U19's v Spain - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U19's v Spain

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

I don't know what's going on with this lad because his goalscoring record at youth level for Scotland and Celtic is fantastic. I know all players develop at different stages but Celtic are crying out for a proper goalscorer up top just now to replace Griffiths does this lad not deserve a chance. 

20 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I don't know what's going on with this lad because his goalscoring record at youth level for Scotland and Celtic is fantastic. I know all players develop at different stages but Celtic are crying out for a proper goalscorer up top just now to replace Griffiths does this lad not deserve a chance. 

A journalist should at least ask the question. 

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

He probably deserves a chance at Celtic but the difference between youth football and the first team is pretty big imo. Chances of him making it at Celtic are slim when they can get loan deals such as weah and are signing strikers like Édouard for 9m. But he is still only 18 so hopefully he can get some game time soon and we can see if he might make it as a decent striker.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He probably deserves a chance at Celtic but the difference between youth football and the first team is pretty big imo. Chances of him making it at Celtic are slim when they can get loan deals such as weah and are signing strikers like Édouard for 9m. But he is still only 18 so hopefully he can get some game time soon and we can see if he might make it as a decent striker.

Yeah I really hope so, the only thing that worries me is he may lack a yard of pace for the top level, but his close control, movement, anticipation and finishing are fantastic. I suppose he is still small for his age so perhaps that has held him back for now. He didn't pull up an trees at his recent loan clubs either but that doesn't really mean he's not a player as different players thrive in different environments recent eg Scott McKenna or Olly Burke

7 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ha, I wondered why Aitchison wasn't in the Alloa squad today.

He seems to be consistently good for the national team but just can't catch light at club level. I now doubt he'll make it at Celtic. Probably destined to be a solid spfl prem forward but not much more. Might get a few caps along the way though.

28 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Ha, I wondered why Aitchison wasn't in the Alloa squad today.

He seems to be consistently good for the national team but just can't catch light at club level. I now doubt he'll make it at Celtic. Probably destined to be a solid spfl prem forward but not much more. Might get a few caps along the way though.

I don’t think the clip is about Aitchison. It’s aboot keep baw against Spain.

10 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t think the clip is about Aitchison. It’s aboot keep baw against Spain.

Yeah I know - I just noticed Aitchison scored our goal. Had checked the Alloa lineup earlier yesterday and wondered why he wasn't in their squad.

But re the clip: very impressive. Good quick and adventurous passing under pressure!

Edited by Rude Gullit