Athletics 2019 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Athletics 2019

Hertsscot

European Indoors.  Absolutely astonishing run from Laura Muir last night in the 3000m.  Had run a hard 1500m qualifier a few hours earlier, tracked the German runner and then produced an incredible last 200m where she lapped half the field.  Always comes across very well in interviews as well. 

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

European Indoors.  Absolutely astonishing run from Laura Muir last night in the 3000m.  Had run a hard 1500m qualifier a few hours earlier, tracked the German runner and then produced an incredible last 200m where she lapped half the field.  Always comes across very well in interviews as well. 

the best bit was just before her kick Cram or whoever was commentating said something like " Don't underestimate Klosterhalfen's speed" then Muir put the afterburners on.

She ran a Golden league meet a few years ago in the lead from start to finish which was impressive as hell.

1 hour ago, phart said:

the best bit was just before her kick Cram or whoever was commentating said something like " Don't underestimate Klosterhalfen's speed" then Muir put the afterburners on.

She ran a Golden league meet a few years ago in the lead from start to finish which was impressive as hell.

I remember seeing that Golden League victory. and that was impressive as well.  Last night though I thought she got the tactics spot on and I have not seen a Scots athlete run as imperiously as that since Liz McColgan in her heyday.

Enjoying this so far. Muir was outstanding, and good stuff from O'Hare. Loving the Ingerbrigtsons, the oldest brother seems a bit crazy, but in a good way. 

The screen graphics, however, are embarrassing - take every cultural stereotype - the Krankies, a See you Jimmy hat, haggis etc, and bind them together with the Eurotrash music. Who thought this would be a good idea.