BBC Scotland - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 2/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, dandydunn said:

Championship football starts on Friday night. Heard them mention it on sportsound yesterday. Morton V Falkirk at 7:05pm 👍🏽

Thanks. Couldn't see it, as website crap. You see a Sport tab and it invariably links to English football. 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:29 PM, Toepoke said:

I see Nae Pasaran is on tonight, might give that a watch it looks an interesting documentary. 

did you watch? 

I thought it was brilliant, could you imagine anyone doing that today...

Especially a Union or anyone in the Labour Movement.,.,,.

22 minutes ago, Stapes said:

An oldie that some might remember, which I'm sure was BBC, was Maggie, with music by BA Robertson. 

:sing: "Maggie, so far so far so good"

For a late night spine chiller they could re-run The Nightmare Man, I seem to recall being scared shitless watching it, plus Celia Imrie was in fine form ;) 

Tutti Frutti is a show I'm looking forward to seeing for the first time, I've read good things about it.

I gather that after it's original broadcast it supposedly took years to get it realised on video or even repeated again owing to one of the music licence holders being an unreasonable cunt.

I have tried to "get into" Rab C Nesbitt but I never could. Could someone please explain to me what is so funny about a jakey, workshy alcoholic who's family lives in poverty ? 

City Lights would be worth a repeat. That was good. 

15 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Was on bbc 4 a couple of years ago, available on dvd now. SHUT THAT F.UCKING DUG UP!

I knew it had been released on dvd but didn't realise it had been back on tv, must pay more attention 🙂

Ok so have had a look at The Nine. So a man and a woman on a sofa, a bit like one of those breakfast programmes (?). I missed the UK/Brexit bit and if there was anything on Holyrood, missed it. More international than I imagined - Catalonia, France, Korea, Pakistan etc., told in a Scottish accent. 

I see they are going to show Dundee United v Inverness CT cup game on Sunday.

The 'Question Time' style debate progrmme still to be seen - tomorrow. 

Meanwhile over on BBC1 they've been running Shetland. So as long as the BBC1 poaches the best dramas coming out of Scotland, it will be difficult to shake the impression that BBC Scotland is a second string channel, and not all that a 'national'TV station could be. 

Edited by exile