BBC Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, exile said:

Championship football starts on Friday night. Heard them mention it on sportsound yesterday. Morton V Falkirk at 7:05pm 👍🏽

Edited by dandydunn

15 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think they will be spending much money on it. 

Pretty sure it will be designed to fail. 

£22 million by all accounts. 

Looks like another weegie channel with tired weegie humour 😂😂😂

i never watched it, I couldn’t be bothered to turn over the tv with the remote 🙄

Edited by antidote

I tuned in for Still Game prematurely at watched some "news" programme that was awful, and I'm generally not one for the cringe. Basically had news topics that were discussed by actors pretending to be punters. Although they forgot to get Billy on this time. 

Those running it have failed to see the obvious issue that it doesn't really matter what programming they produce, the BBC has become a toxic brand in Scotland. 

They need to get away from the tired old Reporting Scotland keech which is usually crime, Celtic and Rangers, incessant attacks on anything Scottish (health service, police service, economy) and when there's something like Ross Thomson going on a gropefest, or a Labour/Tory councillor caught doing bad things, use a wildlife story - badgers or wildcats of whatever - to distract from the real news.  Political discussion needs to be balanced - not three yoons v 1 indy supporter as has been the norm on BBC Scotland.  Stop framing stories in a manner that compares Scotland with England (generally when comparison is unfavourable to Scotland).  Why not compare us to Ireland, Norway, Denmark or wherever?  England or rUK are not the be all and end all for benchmarks of what is good or bad.

Maybe if they produced programmes that are what a modern independent European nation would produce, they might be on the right lines, but you get the feeling they don't want the new channel to succeed.  Oh yes, and get Menthorn and that EDL audience selector lady to feck.

BTW: Rebecca Curran: doorstepped Mark Macdonald repeatedly, so I assume she will be doing the same with politicians of other parties (and none). Start with Ross Thomson, and then find out who assaulted Monica Lennon, then we'll believe you don't have a biased agenda.

Edited by Alibi