Safe Standing - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest faircity
26 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I hope it is for safe standing on the plastic pitch.  

Let's all join in. 

Cluck cluck gibber gibber my old man's a mushroom etcetera. Scotland forever. 

Was at Bayern v Schalke in the Allianz at the weekend there. 15,000 standing in the section behind the goals, flags and constant noise throughout. Looked immense, and I actually had tickets for that section but didn’t want to hold the wee man up for 90 mins just so he could see, so exchanged them!

The whole German fitba model is exceptional though - free public transport with your match ticket, beer at your seat, safe standing areas......🇩🇪👍🏼

38 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Was at Bayern v Schalke in the Allianz at the weekend there. 15,000 standing in the section behind the goals, flags and constant noise throughout. Looked immense, and I actually had tickets for that section but didn’t want to hold the wee man up for 90 mins just so he could see, so exchanged them!

The whole German fitba model is exceptional though - free public transport with your match ticket, beer at your seat, safe standing areas......🇩🇪👍🏼

And no plastic pitches.

Safe standing is a great (re) introduction.

summer football and reintroduction of alcohol in plastic containers, where selling is managed/controlled. I really think all these things would allow Scottish football to flourish in terms of a) gate revenue and match day sales and b) increased television revenue where Scottish football is not competing against English football for tv ratings (which informs the worth of our game to TV companies). We have a unique situation in this country (UK) where broadcasters pull out all the stops for the main league before slowly making a mere passing gesture to get the SPFL rights. 

and Killie's vertex pitch is the way forward for smaller community based clubs. Perhaps an upgrade to a synthetic-grass blend in the medium term but a facility for a smaller club for players to train on/youth teams to play on has so many advantages including costs. 

The re-introduction of grass parks would be a start. Killie are not a small community based club. They are one of our top clubs. A small community based football school where young folk can play and rent the ground out all year round yes.  Or a community centre. Not in our top flights. But hey ho thats just me being annoying agai isnt it? Have you guys and girls heard the opinions of just about every top manager in the game?

21 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The re-introduction of grass parks would be a start. Killie are not a small community based club. They are one of our top clubs. A small community based football school where young folk can play and rent the ground out all year round yes.  Or a community centre. Not in our top flights. But hey ho thats just me being annoying agai isnt it? Have you guys and girls heard the opinions of just about every top manager in the game?

Artificial surfaces, like grass ones, can be good or bad.

It's all down to how often they are used and how well, or not, they are maintained.

33 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Kilmarnock are a community based club, they have kids playing on that pitch every single night. Drive bye RP just now and the floodlights will be on and there will some sort of youth football on.

We have no training ground, we used to train in fucking Glasgow but we brought training back to Killie and the difference in the interation between the club, players and fans is amazing.

The pitch is getting relaid, we're spending guts of £1m on a new synthetic pitch. The current pitch has hosted several Scottish Rugby Internationals, it's UEFA compliant, we can play in Europe on it.

Hearts have a brand spanking new hybrid grass pitch and have an injury list the length of your arm. We've barely had an injury in 18 months. Worst injury was a head knock to Broadfoot. Should be ban grass too?

Give me a valid reason against synthetic pitches in the top flight?

37 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Kilmarnock's average attendances are around 5k. I believe that after cutting down their debt they fluctuate between small losses and 6 figure profits on an annual basis - squirrelhumper and co can perhaps confirm. They have a lot of community initiatives. Whether they are a "top club" based on current league position or performances doesn't mean they are not a small community based club like Motherwell. Obviously it depends on your study comparisons but I think that descriptions stands up to scrutiny.

If some players or managers or pundits or fans don't like it then their pitch they can take it up with the SPFL and FIFA. Otherwise Killie and other clubs are perfectly entitled to put down the surface they best considers suits their clubs needs as long as it is FIFA approved - as is the case at Rugby Park. 

I love the standing section at at Celtic Park, there's very little that can beat standing with your mates every second week watching your team.

There are still something teething problems, even two years on but it is something that every club in Scotland should be looking to introduce and it results in a much greater match going experience for fans and more importantly a better atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

I love the standing section at at Celtic Park, there's very little that can beat standing with your mates every second week watching your team.

There are still something teething problems, even two years on but it is something that every club in Scotland should be looking to introduce and it results in a much greater match going experience for fans and more importantly a better atmosphere.

The unofficial standing section at Pittodrie is great, I hope early can’t remember the last time I sat down at a game at home. Be at least 5 years ago when the bairn was younger, he loves it there too and rarely sits. 

Edited by dandydunn

7 hours ago, Mox said:

What’s the teething problems?