March 2019 squads - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2019 squads

PASTA Mick

59 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's a done anything since he left Killie? Seems like a bizarre call-up to me.  

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hope it's just in the P&J. 

Insanity to bring along a 29 year old to make up the numbers, Shankland would be a 10 times better choice 

Mail on Sunday the origins of the story, and BBC seemed to have picked it up. If it was based on his form with Killie I would actually have no issue with it, but he has not recreated that form with Aberdeen yet.

Stuart Findlay would be very unlucky to miss out, outstanding again last night.

21 hours ago, wanderer said:

Seems to be a lot of talk that Greg Stewart will be in the squad today.

Fucking bonkers. Couldn't get near a squad when he was on fire with us, playing like carthorse at Aberdeen and called up!

53 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stuart Findlay would be very unlucky to miss out, outstanding again last night.

Fucking bonkers. Couldn't get near a squad when he was on fire with us, playing like carthorse at Aberdeen and called up!

I’ve been touting Findlay all season and fully agree he should be in or around the squad. No nonsense and a bit like Bates, even in the hair department. 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Liam Palmer to get his first call up today and Oli Burke recalled according to all the press this morning.

Standard calling up an uncapped late 20s player when he’s no better now than he was when he was 18-19. Atleast he’s a right back I guess.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Standard calling up an uncapped late 20s player when he’s no better now than he was when he was 18-19. Atleast he’s a right back I guess.

According to reports we are losing Patterson and Fraser for the Kazakhstan match due to the plastic pitch, so I do not think he will be the only right sided player in the team.

Is Lewis Morgan not eligible for the under 21s any more? I know he's 22, but he was 21 at the start of the season. Can't remember when the cut off date is for internationals. Could be in the senior squad instead? We don't have a lot of wide men doing well right now to back up Forrest and Fraser.

It looks like it is a pretty big squad.  It looks like he is expecting some players to pull out of the squad.

I really don't agree with calling up players from League 1.  McLaughlin and Morgan should not be included.

It does look like a squad that is low on quality 😖