Turn drawing into computer image - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turn drawing into computer image

Just wondering if anyone can help with this.

I run a youth football club and we are purchasing new kits. We have run a small competition for the kids to design a new club badge. The kit manufacturers can't accept a drawing and need a computer image to put it on the kits.

Does anyone know how to turn a drawing into a computer image or know anyone that would be able to do this for us?

Thanks,

Iain  

Scan it in to your computer (a lot of printers these days also have a scan facility) and give them the resulting scan.  Might be in PDF format but easy to change that to a jpeg or whatever if they can't work with a PDF.

You could also just take a photo of it.  That would give you a jpeg file.

ETA:  You do need to make sure your image file has a high enough resolution.  I had a problem with trying to get a sponsor's logo onto strips because the only image file they had was about 100kb and that doesn't give you a high enough resolution to allow the image to be enlarged without it looking pixellated.  you usually get that problem if you try to use an image lifted from a Facebook post as they are usually heavily downsized and can't be upsized again without losing clarity.  Have that problem with photos for newspaper report where they like them to be at least 1MB.

Edited by Alibi

Or scan it, get a vector graphics application (CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator) to trace it.

This will give you a scalable vector image which will give you a lot more flexibility than a bitmap - which is going to pixellate as soon as you start resizing. Plus you won't have all the interpolation issues (coloured borders around image) when trying to use it on anything but white background.

Note: The description of this method is slightly easier than doing it, if not having done it before.

As others have said scanning is the obvious route and I'd do it by scanning , myself, but youngsters these days, are they not as likely to be as adept  at graphics software,. as hand drawing? Wouldn't they  be able to design the  new club badge using a standard graphic package?  Then you wouldn't even need a scanner!