Rodgers away - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rodgers away

Right, who do we think he'll try and take from Celtic for Leicester ?

Kieran Tierney, Tom Rogic, Ryan Christie, Odsonne Ɖdouard, James Forrest,Ā Callum McGregor,Ā Kristoffer Ajer ?????

Anyone also think he might take a chance on signingĀ Alfredo Morelos from Rangers ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Mate I'm full of gear and showing my support for militant republicanism through song right now. I don't have time for this nonsense. We'll agree to disagree

Go back to Kilmarnock and tell them you won a debate with some arsehole on the internet. You'll be elevated to Marvin and Bullet hero status.

šŸ˜‚

Fair enough. This way we both get what we want.

43 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Kieran Tierney, Tom Rogic, Ryan Christie, Odsonne Ɖdouard, James Forrest,Ā Callum McGregor,Ā Kristoffer Ajer ?????

Anyone also think he might take a chance on signingĀ Alfredo Morelos from Rangers ?

He'll take Christian Gamboa, Youssouf Mulumbu, Jack Hendry and Johnny Hayes before any of the above.

Edited by Barney Rubble

On the matter of loyalty, I don't think anyone is expecting a manager to have the same diehard exclusive unconditional forevermore loyalty of the fans.

But as an employee you might consider you are letting down your bosses, and your team, that you were nurturing, inspiring, going on a journey with then you just up sticks and in effect say none of that, none of you mattered to me.Ā 

I mean, Leicester.Ā Itā€™s not quite the same as Ferguson going to Manchester United or even Sourness going to Liverpool.Ā 

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

What a game!!Ā 

A huge win. Said it before the game but has the potential to set the tone for the rest of the season.

Thought we were awful tbh but (wanky phrase time) that's the mark of champions, playing shite and winning, especially at that fucking bigot hole. Arguably our hardest away trip of the season.

Edouard must start on Saturday. I'd probably throw Weah in too.

18 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's already got an England squad left back in Chilwell so I can't see him moving for Tierney.

Big Tom is made of chocolate so doubt he will go for him. He's also got a cracking "10" in Maddison.

Christie - no.

Edouard - he's supposedly targetting Wilson from Bournemouth. For Ā£40m.

McGregor might interest him.

Don't think he would go for Forrest.

He is also supposedly wanting to start Benkovic at CB next season.

2 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He's already got an England squad left back in Chilwell so I can't see him moving for Tierney.

Big Tom is made of chocolate so doubt he will go for him. He's also got a cracking "10" in Maddison.

Christie - no.

Chilwell is reportedly going to Man City for Ā£50M.

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Christie - no.

40 mill for Wilson haha what a game we have now

41 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

I'm no fan of Celtic, but he's an utter snake who's pissed over a club he claims to love.

I thought fans of most other clubs knew he was a 2 faced lieingĀ snaky bastard that would feed all sorts of shite to the pressĀ who would unquestioningly accept and print it.

To be fair even I believed he was a Celtic fan though.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Ā 

I still believe he is, no denying that...Celtic will get 10 in a row. I don't get why he'd walk away from being in charge of them when he could write himself as a legend in their books...For fucking Leicester City.

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

As funny as it is to see the Tims spewing over this...I always thought Brendan Rodgers was a fairly decent and level headed guy.

šŸ˜³Iā€™m amazed anyone had him pegged as a good bloke, every single time Iā€™ve seen the guy he has come across as nothing less thanĀ a complete wank

38 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought fans of most other clubs knew he was a 2 faced lieingĀ snaky bastard that would feed all sorts of shite to the pressĀ who would unquestioningly accept and print it.

Ā 

I thought he was a wank when I watched that documentary about Liverpool, but amazingly that changed when he won my club a double trebleĀ šŸ˜„

Back to being a wank forever more now mind you. Being fickle is the right of the football fan.

25 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

šŸ˜³Iā€™m amazed anyone had him pegged as a good bloke, every single time Iā€™ve seen the guy he has come across as nothing less thanĀ a complete wank

When he said he was brought up a Celtic fan and it was his dream job...It worried me a lot as I expected his to be there for that.

Leicester City aren't bigger than Celtic.

Edited by derekfaejapan

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

I'm no fan of Celtic, but he's an utter snake who's pissed over a club he claims to love.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Leicester City aren't bigger than Celtic.

I think the nub of the matter is that his manner of leaving makes it look as if he thinks Leicester are a bigger catch, and/or that he cares not a jot for Celtic.Ā 

If he'd just waited till end of the season he could have claimed/pretended he had achieved a lifetime's ambition at Celtic, and people would understand if he then walked away for a 'new challenge' at pastures new.Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, exile said:

Ā 

I think the nub of the matter is that his manner of leaving makes it look as if he thinks Leicester are a bigger catch, and/or that he cares not a jot for Celtic.Ā 

If he'd just waited till end of the season he could have claimed/pretended he had achieved a lifetime's ambition at Celtic, and people would understand if he then walked away for a 'new challenge' at pastures new.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, but heā€™s a self serving prick.

:lol:

If Rodgers had achieved the triple treble I think that would have meant he would have won every domestic trophy possible during his reign.

I think he should have gone for that and then left. He might have been disappointing in Europe but that would still have been quite a record on his CV.Ā It is all a bit desperate the way he fucked off at a sprint at the first mediocre opportunity. I reckon better offers would have come by waiting six months but hey ho.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

If Rodgers had achieved the triple treble I think that would have meant he would have won every domestic trophy possible during his reign.

I think he should have gone for that and then left. He might have been disappointing in Europe but that would still have been quite a record on his CV.Ā It is all a bit desperate the way he fucked off at a sprint at the first mediocre opportunity. I reckon better offers would have come by waiting six months but hey ho.

Definitely.

I donā€™t think anybody expected him still to be here in August.

He couldā€™ve left after the Scottish cup final with the majority of Celtic fans blessing Iā€™m sure.

Thereā€™s another EPL vacancy today, admittedly theyā€™re gone, but would Chelsea have been a shout? He has a connection there... not sure any top side would recruit direct from Scotland, so perhaps a Newcastle/Leicester/Southampton was the best he would get as a stepping stone to a Chelsea. (Who admittedly seem to like foreign...)

Where else can he go?

man Utd and Everton ruled out due to Liverpool connection, heā€™s already been to Liverpool, Man City I cant see....

According to the story I've heard on a couple of news reports he's on Ā£7m a year now and is getting Ā£200m to spend in the summer. These are figures Celtic can only dream of.Ā 

If he has had an argument with Lawell about funds these are the types of figures that would turn his head.Ā