Broome Australia - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broome Australia

wheres the pies

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, wheres the pies said:

Off to Broome for 21 nights in March anyone been looking for some advice done the east coast a few times in the past first time in the western side of Australia weather looking hot 36+ 

stayed in backpackers for a month back in 94 ( during wc final )

really small place ; altho i believe been developed a lot since

amazing beach ; but very isolated from everything else / i got a lift from kununurra -1000km to the east ; only 2 small settlements in between ; more life to the west tho i think ( just )

place i stayed was roebuck in the “centre” we caught the hostel mini bus to cable beach each day

tbh only stayed as long as met up with decent set of blokes ; otherwise week or two and id of been on towards Perth

Stayed in a Airbnb on Walcott st just up from the backpackers place was really quiet in March just coming out of the wet season but they had a really dry wet season this year and the heat some days the feel like temperature was 51+ as the humidity was really high drank in the Roebuck hotel sort of rough and ready outback Aussie pub and also divers tavern on cable beach the RSL club was not up to much again very quiet a few croc sightings on town beach as well as cable beach done the Malcom Douglas croc sanctuary some big fuckers in there a few 5 meter  crocs seen the stair case to the moon at town beach it’s something special when there’s no cloud all in all a good time was had not cheap there and there some amount of Scots up that neck of the woods a lot of them fly up from Perth to work on the gas rigs and a few of them stay there also to add there’s a very big problem with the indigenous folks with the bevy a lot of them come from the outback to Broome for the grog as they call it lot of homelessness with these folks you see them sleeping in the parks bushes that sort of thing but they don’t really bother you apart from asking you for a few fag or a few dollars