Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

23 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I am willing Oli to be fit, and if he starts I am expecting him to get off the mark. His goal tally for Swansea this year is great, his 5 caps can serve as an apprenticeship now lt's time to translate his club form to the bigger stage.  Bates and McKenna together - Currently watching this for a refresher on how Israel got their 2 -

First goal - McGregor should have done better

Second goal - McKenna could have done better.

I remember overall, the two central defenders played well.

Look at the third goal, started by McKenna winning the ball high up in the opposition half. would rather have him for Thursdays match than not.

Sorry but I am totally lost as to what is happening.  Everything seems spread about every thread on the forum.

BBC saying Robertson might play on Thursday after all.

McKenna might not play but then again he might

Three players have withdrawn

One player has retired

One player has asked not to be selected

"2 players have said they won't play on all weather. Have the they travelled with the squad?

4 hours ago, Marky said:

Careful Chripper. The Macarroon Bar salesman guy will be on telling you you’re entertaining hyperbole.

Bans won’t work for me though, because in my opinion the vast majority of the established players don’t give a feck anyway.

Right son you’re banned for 10 games. 

Am ah? Aw naw. Boo Hoo. Right when’s ma next league game.

If we’re talkin about league game bans then it’ll go like this.

Andy Robertson - Hey Jurgen. I’m banned for Saturday’s game coz ah didnae turn up for Scotland.

Jurgen.- Was!!!! Right wee man. You’re needin tae get yer priorities right. Dae ye want tae play for us for huge wedge and potentially get a #70m move tae Real Madrid, or dae ye want tae play for Scotland against Kazakhstan? You decide.

AR - Ah’ve decided boss. 

AR - Alec, ah’ve retred.

That's what's happening by default anyway

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry but I am totally lost as to what is happening.  Everything seems spread about every thread on the forum.

One player has retired

"2 players have said they won't play on all weather. Have the they travelled with the squad?

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes/No

34 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

One player has retired

This site has no active admins to keep the thread sprawl form happening and keeping discussion moving.  We have threads for people being optimistic, and thread for people being pessimistic, and threads for people saying we hope we do well, just make a thread and join in. 

8 hours ago, Marky said:

Folk need to get with the programme here. Whether you like it of not, International football is now a very distant second priority for these players. Even the ones who want to play.

If the SFA start trying to throw their weight around (which off course they won’t anyway), clubs AND PLAYERS will just say feck you then. They won’t have their livelihoods messed about with.

It’s a sad fact. For countries of our standing, International football is irreparably broken.

Yeah it's true for some nations but I also say again look at Wales set up. Bale could easily rest up and save himself for Real Madrid but he's pretty much always out there for Wales even when not fully fit. Ramsey is another and you're talking their two best players there so that filters down to the rest of the squad.

Nothern Ireland don't have anywhere near as talented a squad but they seem to have set up akin to club side and always qualified for euros and made play offs of last World cup so feeling is success isn't too far away if they get a few breaks.

Scotland simply have to make a tournament soon otherwise another generation will lose hope.

Let's try this again....

Kelly
Palmer     Bates    Findlay    Tierney
          McTominay McGregor
Forrest          McGinn      Burke
                     McBurnie   

I imagine Eck will probably go with Russell, Bain & Souttar though

I think your being harsh for Russell, unless as you rightly bring up he is too fatigued with travel. From what I have seen in a Scotland jersey Russell has impressed more than Oli Burke has; who when  I saw him on the wing he was always one for head down and beating a man but didn't have the awareness to pick out another player or spacial awareness to know where he was on the park.  Seeing him having some success up front is where I would consider him primarily for us right now.  

Ok time to revise my original team. If McLeish has decided to cut some sort of deal with McInnes about Scott McKenna, it should be that he plays on Thursday and can sit out Sunday in San Marino when Robertson should be back and he can choose to move Tierney inside or give Findlay a debut.

For Thursday: Bain; Palmer, Bates, McKenna, Tierney; McTominay, McGinn; Forrest, Armstrong, McGregor; Burke.

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The Kazakhstan midfield alone have got more than that. :lol:

Is it too early to start panicking? :eek:

Oh I started panicking a long time ago... 

But seriously, number of goals is a bit of a false metric considering our young squad. I mean, we could call up Dodds, McCoist, and Jess and have bigger numbers than the Kazakhs. 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Oh I started panicking a long time ago... 

But seriously, number of goals is a bit of a false metric considering our young squad. I mean, we could call up Dodds, McCoist, and Jess and have bigger numbers than the Kazakhs. 

I take your point but the lack of experience of scoring goals and winning games is worrying.

I think our midfield is good enough to get us through the match but Fraser is a huge loss. We need Forrest, Armstrong and McGregor to play well. 

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I take your point but the lack of experience of scoring goals and winning games is worrying.

I think our midfield is good enough to get us through the match but Fraser is a huge loss. We need Forrest, Armstrong and McGregor to play well. 

Arguably the Kazakh lads have a lot less experience of winning games. I'm trying to stay optimistic in the face of what I'm almost certain will be yet another stupid banana skin we slip up on. 

assuming robertson is out 

bain 

patterson mckenna (souttar) bates tierney 

mctominay mcginn 

forrest       armstrong       mcgregor

burke  

Berra should really be in this squad, if Mckenna is out souttar and bates gives me reservations dont fancy chucking in findlay for a debut in a game like this. burke cant play on the left so hes going in up top as he has his celtic pals in alongside him, mcburnie has been poor in every game for scotland so far. 

31 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

assuming robertson is out 

bain 

patterson mckenna (souttar) bates tierney 

mctominay mcginn 

forrest       armstrong       mcgregor

burke  

Berra should really be in this squad, if Mckenna is out souttar and bates gives me reservations dont fancy chucking in findlay for a debut in a game like this. burke cant play on the left so hes going in up top as he has his celtic pals in alongside him, mcburnie has been poor in every game for scotland so far. 

Paterson can't play in the first game because of the pitch.

Also, Bates was thrown in for his debut in an important game and did fine so I have no worries about Findlay doing the same

I think we will line up as follows

Bain

O'Donnell   Bates  Souttar  Tierney

McGinn  McTominay

Forrest           McGregor        Burke

McBurnie

In view of my appallingly limited knowledge of both players, can I ask why those selecting Souttar over Findlay are doing so?

I guess experience wise, they are both absolute rabbits, so based purely on club form isn’t is reasonable to assume that Findlay is a better choice than Souttar?

I may of course be talking utter bollocks.