Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown. - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown.

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

This "hell-for-leather" 90mph style that McInnes likes is pretty much the reason why they always choke. Aberdeen under McInnes reminds me of the 90's Wimbledon. It's not an attractive style of play.

Football should be played on the deck.

I think that's a wee bit unfair.ย  Aberdeen played some decent stuff in spells, they just ran out of ideas in the final third when it mattered (and Rangers defended relatively well).

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think that's a wee bit unfair.ย  Aberdeen played some decent stuff in spells, they just ran out of ideas in the final third when it mattered (and Rangers defended relatively well).

In the second half they definitely had 15-20 minute spell when they were trying to play a little bit more, and it's no coincidence that that's when they were battering Rangers. They have Shinnie, GMS and Ferguson, three very good footballers, so I'd just wish they generally played it on the deck a little bit more than see where it took them.

Shinnie was absolutely superb.ย 

Probably about the most upbeat I've ever been leaving an old firm defeat.ย  Thought the Dons were superb for the majority of the second half and deserved at least a point.ย  Shinnie, Stewart, GMS and Ferguson were very good. Even Madden was slightly less sh1t than anticipated.ย 

Goldson was offside for the Rangers' penalty and that's whyย McKenna had his hand in the air.ย  Naive by McKennaย but the linesman got it wrong coupled withย theย free kick being awarded forย aย clear Morelos dive.

We all know without any doubt whatsoever that McGregor is a total khunt and that he fully intended to leave his studs on and try and hurt Ferguson.ย  However, not sure Madden could be blamed for not giving anything at the time.ย  Upon review, I fully anticipated the CO claiming, yet again, that there is insufficient evidence for any retrospective action against McGregor.

McKenna was provoked and therefore the red will be rescinded - we have recent precedent (funnily enough, involving the same two players).ย  Morelos is a very good player.ย  Shame he's an utter shambles of a human and will continue to be a liability to Rangers. I can't see his red being overturned.

Logan had another shocker for us.ย  We need Devlin fit and a back four of Lowe, McKenna, Devlin andย Hoban.

Goldson is a very good player in this league, he defended well throughout and he's pretty comfy of the ball.ย  Arfield is good going forward.ย  Always liked McRorie - physical and athletic.ย  Rangers left back is as bad as I've seen, Stewart continually going past him like he wasn't there.ย  It's actually a pity Halliday wasn't playingย because that could have been another red card!

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearing tomorrow night.

If he wins that appeal then the SFA can ram their season ticket for the Euros.

Beyond corrupt.

Club & player should get hammered if they lose the appeal but got previous success for shamelessly cheating the appeals process.ย 

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, Chripper said:

This "hell-for-leather" 90mph style that McInnes likes is pretty much the reason why they always choke. Aberdeen under McInnes reminds me of the 90's Wimbledon. It's not an attractive style of play.

Football should be played on the deck.

Okay Freddie Firestick, how do they choke?

Losing against Celtic, budget wise it's probably similar to Rotherham losing to Spurs. Do Celtic choke when they regularly get their arses felt by the big guns in Europe?ย 

Losing to Rangers once in 4, who have a significantly higher budget. Can't really be classed as choking surely. Maybe the built in firestick dictionary needs adjusting or perhaps Alexa has misinformed you but allow me, you are talking pish.ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, faircity said:

Okay Freddie Firestick, how do they choke?

Losing against Celtic, budget wise it's probably similar to Rotherham losing to Spurs. Do Celtic choke when they regularly get their arses felt by the big guns in Europe?ย 

Losing to Rangers once in 4, who have a significantly higher budget. Can't really be classed as choking surely. Maybe the built in firestick dictionary needs adjusting or perhaps Alexa has misinformed you but allow me, you are talking pish.ย 

ย 

There is a way to lose, and Aberdeen under McInnes play a basic long ball game. Don't believe me? Watch them.

I'm not knocking it. Far from it. It's been successful and I applaud McInnes and his coaches and players for doing so well at it. Personally, I'm a purest. I understand why you're saying what you're saying, as Scottish football is blood-and-thunder, but allow me to go on record that I prefer a more continental approach.

See that? A post that doesn't include insults that wouldn't look out of place in a primary school playground. Take note.

ย 

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

There is a way to lose, and Aberdeen under McInnes play a basic long ball game. Don't believe me? Watch them.

I'm not knocking it. Far from it. It's been successful and I applaud McInnes and his coaches and players for doing so well at it. Personally, I'm a purest. I understand why you're saying what you're saying, as Scottish football is blood-and-thunder, but allow me to go on record that I prefer a more continental approach.

See that? A post that doesn't include insults that wouldn't look out of place in a primary school playground. Take note.

ย 

I don't think it's possible for a Hamilton fan to be a purest.

Bigger bunch of hammer throwers you'll struggle to find!

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think it's possible for a Hamilton fan to be a purest.

Bigger bunch of hammer throwers you'll struggle to find!

I wouldn't disagree if I could.

I'm not the manager, though, so to associate me with the football ideals of Brian Rice or Martin Canning is a tad unfair.

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Chripper said:

ย 

Okay thanks for that, no idea what your response was in relation to but what about the choking?ย 

Guest faircity
8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Well, whatever you like to get up to in your spare time is completely up to you.

That doesn't even make sense Freddie.ย 

You respond with drivel and ignore the part where you are pulled for talking keich.ย 

ย 

15 minutes ago, faircity said:

That doesn't even make sense Freddie.ย 

You respond with drivel and ignore the part where you are pulled for talking keich.ย 

ย 

It doesn't? It was an erotic asphyxiation joke. Doubt you'd get it, though, as your insults suggest that you might still be of school age.

Why the hell do you keep calling me Freddie? Because it has the same first letter as a Firestick? You know that I didn't invent the Firestick, don't you? Do you think I'm the only one who has one?

I respond with drivel? What, you mean that Aberdeen should adopt a more continental and patient approach? Yes. That's absurd. Who wants to watch Barcelona when you can watch a match where the ball spends more time in the air than it does on the ground.

I suggest you stop the insults as you aren't very good at it. You look rather silly. And I remember that one accusation of me taking heroin. That was really strange. And that one insult suggests to me that you simply do not have the cerebral capabilities to engage. You hit the most common stereotype about Scots, a negative stereotype that English people use to bash Scottish people. I hope you really feel proud about sinking to such depths.

Edited by Chripper

Guest faircity
50 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It doesn't? It was an erotic asphyxiation joke. Doubt you'd get it, though, as your insults suggest that you might still be of school age.

Why the hell do you keep calling me Freddie? Because it has the same first letter as a Firestick? You know that I didn't invent the Firestick, don't you? Do you think I'm the only one who has one?

I respond with drivel? What, you mean that Aberdeen should adopt a more continental and patient approach? Yes. That's absurd. Who wants to watch Barcelona when you can watch a match where the ball spends more time in the air than it does on the ground.

I suggest you stop the insults as you aren't very good at it. You look rather silly. And I remember that one accusation of me taking heroin. That was really strange. And that one insult suggests to me that you simply do not have the cerebral capabilities to engage. You hit the most common stereotype about Scots, a negative stereotype that English people use to bash Scottish people. I hope you really feel proud about sinking to such depths.

No, you claimed they choke.ย 

I accused you of taking heroin? I really think I didn't.ย 

I look silly? You are the one who claims to be a purest. Now that is silly. Now off you pop, you are boring me.ย 

for anyone looking for a laugh, look no further than talksport tonight, apparently the topic is Aberdeen's only plan was to get Morelos sent off and Stevie G has revolutionised Scottish football. Some daft scottish fans have fell for Durham's wind up too

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

for anyone looking for a laugh, look no further than talksport tonight, apparently the topic is Aberdeen's only plan was to get Morelos sent off and Stevie G has revolutionised Scottish football. Some daft scottish fans have fell for Durham's wind up too

You should never feed the trolls and you won't find a bigger one than Durham.ย 

Guest faircity
3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Tamb bridge must have some span to house the sheer numbers of them that frequent here. Durham has serious competition.ย 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I always laugh at people getting sucked in by his shit. I'm not a keen listener, it's on in our office. I used to like Jim Whites show and the Irish lad Colin something before him but now its all utter garbageย