Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

5 minutes ago, Marky said:

In view of my appallingly limited knowledge of both players, can I ask why those selecting Souttar over Findlay are doing so?

I guess experience wise, they are both absolute rabbits, so based purely on club form isn’t is reasonable to assume that Findlay is a better choice than Souttar?

I may of course be talking utter bollocks.

I picked the line up I did on what I think McLeish will select on the day.

I only put Souttar ahead of Findlay due to the fact that McLeish has previously selected Souttar in starting line ups in games, no other reason.

I've not seen Findlay play so I can't comment on whether he is a better player or not.

7 minutes ago, Marky said:

In view of my appallingly limited knowledge of both players, can I ask why those selecting Souttar over Findlay are doing so?

I guess experience wise, they are both absolute rabbits, so based purely on club form isn’t is reasonable to assume that Findlay is a better choice than Souttar?

I may of course be talking utter bollocks.

Personally I'd pick Findlay over Souttar because he's left sided.

23 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Looks like England have a similar problem, tbh I am not too bothered about bannan, mulgrew and archer as they would likely never of played anyways. Losing Robertson is a loss and not being able to play Fraser and Paterson for the Kazakhstan game is a bit annoying but most of who I would pick for the first team is in the squad so I don't really feel too disappointed. 

Why can't we play them? Something to do with the pitch? 

43 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Why can't we play them? Something to do with the pitch? 

"Alex McLeish has been dealt a further blow with Ryan Fraser and Callum Paterson set to sit out of the clash with Kazakhstan.

The first of Scotland's European Championship qualifiers will take place on the artificial surface of the Astana Arena next Thursday.

And Bournemouth and Cardiff want their key men to sit out of the game and protect themselves after both suffering serious knee injuries in the past"

Final revision and I'm going to assume that Robertson, McKenna and McBurnie are all fit:

Bain

Bates    McKenna   Tierney

Palmer                                                                        Robertson

McTominay

Forrest                     McGinn

Burke                      McBurnie

30 minutes ago, csinclair said:

"Alex McLeish has been dealt a further blow with Ryan Fraser and Callum Paterson set to sit out of the clash with Kazakhstan.

The first of Scotland's European Championship qualifiers will take place on the artificial surface of the Astana Arena next Thursday.

And Bournemouth and Cardiff want their key men to sit out of the game and protect themselves after both suffering serious knee injuries in the past"

the blow from Ryan Fraser set to sit out, balanced by Paterson set to sit out. 

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Final revision and I'm going to assume that Robertson, McKenna and McBurnie are all fit:

Bain

Bates    McKenna   Tierney

Palmer                                                                        Robertson

McTominay

Forrest                     McGinn

Burke                      McBurnie

yes. that will be the formation. no doubt about it. 

Just now, Return of Yermaw said:

so you are stating that you firmly believe McLeish will pick a 3-5-2 formation? 

I don't think McLeish will ever play three at the back ever again. We haven't played that particular style since 2001, I don't see it ever changing.

This is a thread for "Your first 11", and I assume that means formations, too.

So yes, that's my team and formation to beat Kazakhstan. :)

Guest ElChris04

Line Up for me is Simple, none of the 3-5-2 garbage that doesn’t work.Give Debuts to Palmer and Findlay since I rate  higher than SOD who for me shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. And perfer Findlay to Soutter. More of a aerial threat. Burke gets ahead of McBurnie Up Front. Holds the ball up well and brings the pace. 

we play 4-2-3-1 

Bain

Palmer-Findlay-McKenna-Tierney

McGinn-McGregor

Forrest-Armstrong-Morgan

Burke

Come on now, you can't post something like that without your source.  If we don't have Tierney or Robbo we are screwed, we might have to play Shinnie at left back. 

24 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I've seen reports that Tierney is struggling too 😭

Seeing suggestions Callum McGregor should play wide left in Fraser's absence. He is nowhere near the same player when he's not in central midfield and can't influence the game in the same way. Absolutely certain it's best to keep him where he belongs and play a more natural option out there, in my opinion, Russell. McGregor is arguably our best player (Robertson aside) and needs to be utilised properly.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/andy-robertson-eager-to-face-kazakhstan/

Striker Oli McBurnie has recovered from the illness that forced him out of Swansea’s recent games while Callum McGregor reported no ill effects after making his comeback from a calf injury during Celtic’s late victory over Dundee on Sunday.

And Scott McKenna is confident he will face Kazakhstan after Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes raised doubts over the centre-back’s fitness after he played through a thigh problem on Saturday.

Grant said: “He is in great hands here and he is very comfortable. These guys are really up for playing. But we have got to make sure he is helping Aberdeen as well as Scotland, we don’t want to put him in there and it ends up seeing him out for a period of time.

“You have to trust their judgement and the judgement of the great physios and doctors we have here. Ultimately the decision will come down to Scott but going by his mindset, he is going to be available.”

36 minutes ago, hampdenroarpod said:

Seeing suggestions Callum McGregor should play wide left in Fraser's absence. He is nowhere near the same player when he's not in central midfield and can't influence the game in the same way. Absolutely certain it's best to keep him where he belongs and play a more natural option out there, in my opinion, Russell. McGregor is arguably our best player (Robertson aside) and needs to be utilised properly.

I’m not sure i agree. He will be more adept at playing in short passes to the overlapping full back and to Burke from a more advanced position on the left. McGinn is better centrally to win possession. 

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

Come on now, you can't post something like that without your source.  If we don't have Tierney or Robbo we are screwed, we might have to play Shinnie at left back. 

I'd say his source is his own eyes. He's visibly been struggling since coming back from injury.