Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

13 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Tierney now out. FFS. Who plays left back now?

What?!?!?!?!? 

Shinnie can play left back, we may play in a 3-5-2 now, but who is going to be the left wing back - Russell? 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17514675.kieran-tierney-ruled-out-of-kazakhstan-qualifier-callum-mcgregor-named-scotland-captain/

21 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Tierney now out. FFS. Who plays left back now?

I'd prefer him in midfield but McGregor can play left-back.

Bain

O'Donnell    Bates    McKenna    McGregor

McTominay    McGinn

Forrest        Armstrong        Burke

McBurnie

Can't see us putting any of the center mids at left back, other than Shinnie who played there for years.

As T_P says, Palmer's an option. He's played the last few games there for Wednesday and has been very comfortable. Him on the left and O'Donnell on the right is not unlikely at this point.

I'd probably go with Shinnie left and Palmer right tho. It's more natural.

This is becoming an absolute joke now tbh, I am 100 percent positive that if this was Celtic playing Astana tomorrow Tierney would be playing. They have said all week they will see how he reacts to training on the astro which was the excuse well in early doors. Absolute nonsense continually using this astro pitch as an excuse not to play. Can guarantee Tierney will be playing on Astro in the coming weeks and in the future for Celtic in the SPL. It's pathetic

Yeah the loss of Robertson, Tierney, and Fraser takes away a lot of options, pace and threat down that left hand side. As someone said Tierney becoming a bit of a sicknote under McLeish nothing like the iron man image he has at Celtic. Very disappointing as it's our strongest side attacking and defensively.  Not sure about McGregor down the left now as with Shinnie behind him there would be no real width there. 

Just now, Hertsscot said:

No McGinn?  Anyhow whoever it is lets hope they step up and take their opportunity.

McTominay has been superb in his performances for Man Utd.
McGregor seems undroppable to me right now
Armstrong's been pretty regular in the Prem and feels like the best 'behind the striker' option in the squad, as he showed against Spurs last week.

McGinn's doing well, but our central midfield is that strong that he's still on the bench for me.
It's the left flank that's taken the hits from the call offs.

50 minutes ago, bookerman said:

Hate to say it, but Tierney becoming a bit of a sicknote under Mcleish

Lost count of how many games he missed now.

Makes me question Celtic handling of the lad by over playing  him.

Have a look at Tierney's Twitter account. Understand that the lad is a massive Celtic fan, but never a mention or retweet about the national team (and he quite active on there). Even when we won the nation's League, no mention of congratulations to the team, when though plenty of others were doing it. I just get the feeling playing for the national side isn't a big deal to him

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

O'Donnell should be at right back and Palmer at left back.

Btw it's abundantly clear now that the clubs all regard McLeish as a pathetic pushover.

Just feels a bit crap to give Palmer his debut in not his natural position, when some among the fans aren't even convinced he should be in the squad. It's not exactly doing him a favour.

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'm dreading it. 

It would be interesting to have a poll to see how many people are excited and how many are dreading it.

Aren't we all super excited and dreading it at the same time? Isn't that the standard cognitive dissonance that comes with being part of the TA?

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Aren't we all super excited and dreading it at the same time? Isn't that the standard cognitive dissonance that comes with being part of the TA?

I'd give you a "Yes" for that one, but I'll add a "But"... and the but is that I'm losing my faith entirely.