Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown. - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown.

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

BBC say rangers appealing Morelos red card, football in Scotland's doomed if its rescinded. 

Serious question, why would we be doomed? I've now watched the incident quite a few times and I think it's a 50-50 on Morelos red. 

McKenna's is a stick on red card. Retaliation and blatent at that. 

Morelos definitely thinks about sticking the boot in but he just doesn't follow through on the intention. Now intent can get you sent off but I'd say there's a decent chance it could get sold as lifting his boot to avoid standing on McKenna. It's not corrupt, it's using the situation to sell your defence. I think it'll be downgraded to yellow. 

13 minutes ago, Debian said:

Morelos is a certain to get rescinded.  Scottish Football is corrupt to the core if he isn't.

The question is ... will the decision be made on Friday night, to resolve the issue ahead of the cup tie, or will there be some unavoidable delay in the process until after the weekend, resulting in Morelos playing against Killie ....

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I always laugh at people getting sucked in by his shit. I'm not a keen listener, it's on in our office. I used to like Jim Whites show and the Irish lad Colin something before him but now its all utter garbage 

Colin Murray. Yep, he was very good but when the station was bought by the company that owns the Sun he quit as he wouldn't work for them, being a Liverpool supporter. 

Hawksbee and Jacobs can be good but it's not as good as it used to be. 

21 minutes ago, faircity said:

No, you claimed they choke. 

I accused you of taking heroin? I really think I didn't. 

I look silly? You are the one who claims to be a purest. Now that is silly. Now off you pop, you are boring me. 

They have. Scottish cup final (2017) against Celtic. Aberdeen should've won that match.

Oh really? Chripper, is it true that methadone rots your teeth?  

Explain that one away.

That's it? "Now off you pop"? That was a rather toothless riposte. Do you want to say something about "Freddie Firestick", "arses", "pish" or "keich"? How about "methadone"? I would seriously suggest that you crack open a book, even if it's just a dictionary or a thesaurus, as you aren't going to win any debates if you keep playing by your very limited and sophomoric playbook.

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The question is ... will the decision be made on Friday night, to resolve the issue ahead of the cup tie, or will there be some unavoidable delay in the process until after the weekend, resulting in Morelos playing against Killie ....

Hearing is tomorrow. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Colin Murray. Yep, he was very good but when the station was bought by the company that owns the Sun he quit as he wouldn't work for them, being a Liverpool supporter. 

Hawksbee and Jacobs can be good but it's not as good as it used to be. 

Are hawksbee and jacobs the two that take the piss out of alan Brazil for not being able to string a sentence together?

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Tomorrow day time.  It'll be sorted and he'll be cleared.   

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Are hawksbee and jacobs the two that take the piss out of alan Brazil for not being able to string a sentence together?

Yep, every week they murder him on their "Clips of the week". It's one of the best features. 

McCoist is also now doing the breakfast show on a Friday. 😕

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Serious question, why would we be doomed? I've now watched the incident quite a few times and I think it's a 50-50 on Morelos red. 

Morelos definitely thinks about sticking the boot in but he just doesn't follow through on the intention. Now intent can get you sent off but I'd say there's a decent chance it could get sold as lifting his boot to avoid standing on McKenna. It's not corrupt, it's using the situation to sell your defence. I think it'll be downgraded to yellow. 

I thought they both had a go at each other. What contact there was from either player is debatable. At first glance I thought Morelos stamped on McKenna but hardly to tell on replays how much contact was actually made. 

IMO it would be difficult to rescind one and not the other.

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He put his studs down McKennas inner thigh then made a second movement to push down on McKennas groin, McKenna then retaliated by trying to kick him in the face, even if no contact was made that’s still a red as was Morelos’s. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yep, every week they murder him on their "Clips of the week". It's one of the best features. 

McCoist is also now doing the breakfast show on a Friday. 😕

Haven't heard mccoist yet, I tend to listen to podcasts in the morning. I can imagine he plays on his cheeky chappy reputation 

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

I think the cause of that is Lager and Vodka 

Probably correct, his party line used to be how great he was at drinking,I can't imagine him having changed much.

19 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I thought they both had a go at each other. What contact there was from either player is debatable. At first glance I thought Morelos stamped on McKenna but hardly to tell on replays how much contact was actually made. 

IMO it would be difficult to rescind one and not the other.

Aberdeen aren't appealing McKenna's red.

For reasons I've never completely understood and don't agree with, retaliation always seems to be treated more harshly than the original incident even when it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.   How often have you seem the initial aggressor get a yellow and then the player who retaliates getting a straight red. 

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

For the simple reason both players deserved their reds cards for violent play. But they set a precedence when Morelos got one rescinded earlier in the season for an off the ball kick. Waste of time having refs if correct red cards are later rescinded.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

For reasons I've never completely understood and don't agree with, retaliation always seems to be treated more harshly than the original incident even when it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.   How often have you seem the initial aggressor get a yellow and then the player who retaliates getting a straight red. 

Aberdeen know both were reds & hopefully won’t try to screw the system like rangers have done many times. 

23 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

He put his studs down McKennas inner thigh then made a second movement to push down on McKennas groin, McKenna then retaliated by trying to kick him in the face, even if no contact was made that’s still a red as was Morelos’s. 

I'm not saying your wrong but it's debatable how much effort morelos put into the stamp. He definitely started off intending to do McKenna I think. Its just easier to cast doubt on Morelos efforts. 

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don’t think a definitive decision has been made on that yet has it?

If Morelos hadn’t had a red card rescinded earlier in the season on the basis he was provoked, then there would be no point in Aberdeen appealing.  However, he did, the precedent has presumably been set and McKenna was clearly provoked.......

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Haven't heard mccoist yet, I tend to listen to podcasts in the morning. I can imagine he plays on his cheeky chappy reputation 

Probably correct, his party line used to be how great he was at drinking,I can't imagine him having changed much.

Your estimate of Coisty is fairly accurate I'd say. 😁

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I don’t think a definitive decision has been made on that yet has it?

If Morelos hadn’t had a red card rescinded earlier in the season on the basis he was provoked, then there would be no point in Aberdeen appealing.  However, he did, the precedent has presumably been set and McKenna was clearly provoked.......

It's just been reported, but then again it was on the BBC so who knows how truthful that is .

22 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

For the simple reason both players deserved their reds cards for violent play. But they set a precedence when Morelos got one rescinded earlier in the season for an off the ball kick. Waste of time having refs if correct red cards are later rescinded.

Sorry but you saying they deserved them isn't much of an argument. If you're the SFA rep at the hearing then I'd say he's getting off. 

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Chripper said:

They have. Scottish cup final (2017) against Celtic. Aberdeen should've won that match.

Oh really? Chripper, is it true that methadone rots your teeth?  

Explain that one away.

That's it? "Now off you pop"? That was a rather toothless riposte. Do you want to say something about "Freddie Firestick", "arses", "pish" or "keich"? How about "methadone"? I would seriously suggest that you crack open a book, even if it's just a dictionary or a thesaurus, as you aren't going to win any debates if you keep playing by your very limited and sophomoric playbook.

They always choke and you provide an example of a cup final a couple of seasons ago against a team who are considerably better and richer. By that logic every side in Scotland barring Celtic are chokers as nobody is able to stop them winning every trophy available. 

Im still waiting for the heroin part. 

There is a village somewhere one short. 

Actually it's kinda spooky that whenever you go on here a certain other poster goes quiet. 

Edited by faircity

On 2/6/2019 at 5:33 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

The better together derby

23 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And not fair in front of a half empty aberdeen stand. Will probably be totally empty in a few minutes. Giruy. Half empty. Embarrassing.

Aberdeen & Aberdeenshire are sadly no different than the rest of the country (take a walk round Peterhead, Fraserburgh or Torry if you don't believe  me). On top of that walk into any oil company in town and there are more weegies, scousers & geordies than locals - guess who they support & how they voted in 2014??

18 minutes ago, faircity said:

They always choke and you provide an example of a cup final a couple of seasons ago against a team who are considerably better and richer. By that logic every side in Scotland barring Celtic are chokers as nobody is able to stop them winning every trophy available. 

Im still waiting for the heroin part. 

There is a village somewhere one short. 

Actually it's kinda spooky that whenever you go on here a certain other poster goes quiet. 

I could cite the matches against Burnley, or am I just allowed to mention matches where Aberdeen are playing against teams of the same budget? 

You're still waiting on the heroin part? I posted a link. Click on it. It's the second last comment. You asked if methadone rots the teeth. Oh wait, do you think me a doctor?

Yeah, but I'm sure they have your number.

Who? What are you talking about now? Right. Here are the facts. I make a comment. You call me names and unleash childish insults and all of a sudden I'm an alias. Right. Makes sense. Here's a tip, if you don't want a theoretical spanking, don't start with me. Got it?

Edited by Chripper

Guest faircity
1 minute ago, Chripper said:

I could cite the matches against Burnley, or am I just allowed to mention matches where Aberdeen are playing against teams of the same budget? 

You're still waiting on the heroin part? I posted a link. Click on it. It's the second last comment. You asked if methadone rots the teeth. Oh wait, do you think me a doctor?

Yeah, but I'm sure they have your number.

Who? What are you talking about now? Right. Here are the facts. I make a comment. You call me names and unleash childish insults and all of a sudden I'm an alias. Right. Makes sense.

They choked against Burnley? 

Hahahaha. You win.