Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown. - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos's three game  ban is a result of accumulation of near misses he has had  throughout the season. The lad is a talent but he needs to sort his head out. He does play on the edge but he needs to be smarter. There are plenty of pros who can show him the way on that.  MacGregor can have no complaints. 

Just to be clear, Morelos 3 game ban is 2 for a straight red (violent conduct) and an additional one for 3 red cards in league.

This is the standard punishment.

Nothing to do with near misses. Although I think that may be the case with Mcgregor and won’t have helped Morelos appeal case.

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest faircity
41 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Agree that Magregor’s ban is justified and should’ve received a red card in the night. But I thought retrospective action could only be taken if ref never saw the incident?

Its not like the ref can claim he never saw it, he was looking straight at it! So I guess I was wrong?

I think they make it up as they go along. 

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos's three game  ban is a result of accumulation of near misses he has had  throughout the season. The lad is a talent but he needs to sort his head out. He does play on the edge but he needs to be smarter. There are plenty of pros who can show him the way on that.  MacGregor can have no complaints. 

Totally agree with that, Morelos has the potential to be a top striker but not until he cuts the mad stuff out, he’s no good to himself or club sitting in the stand. Mcgregors always had that in him, again a pity because he’s Scotland’s best keeper by a mile.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just to be clear, Morelos 3 game ban is 2 for a straight red (violent conduct) and an additional one for 3 red cards in league.

This is the standard punishment.

Nothing to do with near misses. Although I think that may be the case with Mcgregor and won’t have helped Morelos appeal case.

Is it not only 2 in the league, the 3rd was rescinded so I assume that’s not being counted towards his total for an additional ban. 

57 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Totally agree with that, Morelos has the potential to be a top striker but not until he cuts the mad stuff out, he’s no good to himself or club sitting in the stand. Mcgregors always had that in him, again a pity because he’s Scotland’s best keeper by a mile.

Derek Ferguson ( you know they guy they all used to hate until his son plays for Aberdeen?).  Anyway I digress. Look what he has commented today.  About Morelos that is.  

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You call me shagger once more and I will ………  Well.  Stop calling me that because of ma good looks.  The mods canny ban ye for that surely?

You canny get a nickname shagger for wanking all your life surely ? Likely into a sock....

33 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You call me shagger once more and I will ………  Well.  Stop calling me that because of ma good looks.  The mods canny ban ye for that surely?

Thought you were an EX player & now a manager, you need a team of head shrinks all to yourself, sorry yourselfs🤯🤯🤯

16 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Thought you were an EX player & now a manager, you need a team of head shrinks all to yourself, sorry yourselfs🤯🤯🤯

You get back in to that cell.  Or I will report you.  Just because I am in carstairs doesn't make me mental.  Well maybe it does but you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You get back in to that cell.  Or I will report you.  Just because I am in carstairs doesn't make me mental.  Well maybe it does but you know what I mean.

Being a delusional fud doesn’t get you admitted into carstairs, it’s all in your head🤯

18 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Is it not only 2 in the league, the 3rd was rescinded so I assume that’s not being counted towards his total for an additional ban. 

Correct. This latest red got him a two match ban. Because he’s been red carded in the same competition already this season, he receives an additional one match ban. Three in total. Same for McKenna. 

IMO Rangers were at it with the appeal. Trying to play the system, having a free hit at getting Morelos off the red card knowing there was no really likelihood of that happening.

There should be stiffer penalties if you appeal and fail. An extra games ban probably. Would make teams think twice before chancing their arm and wasting SFA time.

7 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Aye, it's frothy man 😆

RH why dae you agree wae what Tam Cowan says but keep this thread going? Only asking like. 

Look at all my posts bonzo.  I agreed with Tam Cowan yesterday because fans get their knickers in a twist about every tackle these days.  Probably social media and the like while at games.  Then they want to report referees, have a summit... and the list goes on.  Get a life (not you).  Referees make mistakes all over the world.  That is my point and so far nobody on here has agreed with me.  When people make mistakes you try and improve it.  All I have said on here is that we should have full time officials and the use of VAR.  It's not rocket science.  

I now expect a barrage of abuse for being a Hun, so get yer tin hat on.  Time for church anyway.

12 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I agree with what you are saying.,but this game is now in the record books folk are going to girn about it because that's what they do.

Are you needing your head checked tae?  The girning must continue.  I see on the other thread there is a photo with a boot being stuck in a Rangers players head.  The guy defending the picture who is not a Killie fan btw says it's hard to tell from a still picture and he may have been looking at the ball.  I played football and if you put your fit up that high there is a wee thing call dangerous play.  But don't let that girn the girners.  Because they are right and won't ever be compromised on anything against the Huns.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Look at all my posts bonzo.  I agreed with Tam Cowan yesterday because fans get their knickers in a twist about every tackle these days.  Probably social media and the like while at games.  Then they want to report referees, have a summit... and the list goes on.  Get a life (not you).  Referees make mistakes all over the world.  That is my point and so far nobody on here has agreed with me.  When people make mistakes you try and improve it.  All I have said on here is that we should have full time officials and the use of VAR.  It's not rocket science.  

I now expect a barrage of abuse for being a Hun, so get yer tin hat on.  Time for church anyway.

Everyone seems to agree that refs make mistakes, but they seem to make a lot more that favours 2 clubs than anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Everyone seems to agree that refs make mistakes, but they seem to make a lot more that favours 2 clubs than anyone else. 

Probably.  But the big two in Scotland because of financial muscle are in the box more often DD.  I would love the Scottish game to go a financial limit on buying players.  I think they do that in America but not sure how it works.  Look at England.  Probably the highest paid players in the world.  But you guys and most of my mates who are real supporters (I am presuming you still go by the way but it doesn't matter if you don't).  The game that we all love needs to change.  I am going to start my own summit and ask you and Big Ramy to be my right hand men.