletcher has asked to be left out, realise his club pays his wages but this is the first game of a qualifier. 

I suspect its more to do with if you are carrying a injury, you do not want it flaring up over there (I do not think a lot of people are actually taking in just how far Astana is from Scotland) and being stuck with a injury in a back water former Soviet Republic with the thought of a 7/8 hour flight to get home again.

I have my doubts that its simply anything more than that, but could have been handled a lot better from McLeish yesterday. 

Just now, wanderer said:

I suspect its more to do with if you are carrying a injury, you do not want it flaring up over there (I do not think a lot of people are actually taking in just how far Astana is from Scotland) and being stuck with a injury in a back water former Soviet Republic with the thought of a 7/8 hour flight to get home again.

I have my doubts that its simply anything more than that, but could have been handled a lot better from McLeish yesterday. 

Doesn’t help that he’s still playing for his club.

Be good if McLeish could clarify the situation with Snodgrass as well. 

Just hope this doesn't resemble the Matt Ritchie situation before our Slovakia/Slovenia double header when his reason for pulling out the squad was " precautionary" !!!

Ritchie then of course played for his club team on the next available opportunity 😠

I still seethe about Ritchie as he could easily have been the difference in getting us to the play offs.

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Doesn’t help that he’s still playing for his club.

Be good if McLeish could clarify the situation with Snodgrass as well. 

That certainly did not help.

Faddy is suppose to have cleared it up on BBC highlights last night that he is going in for treatment during the international break, but could have been all sorted by McLeish yesterday.

McFadden hasnt really clarified anything, just added circumstancial opinion in my view, I heard treatment mentioned above and that is legit but Faddy didn't mention it. This is not being handled well at all. Yet again we are talking about something else and not having an incident free buildup to some huge games. Is he joining up for the 2nd game? Nope, he is not in the squad. I could accept that at the time of call ups he was a doubt and needed an assessment by his club, but again this is not what Faddy said. I think I've of the opinion Steven Fletcher should not play for us again unless in the next 12 hours he clarifies this himself with truth.

Edited by romanticscot

3 hours ago, marinello said:

Just hope this doesn't resemble the Matt Ritchie situation before our Slovakia/Slovenia double header when his reason for pulling out the squad was " precautionary" !!!

Ritchie then of course played for his club team on the next available opportunity 😠

I still seethe about Ritchie as he could easily have been the difference in getting us to the play offs.

Well he hasn't been called up much since despite remaining a premier league regular. At least Eck seems to me weeding out the players he percieves are not 100% committed to Scotland even if they play at good standards of football.

32 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

McFadden hasnt really clarified anything, just added circumstancial opinion in my view, I heard treatment mentioned above and that is legit but Faddy didn't mention it. This is not being handled well at all. Yet again we are talking about something else and not having an incident free buildup to some huge games. Is he joining up for the 2nd game? Nope, he is not in the squad. I could accept that at the time of call ups he was a doubt and needed an assessment by his club, but again this is not what Faddy said. I think I've of the opinion Steven Fletcher should not play for us again unless in the next 12 hours he clarifies this himself with truth.

Looks like it’s an agreement between McLeish and the clubs, but could have been handled better and explained that Fletcher will be getting treatment during the international break, and unlike Fraser and Patterson he is excused for both games rather than just Kazakhstan (as these players are not carrying injuries, just their clubs do not want the risk taken.... I also suspect the location/travel factor is a big say in this also.... if we were playing Latvia or Estonia and then San Marino, I do not think we would have seen anything like this).

Not ideal, but if it means Fletcher, Fraser and Patterson are fit for the big game in Belgium in June, it’s a small sacrifice for these two games (as said before, I feel there is still enough quality in the squad that we will be ok over these two games).