Rodgers away - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rodgers away

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

According to the story I've heard on a couple of news reports he's on £7m a year now and is getting £200m to spend in the summer. These are figures Celtic can only dream of. 

If he has had an argument with Lawell about funds these are the types of figures that would turn his head. 

I can see how it would’ve been difficult to keep it quiet if he’d agreed to go to Leicester in summer and stayed to finish the job.

So maybe he had to go? I can definitely see that angle. Although I suspect he looked out for himself and didn’t give a shit.

:lol:

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I can see how it would’ve been difficult to keep it quiet if he’d agreed to go to Leicester in summer and stayed to finish the job.

So maybe he had to go? I can definitely see that angle. Although I suspect he looked out for himself and didn’t give a shit.

:lol:

Some of the stuff trickling out is now making it clear that most of the support including myself got this wrong.

Rodgers is a rat bastard who will never be welcome back inside Celtic Park. 🐀

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

If some cunt tripled my salary I’d go regardless. Not sure why there’s such surprise. Cash is the king.

Next will be KT. His salary will go up probably around 5 times when an EPL team sign him in the summer for £30m.

It's not surprise. It's anger at the timing and the fact that the cunt has been trying to wriggle his way out of the club since last summer!

9 hours ago, slasher said:

It's not surprise. It's anger at the timing and the fact that the cunt has been trying to wriggle his way out of the club since last summer!

And again if I was told I had to go now I’d go. Now nobody knows if this was indeed the he case but if it was I don’t blame him. Maybe I’m a snake too. 😂

35 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And again if I was told I had to go now I’d go. Now nobody knows if this was indeed the he case but if it was I don’t blame him. Maybe I’m a snake too. 😂

I am sure the Times had a story the day after he left saying that Leicester were willing to wait until the summer. How true that is I have no idea.

I agree the salary he will be getting now and the money he seems to have been promised to spend would make it very hard for anyone to turn down.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Cunts a multi millionaire, he has managed two clubs that are miles bigger than Leicester and has more money than he'll ever need.

If I were a Celtic fan like he said he was and I had a chance to make history like he would then money would not be the be all and end all.

That said, I've always disliked him. There's a multitude of things that unlikable about him, his son and his family.

Mind the cunt too his son on trial pre season?! Guys a zoomer.

Winning leagues up here means absolutely fuck all to anyone bar the huns and the tims...Brendan, has won 7 titles out of 7, and nobody cares other than the huns and tims.

On the loyalty thing, Celtic fans are just surprised that they actually are a really wee fish in world fitba. The diddy clubs in Scotland have had to put up with this type of behaviour from players and managers since the day dot...and 9 times out of 10, its the huns or the tims that the offending player/manager wants to go to. So its fantastic to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth, as well as the bedsheets scrawled with anti-Brendan abuse at Tynie, and the fans making a cunt of themselves with even more ridiculous songs than normal.

On the 'aye but he said hes a sellick fan' patter...two things, 1)folk in fitba talk pure and utter shite when addressing fans, ya gullible fannies...2) Brendan is a cafflick from Ireland, of course he probably has always had a soft spot for the tims, but thats different from being an out-and-out supporter...I've always had a soft-spot for Liverpool, but if they don't win the league this season, I will lose not a single wink of sleep.

Selic fans in general, are fucking numpties.

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Winning leagues up here means absolutely fuck all to anyone bar the huns and the tims...Brendan, has won 7 titles out of 7, and nobody cares other than the huns and tims.

On the loyalty thing, Celtic fans are just surprised that they actually are a really wee fish in world fitba. The diddy clubs in Scotland have had to put up with this type of behaviour from players and managers since the day dot...and 9 times out of 10, its the huns or the tims that the offending player/manager wants to go to. So its fantastic to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth, as well as the bedsheets scrawled with anti-Brendan abuse at Tynie, and the fans making a cunt of themselves with even more ridiculous songs than normal.

On the 'aye but he said hes a sellick fan' patter...two things, 1)folk in fitba talk pure and utter shite when addressing fans, ya gullible fannies...2) Brendan is a cafflick from Ireland, of course he probably has always had a soft spot for the tims, but thats different from being an out-and-out supporter...I've always had a soft-spot for Liverpool, but if they don't win the league this season, I will lose not a single wink of sleep.

Selic fans in general, are fucking numpties.

It wasn't a bedsheet, and there wasn't any abuse on it but 0/2 isn't bad for a halfwit I suppose

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I see a Celtic fan has urged Paul Ferris to go down a ‘pay Brendan Rodgers a visit’  😂😂  Along with that meeting with Tommy Two names Robinson, Ferris’s diary is fairly filling up

🗡💣 👍

Aye but to be fair to Rod, he has a new album to promote, I doubt he really wants Ferris to visit Rodgers

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cunts a multi millionaire, he has managed two clubs that are miles bigger than Leicester and has more money than he'll ever need.

If I were a Celtic fan like he said he was and I had a chance to make history like he would then money would not be the be all and end all.

That said, I've always disliked him. There's a multitude of things that unlikable about him, his son and his family.

Mind the cunt too his son on trial pre season?! Guys a zoomer.

You can never have enough money. 

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Should Rodgers expect a "flying shite in a Lidl bag" coming his way if Celtic draw Leicester in the Europa League in the next couple of years ?

They'll no make it next year, and there's every chance he'll not even be there to start the 20/21 season.

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

If Rodgers had achieved the triple treble I think that would have meant he would have won every domestic trophy possible during his reign.

I think he should have gone for that and then left. He might have been disappointing in Europe but that would still have been quite a record on his CV. It is all a bit desperate the way he fucked off at a sprint at the first mediocre opportunity. I reckon better offers would have come by waiting six months but hey ho.

he won every domestic trophy possible during his reign

54 minutes ago, XB52 said:

he won every domestic trophy possible during his reign

Well of course, he did not lose a trophy by leaving early but it just leaves an unfinished feeling. He should have squared that circle and with that under his belt... I think he could have parlayed that into a much better opportunity. 

No cunt has ever done that (won everything domestically) but I guess the money is so big it just turns heads. Hence the sprint...

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think he could have parlayed that into a much better opportunity. 

Agreed, and i think even for those who say he is bettering himself, or say that money will always win out, I 'd still say  that what he could have had at Celtic could have been better in the long run. Suppose he messes up at Leicester, he could be out on his ear and the magic money tree deserted him forever. Whereas a club legend could have a comfortable job for life, as some sort of eternal ambassador. etc etc. OK he may not have been ready for that just yet but could go back to it when his management career petered out later.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's generally folk with an empty life that say that, so I can see why you'd be of that opinion Victor Meldrew.

Nothing like a generalisation is there? This board is the place for them and you didn’t let me down as one of the best in the business at it. 👍

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

No cunt has ever done that (won everything domestically) but I guess the money is so big it just turns heads. Hence the sprint...

Well except Rodgers 😊😊