Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

Once again the amount of call offs and clubs dictating when players can play is nothing short of embarrassing.

The faith Alex McLeish showed in clubs by making concessions last summer has came back to bite him big time. Clubs know he is in a weak spot and are exploiting it. Really dispiriting stuff from a Scotland perspective.

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Once again the amount of call offs and clubs dictating when players can play is nothing short of embarrassing.

The faith Alex McLeish showed in clubs by making concessions last summer has came back to bite him big time. Clubs know he is in a weak spot and are exploiting it. Really dispiriting stuff from a Scotland perspective.

It is a bit disappointing but the call offs have been players who wouldn't have played anyways. Robertson can be covered with Tierney so it's not too big a loss imo. 

Bain

Palmer   Bates McKenna Tierney

Mctominay/mcginn McGregor

Forrest          Armstrong     morgan

Burke

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

It is a bit disappointing but the call offs have been players who wouldn't have played anyways. Robertson can be covered with Tierney so it's not too big a loss imo. 

Bain

Palmer   Bates McKenna Tierney

Mctominay/mcginn McGregor

Forrest          Armstrong     morgan

Burke

Doubt if McKenna will play.

Are Paterson and McBurnie still in the squad?

43 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Robertson pulls out due to dental abscess, at least we have an able replacement.

Seriously? And yet today he was bombing around like a maniac? Strange how these things crop up.

It's a pity in 2019 medical science hasn't produced some sort of pain killer...

We will now lose to Kazakhstan.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

The amount of players missing is embarrassing. 

It's definitely gotten worse under McLeish. This is why he's called up such a padded squad, when we get the inevitable calls off then it won't look as bad. He's wrong.

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He should do fine against Kazakhstan & San Marino then 

I don't know. My confidence in these player is shattered and it looks like we'll be missing around half of our strongest team.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Very disappointing.

Responsibility lies with the players, unfortunately the management team can only do so much. A niggle, a sore tooth etc is an out if you want to use it, shame so many do so. 

This is a small part why we can never make a play off. 

Definitely.

When Andy Robertson is doing it (he's meant to be a good seed) it's time to worry.

If I were McLeish and the SFA I would say invoke the 5 day rule. (Or is it 3 days?). OK. It won't have any effect this time around what with their not being domestic matches next weekend, but still. I'd get tough with the players. The time for being namby-pamby should be over. If a player is constantly pulling out of the squad then I'd call him and ask him whether or not he wants to retire from international duty.

Would it cause bad blood? Not with the players who truly want to play for Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Definitely.

When Andy Robertson is doing it (he's meant to be a good seed) it's time to worry.

If I were McLeish and the SFA I would say invoke the 5 day rule. (Or is it 3 days?). OK. It won't have any effect this time around what with their not being domestic matches next weekend, but still. I'd get tough with the players. The time for being namby-pamby should be over. If a player is constantly pulling out of the squad then I'd call him and ask him whether or not he wants to retire from international duty.

Would it cause bad blood? Not with the players who truly want to play for Scotland. 

With Robertson I would say he probably has a genuine reason as he has always been committed to the cause. I would say we should definitely start invoking the rule and let us see who actually wants to play for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

With Robertson I would say he probably has a genuine reason as he has always been committed to the cause. I would say we should definitely start invoking the rule and let us see who actually wants to play for Scotland.

It's truly becoming ridiculous. It happens with every squad and it seems to be getting worse.

Another reason I miss Darren Fletcher, he showed up through illness and tough times. McTominay seems to be in the same mould, I don't think he's ever pulled out... whereas Fraser tends to pull out 3 out of 5 squads. 

I’ve some sympathy with guys who’ve played all season and have important games coming and probably want a weeks rest but it’s the same for most international players. 

We’ve some of the most passionate fans and a group of players who give the impression it doesn’t really mean that much. 

16 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It's truly becoming ridiculous. It happens with every squad and it seems to be getting worse.

Another reason I miss Darren Fletcher, he showed up through illness and tough times. McTominay seems to be in the same mould, I don't think he's ever pulled out... whereas Fraser tends to pull out 3 out of 5 squads. 

Personally I reckon Fraser is committed but Bournemouth are the ones reluctant to release him.

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’ve some sympathy with guys who’ve played all season and have important games coming and probably want a weeks rest but it’s the same for most international players. 

We’ve some of the most passionate fans and a group of players who give the impression it doesn’t really mean that much. 

It would be a valid point if our players did have important games coming up, but most of our players don't. It's not like we have 10 players in a fight to won La Liga or the European Cup. 

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Personally I reckon Fraser is committed but Bournemouth are the ones reluctant to release him.

See, I don't buy that. Maybe in days gone by it could be used as an excuse, but these days players have more power than clubs. If Fraser defied Bournemouth by playing for Scotland what are they going to do? Drop a player who's in the top 10 of European club assists? I don't think so.

Andy Robertson might be available for the San Marino game.

With Scott McKenna a major doubt, Stuart Findlay may make his debut yet !

Good to see Liam Kelly called up. A very good young keeper who should have been involved last year. The real reason for his being ignored until now was McLeish being a snob and not wanting to call up a Livingston player. Anyway he's in now and that's the main thing.

Cmon, Andy Robertson pulling out because he has the dentist has to be the worst excuse of the lot!! It's not like he has to wait on an NHS appointment! He's a multi millionaire ffs, he can be in and out today! Are you trying to tell me you would be off your work for 4 days after having an abscess removed. And he claims he isn't allowed to travel... I wonder would he travel if it was his holidays he was going on.. Would you? 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:23 AM, exile said:

We can weigh them up later. For now let's be positive about those who are up for it, give them the attention.... 

Now McKenna despite playing full 90

This is becoming an epidemic of people who can't be fucked

On 3/14/2019 at 3:33 PM, vanderark14 said:

I couldn't agree more with this, the spineless SFA and manager won't say a fucking word about it. I don't get to the same amount of games as I used but I feel sorry for those who travel through thick and thin, they are the ones being sold short.

Fraser and Bournemouth can suck my plums, as you say this isn't a kick about down the local park, its a competitive match

We need to start stopping the players from their next club games

We've just become apologists for the clubs

36 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Cmon, Andy Robertson pulling out because he has the dentist has to be the worst excuse of the lot!! It's not like he has to wait on an NHS appointment! He's a multi millionaire ffs, he can be in and out today! Are you trying to tell me you would be off your work for 4 days after having an abscess removed. And he claims he isn't allowed to travel... I wonder would he travel if it was his holidays he was going on.. Would you? 

Omg

Let's just forfeit the game and campaign now

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

It would be a valid point if our players did have important games coming up, but most of our players don't. It's not like we have 10 players in a fight to won La Liga or the European Cup. 

Totally agree.

See, I don't buy that. Maybe in days gone by it could be used as an excuse, but these days players have more power than clubs. If Fraser defied Bournemouth by playing for Scotland what are they going to do? Drop a player who's in the top 10 of European club assists? I don't think so.

Fraser is complicit as are all the guys pulling out

Bans only way to go

If that's 10 players its 10 players

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

It's definitely gotten worse under McLeish. This is why he's called up such a padded squad, when we get the inevitable calls off then it won't look as bad. He's wrong.

I don't know. My confidence in these player is shattered and it looks like we'll be missing around half of our strongest team.

This was the most important game

We always kick off a campaign with a below par defeat or draw in some far flung destination

We needed a win to get on a roll

And most of our best players can't be bothered because they want a rest for some, in most cases, mid table mediocrity run in

The good thing is that none of the match-fit Celtic players have pulled out...yet.  :spin:  Might as well start them all - or anyone with links - 

Bain

O'Donnell    Bates    Findlay    Tierney

McTominay

Forrest    McGregor    Armstrong    Morgan

Burke

It would obviously look better with Hendry, Mulgrew, Christie, Maloney and Griffiths in there but that's not a bad XI. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

The good thing is that none of the match-fit Celtic players have pulled out...yet.  :spin:  Might as well start them all - or anyone with links - 

Bain

O'Donnell    Bates    Findlay    Tierney

McTominay

Forrest    McGregor    Armstrong    Morgan

Burke

It would obviously look better with Hendry, Mulgrew, Christie, Maloney and Griffiths in there but that's not a bad XI. 

McGinn will play. McGregor will be moved to the left.