An experiment in realizm - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

An experiment in realizm

Chripper

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Do you care to be specific or are you fine with keeping It conveniently vague?

Also, in my experience, therapists and psychiatrists have more mental issues than their patients. And no, those aren't my credentials. 

One day, just one day I wish that people would stay on topic with my threads. I know why it never happens, though. It never happens because people fear the unknown, and usually my posts are written as statements rather than opinions, people generally take that as arrogance and that generally annoys people.

I don't mind the insults, though, as it means that I'm doing something right. :)

I’d be too in awe of someone who came up with

“We're talking about McDonald and Shinnie and Fletcher, etc, when Scotland fans of the past used to talk about Dalglish and Law and Souness”

You’re way ahead of your time for this forum. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’d be too in awe of someone who came up with

“We're talking about McDonald and Shinnie and Fletcher, etc, when Scotland fans of the past used to talk about Dalglish and Law and Souness”

You’re way ahead of your time for this forum. 

So, you're citing that evidence of my being crazy?

I assume that you disagree?

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’re stating the obvious, something that’s been discussed on here and in pubs before and after games for years. 

Of course it's obvious, as it perfectly sums up how low we've fallen. It wasn't like it was the core of the point that I was making. The point is that in my opinion Scottish football is rotten to the core. If you disagree with that then fine. Personally I can't see any shoots of growth.

When writers write articles about religious bigotry being a blight on Scottish football, is that obvious? How about articles that underline that persecution based on colour is wrong? That's obvious, too. How about Newton's law of international gravitation? That's obvious. Just because something is obvious doesn't mean that it shouldn't be explained or written about.

25 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Of course it's obvious, as it perfectly sums up how low we've fallen. It wasn't like it was the core of the point that I was making. The point is that in my opinion Scottish football is rotten to the core. If you disagree with that then fine. Personally I can't see any shoots of growth.

For a self proclaimed footballing revolutionary stating the obvious is a massive letdown. And we had such high hopes after the 5 at the back idea. 

“We’re not as good as we used to be”

- Chripper 2019

*pinned post

Edited by ParisInAKilt

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

For a self proclaimed footballing revolutionary stating the obvious is a massive letdown. And we had such high hopes after the 5 at the back idea. 

“We’re not as good as we used to be”

- Chripper 2019

*pinned post

Am I correct?

Edited by Chripper

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Haha. Aye you’re correct. Just like every other Scotland fan who’s been saying the same. 

Do, you're trying to score points off me going off a point that you agree with?

I don't see every other Scotland fan saying that. I'm reading Scotland fans saying that we've turned the corner. I'm reading opinions by Scotland fans that our midfield is strong and that we have good players coming through.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The argument could also be we're not as bad as we used to be, which is usually what it is in the pub until your glass is half empty.

True.

Personally I just think Scotland fans have been so starved of any success (qualification) that they're willing to see shoots of improvement, even though they aren't really there.

My opinion is that Scottish football is rotten, from root to branch. So much so that I think we'll never see a successful qualification campaign again.

Sorry but I just found you stating Souness was better than Shinnie to be pretty funny, as if anyone needs to be told our current squad is weaker than the teams of the 70s/80s

So, that's your endgame? Telling me that you found me stating Souness was better than Shinnie to be pretty funny?

Couldn't you have just said that in the first place?

It's not just the 70s/80's, though. It's also the 90's. The 90's team under Craig Brown would pummel this team. A midfield of Lambert, McAllister and Collins vs our current midfield. They'd murder us. </more obvious comments>

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

So, that's your endgame? Telling me that you found me stating Souness was better than Shinnie to be pretty funny?

Couldn't you have just said that in the first place?

It's not just the 70s/80's, though. It's also the 90's. The 90's team under Craig Brown would pummel this team. A midfield of Lambert, McAllister and Collins vs our current midfield. They'd murder us. </more obvious comments>

I thought it was pretty obvious, we got there in the end. 

I thought it was pretty obvious, we got there in the end. 

You're obviously just backtracking.

Why have you taken all this time to disagree with me if you actually agree with me? I mean, couldn't you just say "I agree", instead of wasting hours of your life?

Doesn't explain why you called me a wanker, though.

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Why have you taken all this time to disagree with me if you actually agree with me? I mean, couldn't you just say "I agree", instead of wasting hours of your life?

Not backtracking. I’ve explained why. 

Some of your earlier patter in this thread was fairly wankerish

18 hours ago, Chripper said:

Maybe because you're a wanker?