Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

6 hours ago, bazmidd said:

I never ever said a 3 couldn't work I was actually an advocate for trying it at the beginning of the Nations League, but I never ever saw it as the solution to all our problems and that by simply changing to 3 at the back everything was solved. We looked ropey the first few friendlies we played it, which was understandable as it was new. It seemed to work in attacking sense in our first Nations League match v Albania but still looked vulnerable in defence which this was meant to solve. This was then completely brought home to roost in Israel when we were cut open time and again with balls in behind our wing back who didn't appear to have a clue how to play the position, this then stretched our centre halves to cover them and we were continually wide open. I was an advocate for it, we tried it and it didn't work. That's not to say that giving time it wouldn't work, but we simply don't have the luxury of time at international level to work on these things. That result in Israel almost cost us and the formation was to blame. At this moment and time we need to play a way the players are familiar with unless of course we are going ultra defensive v say Belgium and we string 5 across the back but I wouldn't expect those full backs to be doing too much attacking as if they did in the way they did in Israel it would be a cricket score. So for games we just want to shut up shop yes maybe the 5 has a place but for now against teams similar to ourselves the 4 just simply works better with the players we have

I think you have summed up everything there. If we want to compete against teams we are better than, teams we are equal to or the team(Russia)who might be better than us we need to have all our top players in their correct positions .

We can try to head to head with Belgium but a back five with something like another back five in midfield is probably our best chance of any kind of result. That guy who said the future of international football would be playing without a striker probably had us in mind.

Bain

Tierney Souttar McKenna Robertson

McGinn McTominey

Forrest McGregor Burke

Paterson

Lets be honest here, if we dont take 6 points from these games and indeed 9 from the first 3 games,.. we should be nowhere near international football. We should quit and demolish hampden

22 hours ago, Bino's said:

Just seen Fraser is 'out'

Fraser our most potent forward player isn't playing because he had ACL damage 4 years ago

What the fuck do they think this is, a kickabout down the park

From my reckoning we know have, who are fit and play every week. McGregor, Brown, Fletcher, Fraser, Patterson, Ritchie, McArthur and Snodgrass all refusing to play for their country

That is probably also the list of all our highest paid players at their clubs

Disgrace

I couldn't agree more with this, the spineless SFA and manager won't say a fucking word about it. I don't get to the same amount of games as I used but I feel sorry for those who travel through thick and thin, they are the ones being sold short.

Fraser and Bournemouth can suck my plums, as you say this isn't a kick about down the local park, its a competitive match

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I couldn't agree more with this, the spineless SFA and manager won't say a fucking word about it. I don't get to the same amount of games as I used but I feel sorry for those who travel through thick and thin, they are the ones being sold short.

Fraser and Bournemouth can suck my plums, as you say this isn't a kick about down the local park, its a competitive match

Cost's a higher percentage of my disposable income to go to any game than some of the elite, plenty other's are the same I would hardly say it's just the travelling support

3 hours ago, jamboman said:

Bain

McGinn McTominey

Forrest McGregor Burke

Paterson

Lets be honest here, if we dont take 6 points from these games and indeed 9 from the first 3 games,.. we should be nowhere near international football. We should quit and demolish hampden

can't believe anyone thinks that Paterson is our best striking option regardless of the paucity of options. 

Let's face facts: the SFA, McLeish and the Scotland players don't deserve us.

It used to be that players would put their heads where no normal person wouldn't put their feet, players would put their bodies on the line for the honour and privilege representing Scotland. Now where are we? Players don't want to play on plastic surfaces incase they get injuries.

Poor wee souls.

36 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Let's face facts: the SFA, McLeish and the Scotland players don't deserve us.

It used to be that players would put their heads where no normal person wouldn't put their feet, players would put their bodies on the line for the honour and privilege representing Scotland. Now where are we? Players don't want to play on plastic surfaces incase they get injuries.

Poor wee souls.

To be fair, a number of high profile players have same attitude, Henry, Drogba, Ibrahimovic etc have all came into scrutiny in the MLS for picking and choosing their games down to pitches (sure Henry pulled a major huffy over a game years ago).

Gary O’Connor has blamed plastic pitches in Russia as part of the reason his later career was hampered with injuries.

Everton were without 9 first team players for a European game a few years back due to a plastic pitch.

6 hours ago, jamboman said:

Bain

McGinn McTominey

Forrest McGregor Burke

Paterson

Only change I'd make to that is to remove Paterson, play Burke upfront and play Armstrong in his place

24 minutes ago, wanderer said:

To be fair, a number of high profile players have same attitude, Henry, Drogba, Ibrahimovic etc have all came into scrutiny in the MLS for picking and choosing their games down to pitches (sure Henry pulled a major huffy over a game years ago).

Gary O’Connor has blamed plastic pitches in Russia as part of the reason his later career was hampered with injuries.

Everton were without 9 first team players for a European game a few years back due to a plastic pitch.

About time they were banned.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Fair enough. Maybe I'm being a wee bit harsh.

If it's so universally hated then plastic pitches should be banned. They have no place in professional football.

Assuming everyone is fit, for Kazakhstan, I'd probably go for:

Bain

O'Donnell - McKenna - Mulgrew - Robertson

McGregor - McGinn

Fraser - Armstrong - Forrest

McBurnie

Mulgrew in ahead of Souttar being purely for experience reasons and O'Donnell ahead of Tierney at right-back as he's an actual right-back.

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Bain

McGregor - McGinn

McBurnie

Mulgrew in ahead of Souttar being purely for experience reasons and O'Donnell ahead of Tierney at right-back as he's an actual right-back.

Fraser can't play the Kazakhstan game, plastic pitch.

3 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Bain

McGregor - McGinn

McBurnie

Mulgrew. Are you insane? 

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

What do celtic fans think of Burke? Where has he been playing, up top or out wide?

He has been playing as a forward, bizarrely ahead of French Eddy.

I really like Burke.  He is still really raw but game time is improving him.

If McBurnie and Paterson are indeed unavailable, I'd have no problem starting him.  

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Also, anybody see bates regularly? I'd rather have a better option than soutar. Stuart Findlay would have done.

Seems to have really been taken in by the HSV fans and getting some really good reviews (club have nicknamed him the "Ginger Ramos").

Think next season will tell a lot of Hamburg can get back into Bundasliga , as Budasliga 2 is rather poor this year and it is no wonder Hamburg and Koln are running away with it (though Union Berlin are breathing down their necks) and 3rd Liga is actually getting more attention this year with all the big names in their this season.

Bain

O'Donnell McKenna Mulgrew Robertson (c)

Mcginn Mctominay

Mcgregor Armstrong Forrest

Burke

Then for san Marino

I would swap

McKenna for Bates

Robertson for Tierney

Mcgregor for Ryan Fraser (as he is not allowed to play on a plastic pitch or else he would be in)

Burke for Paterson (same reason as Ryan Fraser)

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Seems to have really been taken in by the HSV fans and getting some really good reviews (club have nicknamed him the "Ginger Ramos").

Think next season will tell a lot of Hamburg can get back into Bundasliga , as Budasliga 2 is rather poor this year and it is no wonder Hamburg and Koln are running away with it (though Union Berlin are breathing down their necks) and 3rd Liga is actually getting more attention this year with all the big names in their this season.

Hamburg still have to play both Köln & Berlin away. Couple of bad results and they could be in the play-off spot.

Don’t know what you’re basing your comments re. 3. Liga on. Apart from 1860 Münich, Kaiserslautern & Eintracht Braunschweig who are the „big“ names in the league.

33 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

Hamburg still have to play both Köln & Berlin away. Couple of bad results and they could be in the play-off spot.

Don’t know what you’re basing your comments re. 3. Liga on. Apart from 1860 Münich, Kaiserslautern & Eintracht Braunschweig who are the „big“ names in the league.

Derek Rae was chatting about how much better 3. liga compared to Budasliga 2 this season a week or two ago, with the teams you mention, plus Cottbus (who would yo-yo between Budalisga and Budasliga 1 until fairly recently) and Hansa Rostock.