Rodgers away - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rodgers away

Im not a Celtic fan but i would like to thank him for bring on a guid few Scottish guys 

Maybe take a few top the EPL with him.....

But it annoys me that Leicester, are seen as a bigger catch than the Scottish Champions.... 

IMO Leicester are not even around the same level as Hibs.... 

For him to leave when he was on the brink of immortality tells you something was hugely wrong. Blame lies squarely with the Board. Onwards and upwards though. I’d take Lennon back in a second and if his first game is Wednesday prepare for trouble at Tynecastle...

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

For him to leave when he was on the brink of immortality tells you something was hugely wrong. Blame lies squarely with the Board. Onwards and upwards though. I’d take Lennon back in a second and if his first game is Wednesday prepare for trouble at Tynecastle...

Back to talking about his off field antics every second week. Must be a massive distraction for the players

4 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

When Steve Clarke is enevitably linked to the Celtic job his credibility will go right out the window if he doesn't distance himself from it. You can't be so offended by sectarianism then join Celtic. 

Would be an interesting turn of events.

If I was in charge at parkhead, I’d sign him up just for the seethe from the huns.

:lol:

If he’d take the job, he’s the outstanding candidate in my eyes. After his comments at ibrox about the west of Scotland, it would seem unlikely he’d want the baggage that comes with job...

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If I was in charge at parkhead, I’d sign him up just for the seethe from the huns.

If he’d take the job, he’s the outstanding candidate in my eyes. After his comments at ibrox about the west of Scotland, it would seem unlikely he’d want the baggage that comes with job...

Will Celtic look to stick a temp in or go for a permanent replacement now? 

If its the latter then Clarke is the best man for the job but as you say, would he want it. 

Very surprised Rodgers left before the end of the season but if he's been unhappy with the board it maybe explains why. 

22 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Will Celtic look to stick a temp in or go for a permanent replacement now? 

If its the latter then Clarke is the best man for the job but as you say, would he want it. 

Very surprised Rodgers left before the end of the season but if he's been unhappy with the board it maybe explains why. 

Saw a comment from an English journalist based in the East Midlands who is pretty well connected that they'd been talking for a while with the intention of Rodgers replacing Puel at the end of the season but Leicester's recent poor results had meant they had to act earlier than they'd been planning.

I'm shocked that anyone is shocked that Brendan Rodgers lacks loyalty? You mean the guy who had an affair with some tart employed by Liverpool (who was also married), left his wife, she left her husband of just over a year (who later committed suicide) lacks loyalty?

Anyone who watched that woeful Liverpool documentary he was in (David Brent esque) could see that Brendan Rodgers is only interested in Brendan Rodgers.

As for Clarke, I'd be surprised if he went near the job given the sectarian pish but you never know.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm shocked that anyone is shocked that Brendan Rodgers lacks loyalty? You mean the guy who had an affair with some tart employed by Liverpool (who was also married), left his wife, she left her husband of just over a year (who later committed suicide) lacks loyalty?

Anyone who watched that woeful Liverpool documentary he was in (David Brent esque) could see that Brendan Rodgers is only interested in Brendan Rodgers.

As for Clarke, I'd be surprised if he went near the job given the sectarian pish but you never know.

Spot on.

Rodgers is a cunt of a man. Never takes responsibility for anything, constantly passes the buck for his flaws and failings. 

I think Leicester have a decent squad with some good talent, just a pity that they have employed this charlatan.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

That dinosaur will be on the boards list, make no mistake about it.

I can't see Moyes being asked again, he royally pissed off Dermot last time. As I mentioned on the other thread Lawell has a hard on for Jack Ross but if Lenny comes in and wins the treble how could they look elsewhere?

1 minute ago, slasher said:

I can't see Moyes being asked again, he royally pissed off Dermot last time. As I mentioned on the other thread Lawell has a hard on for Jack Ross but if Lenny comes in and wins the treble how could they look elsewhere?

You're right aye, it's a lose, lose appointing Lennon. Lose the title and it's a disaster, win the title and he gets the job, a proper nightmare scenario.

Surprised that he has moved at current time, on verge of potential treble treble. Leicester are in no danger of going down so I thought they might have went for an interim until end of season. 

Not keen on another 2 1/2 years of Lennon's antics to be honest but if he lands the league and cup then its hard to see how he doesn't get the job.

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

He won't really be winning it though will he, just not not winning it!! ^?^:P

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Surprised that he has moved at current time, on verge of potential treble treble. Leicester are in no danger of going down so I thought they might have went for an interim until end of season. 

Not keen on another 2 1/2 years of Lennon's antics to be honest but if he lands the league and cup then its hard to see how he doesn't get the job.

We won't win the treble under Lennon.

His record in the cups / at Hampden is shocking.  

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If I was in charge at Ibrox, I'd introduce Orange away tops just for the seethe from the tims.

😉

See what I did there