An offended Scotland fan - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

An offended Scotland fan

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed, the point is that some muppet is trying to blow up some shit storm out of absolutely nothing. 

Aye, loosely agree with the overall point, but question the motives of the individual in this case.

36 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think the point is you can’t wear jeans and a football top. 

Correct.

The point is that some ponce is being offended on behalf of women just to make himself look like some sort of knight in shining armour.

There's even women disagreeing with him and he's telling them they've been conditioned into thinking this sort of thing is ok. Basically telling them they're too stupid to think for themselves. That's your #everydaysexism.

Fucking specky wanker

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Many girls will wear a Scotland top with jeans, why should they be left out and told what the proper way to wear it is?

Guys tops are advertised by professional footballers or models posing as such. Pouts, ripped denims and wind blowing in a wind machine never feature. 

Why do this when advertising the woman's top unless you're a sexist twat that thinks that this is acceptable? 

Just because the guy raising the point has decided to go for a bit of fame off the back of it doesn't make his original point wrong. 

57 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’ve bought both my daughters many an aberdeen top, never once have they asked for shorts and socks to go with it. 

Do you own a top? Do you always wear the full kit? 

Why should women be treated differently? 

Are you suggesting your girls aren't allowed to play football? 

Your point is bollocks. 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed, the point is that some muppet is trying to blow up some shit storm out of absolutely nothing. 

Absolutely nothing? 

Id love to see you explain that to the Scotland Women's team. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Absolutely nothing? 

Id love to see you explain that to the Scotland Women's team. 

Do the Scotland women's team, and their fans, need a certain type of JD sports model to tell them the "correct" way to wear clothes?

Only a "sexist twat" would think that 

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Do the Scotland women's team, and their fans, need a certain type of JD sports model to tell them the "correct" way to wear clothes?

Only a "sexist twat" would think that 

Nope and if that's how you interpret what I've posted then you need to think just a wee bit harder. 

34 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Do you own a top? Do you always wear the full kit? 

Why should women be treated differently? 

Are you suggesting your girls aren't allowed to play football? 

Your point is bollocks. 

I went from saying there’s nothing in it to you thinking I suggested females shouldn’t play football? You’re a bit fucking mental I think. I have absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion. 

Anyway, fuck what they think, I’ve been denied access to my local curves gym on several applications, because I’m the wrong sex. They can’t have it both ways I’m afraid, some people want to seem all high and mighty standing up for women, but fail to see the flip side of things.

Btw, my wife agrees that I should be allowed access to said gym, but I can’t, sexism at its finest.

Give me a split arse in a fitba top and ripped jeans over one fully kitted up any day of the week  😍

Edited by dandydunn

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Many girls will wear a Scotland top with jeans, why should they be left out and told what the proper way to wear it is?

Because the proper way to wear it is without a pair of breeks on and a fucking can of 7up in his hand. 😂

20 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Because the proper way to wear it is without a pair of breeks on and a fucking can of 7up in his hand. 😂

What are the models like on that fake Asian site you buy your fitba tops from?

Do they have ladyboys with their cocks poking out their ripped jeans? 😆🤨

My guess is that a man is more likely to buy a Scotland top if it's modelled by a sportsman, rather than some bloke in a pair of jeans.

For women, maybe seeing the top as a potential fashion item is part of the market for that particular product. Sporty is one look, and casual another. So it could be there's just a different way clothes are marketed to different people, as the sports firm actually said. They're trying to sell to a wider market than professional footballers (and their dads)  

But who knows, what do actual women think? 

Edited by exile

57 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m not denying the guy is most likely a bell end, anyone that takes pleasure in getting this AD taken down is a bit special but that’s a provocative / sexy / whatever term you wanna use picture and appears to be marketed for the guys as much as the girls 

Anyone who calls it provocative is in the same category as those who think girls "are asking for it" when they go out to the dancing in short skirts imo.

5 hours ago, exile said:

My guess is that a man is more likely to buy a Scotland top if it's modelled by a sportsman, rather than some bloke in a pair of jeans.

For women, maybe seeing the top as a potential fashion item is part of the market for that particular product. Sporty is one look, and casual another. So it could be there's just a different way clothes are marketed to different people, as the sports firm actually said. They're trying to sell to a wider market than professional footballers (and their dads)  

But who knows, what do actual women think? 

Spot on especially your last sentence 😂

Edited by jcs