Safe Standing - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Tell that to all the other managers in the Premier League.  Just saying like.  Football players and managers who played the game hate playing on plastic.  But, hey ho.

FFS. RH, it's about Safe Standing, it has absolutely nothing to do with the pitch. That is a completely another matter. If you spent more time replying with input to the topic, rather than going off topic on something else, folk would take you more serious. Not having a go at you mate, just seeing it for what it is... 🙂 

8 hours ago, ibelieve!!! said:

What’s the teething problems?

There are still issues with over crowding, not dangerously over crowded but over crowded none the less. It's pretty easy to get into the section without a standing ticket. All you need is someone who does have a standing ticket to come down to the concourse, give you a standing ticket and you show that to security at the bottom of the stairs and you're in. From what I understand the club are looking at the best way to try and combat it, but it's not an easy thing to resolve.

10 minutes ago, Mox said:

Mostly the boozing, but I've seen numerous people being chucked out for it in recent months and bans have been handed out by all accounts.

My mates are in there and they said daft cunts are leaving empties under the seats which means the cops just zoom in on CCTV next game and target them and catch them in the act.

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My mates are in there and they said daft cunts are leaving empties under the seats which means the cops just zoom in on CCTV next game and target them and catch them in the act.

That's exactly it. It's not that fucking difficult, if your that desperate for a drink during the game, to fire it into a coke bottle and at least make it slightly inconspicuous.

Edited by Mox

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Correct. 6 game bans have been handed out to several folk recently.

I'd say they actually had a result there tbh, could have easily banned them for life.

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

What about players in the lower leagues....do the PFA not care about their "safety"?

Complete non story.

But Craig believes all players and managers would welcome a ban because of the "inconsistency of artificial surfaces at the top level".

That's my fave bit.....has he seen the state of the some of the grass pitches compared to others?

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

DF484697-5D9B-404C-B37D-DA5EDD41CEB0.png

I think we will all have views on an artificial pitch.  Same way as artificial flowers and real flowers.  I don't know any players or ex-players who would prefer an artificial pitch to a real one.  I got roses today for Valentines for two of my burds and three barmaids.  Real ones.  No the burds obviously.  Or the barmaids.  But you get my point.  The argument about it only being for a community club like Kilmarnock is nonsense.  I want Scotland to compete against teams in Europe and abroad.  Scotland and Grass Forever.

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

FFS. RH, it's about Safe Standing, it has absolutely nothing to do with the pitch. That is a completely another matter. If you spent more time replying with input to the topic, rather than going off topic on something else, folk would take you more serious. Not having a go at you mate, just seeing it for what it is... 🙂 

My comment was about Kilmarnock trust spending money on the side of the park rather than on it.  Entirely relevant.  Good luck tonite big man 👍

I'd presume the Killie standing section would be likely to go in the stand across from the dugouts? That seems to be where the livelier fans gather already and I couldn't see them being behind the goal and given up 4 times a year for Celtic and the Govan Gretna.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

26 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'd presume the Killie standing section would be likely to go in the stand across from the dugouts? That seems to be where the livelier fans gather already and I couldn't see them being behind the goal and given up 4 times a year for Celtic and the Govan Gretna.

Aye, it'll be the section(s) next to the Chadwick.

My real concern about all of this is that these pitches do indeed seem to be dangerous, if the players are lucky enough to be in the top flight. 

If they’re not, then apparently the well being of players from the other 30 clubs that the pfa appear to represent, doesn’t really seem to matter. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

My real concern about all of this is that these pitches do indeed seem to be dangerous, if the players are lucky enough to be in the top flight. 

If they’re not, then apparently the well being of players from the other 30 clubs that the pfa appear to represent, doesn’t really seem to matter. 

#LeagueTwoLivesMatter