Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 for Kazakhstan match

mrniaboc

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why is no one suggesting Paterson up front.

4 goals in 14 games for one of the worst teams in the EPL is not a bad return.

He has the second best statistics for aerial duels won in the league.

Tbf he had a good run of 6 games where he scored the goals but after that he hasnt got much. I think most of his goals had an element of luck and I don't think he would be a player that will flourish up front in the long run. He should probably be a last resort upfront a bit like he is at Cardiff.

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why is no one suggesting Paterson up front.

4 goals in 14 games for one of the worst teams in the EPL is not a bad return.

He has the second best statistics for aerial duels won in the league.

Forgot about him actually as a striker I’d maybe try him in Fletcher role. 

9 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Forgot about him actually as a striker I’d maybe try him in Fletcher role. 

I agree. With fraser and forrest on the wings we don't particularly need pace in the striker role. Just someone who can hold up the ball and pass it to other players. 

23 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ferguson was captain and player of the year at Blackburn. He got bad injuries otherwise he’s have been a top 4 EPL player. He was invariably the best player on the pitch regardless of the opposition.

I saw him play a few times for Blackburn at Villa Park and he never really got in the games so was pretty underwhelmed given how dominant a midfield he was for Rangers. In fairness he did break his leg early on at Blackburn.

With regards the other players Fletcher did make his debut in 2003 for Man. United but was derided in the early years and only really started showing his worth from 2007 onwards.

Others: Gary Naysmith. Good shout. Regular for Everton under Moyes when they were top 6/7 side most seasons. Steady eddie full back.

Cameron and Kenny Miller. Both joined Wolves in 2001 and left in 2005. Only played one season of premier league football in that time and Wolves finished bottom I think. Miller then played in that horrendous Derby team.

Hutchinson and Dickov would've been well into their 30s by 2003 so coming to the end of their international careers. Both obviously should've been used more in the 90s although of course stronger squad in those times.

McFadden to me always flattered to deceive at Everton, never really secured a regular spot there. Reminds me of when Aiden McGeady was at Everton for a few years. Faddy one of those players who was much better at international level than in his club career (again similar to David Healy).

Missed out Weir who was a regular still at Everton well into his 30s.

Nah this crop IF managed correctly is better and will get Scotland to a euros. Obviously CB remains a worry but Scott McKenna should get himself a move to at least top half championship side in next 18 months.

22 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

POTY at Birmingham, my mistake. 

Yes he did play well for them actually. Was in McLeish deep lying system so he just sat infront of the back 4 and passed around so suited him more than Blackburn. Was well into his 30s by then and had already retired from the NT due to the Iceland fall out.

27 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

A few players to pull out because of the artificial pitch in Kazakhstan. This campaign could be over before its even begun.

Yeah, supposedly Fraser and Paterson to sit out the Kazakhstan game due to the pitch. Are they serious? Very disappointing. 

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Yeah, supposedly Fraser and Paterson to sit out the Kazakhstan game due to the pitch. Are they serious? Very disappointing. 

It's come from their clubs apparently. To be honest, if either did get injured then the SFA would probably struggle to pay the compensation

my team now the squads been picked....

Bain

Palmer –  McKenna –Bates– Robertson

Mctominay Mcgregor

Forrest      Armstrong    Burke

Mcburnie

Against Kazahkstan - I would swap Fraser for Burke. Burke can come on against tired legs last 20. 

Why no Tierney for v K, well he is recently back from injury and I want a natural right back when we are playing a better team to not anul our attacking threat on the right. Versus San Marino he starts. 

McBurnie if he starts needs to repay the faith in him, well they all do really but it's time he translates his impressive club form and graduates into our regular striker.

Wait...Fraser unavailable? Is that a match ban or niggle?

Edited by romanticscot

Bain

Bates   McKenna   Tierney

Palmer                                                    Robertson

McTominay

Armstrong                          Fraser

Forrest                              McBurnie

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Bain

Bates   McKenna   Tierney

Palmer                                                    Robertson

McTominay

Armstrong                          Fraser

Forrest                              McBurnie

And you said Armstrong was dogger and should be dropped :D

20 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

my team now the squads been picked....

Bain

Palmer –  McKenna –Bates– Robertson

Mctominay Mcgregor

Forrest      Armstrong    Burke

Mcburnie

Pretty much that.

Is a suggestion that McBurnie is far from 100%, so could see Burke up top with Morgan wide.

Just now, andyD said:

not like you're short of options. don't think there are any scottish midfielders not in the squad!

I know.

The inclusion of Bannan pretty much sums up where we are in the midfield department... actually, it sums up where are in football terms.

I think we will struggle again Kazakhstan. Once that phrase it uttered you know that you're a footballing minnow.