Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

That's probably the most inexperienced defence Scotland have ever played. Hope they don't get overawed by the occasion. Having said that, McManus and Caldwell had about 80 caps between them and they were just as shyte at the end of their career as they were at the start, so experience isn't everything.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's probably the most inexperienced defence Scotland have ever played. Hope they don't get overawed by the occasion. Having said that, McManus and Caldwell had about 80 caps between them and they were just as shyte at the end of their career as they were at the start, so experience isn't everything.

No reason why Bates and Mckenna can't build something similar. 

If it's anything less than 3 in the middle of midfield we will get beat. McGinn isn't dependable in a 2.

McTominay not starting is absolutely bewildering! His ball retention skills is the best in our squad, as opposed to McGinn who takes too many risks on the ball for my liking.

And according to SofaScore, Kazakhstan are playing 3-5-2.

9 minutes ago, JECK said:

Can't help but feel we need to give McNulty a chance. Can come short, go in behind, very mobile and on form. Can see what's coming with McBurnie up top, happy to be proved wrong from the big man though.

Don't agree, McNulty's at hibs coz he can't get a game for a team facing relegation in the league McBurnie's scored 18 in this season, a far better level than hibs.

Edited by Mazziessc

5 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Happy Mctominay hasn't been thrown in. His time will come at some point.

OK I know it looks like hindsight but I really can't understand how you could say that.

He has been thrown in as a central defender in the EPL.

He has been thrown in as a defensive midfielder in the champions league.

He has been thrown in as a right sided midfielder in the cup.

He has not played badly in any of these positions despite what some think of his ability as a defender.

As far as I can see the only reason he was left out was that McLeish seriously underestimated  the opposition