Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown. - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Rangers - the official fans meltdown.

9 minutes ago, Mitre said:

No chance of either

Your probably right as it looked like Morales swung an arm first before the leg tangle. He is a naive bellend for getting involved. He needs to stop looking at the players and concentrate on the ball more.

Edited by The White Ceelo

Better team lost the game, but unfortunately, being better doesnt count unless you score the chances. 

Camt comment on the red cards as they were the other side and I was speaking to someone when the Huns got the pen, but the consensus seems it was harsh, but probably right. Dons pen was a stick on, mcgregor should’ve walked and Morelos is an absolute cunt. 

Oh aye, and there was some utter bellends in the Aberdeen support tonight, approx 8 seconds into the game when the Durrant song came out. Glad they won’t be at the rest of the games this season apart from the Celtic one. 

Seen some highlights now but to be fair there were no replays, so some opinions may change once I see them back again and on a bigger screen. 

Rangers penalty is a bit unfortunate for the defender but in todays game its a stick on. 

Aberdeen penalty was impossible to see as the highlights basically glitches at that point. Couldn't see what happened and it didnt actually include the penalty itself. 

McKenna's red is totally correct. He retaliated and lashed out. 

Morelos red was probably right as the instigator although he really only pushed McKenna over. Possible stamp, which was hard to make out on the highlights I watched, so possibly that's what earned him the red. 

The McGregor one was also hard to see as it was a wide shot which on a 5 inch screen doesn't lend itself to detail. I'll reserve comment until seen clearer but McGregor has previous. 

Very happy with the win though. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Better team lost the game, but unfortunately, being better doesnt count unless you score the chances. 

Camt comment on the red cards as they were the other side and I was speaking to someone when the Huns got the pen, but the consensus seems it was harsh, but probably right. Dons pen was a stick on, mcgregor should’ve walked and Morelos is an absolute cunt. 

Oh aye, and there was some utter bellends in the Aberdeen support tonight, approx 8 seconds into the game when the Durrant song came out. Glad they won’t be at the rest of the games this season apart from the Celtic one. 

Good post DD.  And I thought Aberdeen played really well.  Definitately the better team in 2nd half.  But I honestly thought it was a really good game.  Rangers got the breaks.  If Rangers appeal the red for Morelos even I will be embarrassed.  Mixed feelings over McGregor one.  He is a dirty bugger and leaves the studs in any time he can.  I used to hate goalies so always got my retaliation in first.  But, Aberdeen did play really well.  Brilliant league apart from Hibs always lying down to Cellic.  (Kidding, Down the slope).  Great league.

Guest faircity
6 hours ago, macy37 said:

Remember the Huns once actually chased Del Boy for the job? Incredible luck that they failed to land Scotland’s serial bottle merchant.

Shaggers incident never a red by the way.

I shall bite. Explain why it was "never a red" please. 

3 minutes ago, faircity said:

I shall bite too.  I think it was.  McKinnes response post match on the game was perfect and summed the game up well.  Aberdeen should stick with him.  No slagging of players or refs.  The way it should be.  Aberdeen had a great game but Rangers got the breaks.  Morelos is a great player and stands out from everyone on a park.  As McKiness says, he should keep to concentrating on the ball instead of players.  But certainly a huge talent in a game now where there a lot of good players in our game.

1 minute ago, faircity said:

It was all momentum. In the case of both players. I don’t see any unnatural movement while he slides out to collect the ball. In what was is he supposed to come out? Head first? It’s nothing  more that a collision.

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It was all momentum. In the case of both players. I don’t see any unnatural movement while he slides out to collect the ball. In what was is he supposed to come out? Head first? It’s nothing  more that a collision.

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I disagree with it in its entirety though. 

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I kind of agree with you Macy.  Goalies have to go and win the ball.  And McGregor is a fantastic goalie.  But he has that mean streak in his eye!  You agree?

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

And well done DD for mentioning the Ian Durrant thing with some of your support.  When I was young I remember in the enclosure at Ibrox and some were singing about the Munich air disaster.  Never understood why people can do that.  Hopefully they will be weeded out and get some education.  But well done last night mate and please don't think I am being condascening.  Aberdeen are a right good side and were unlucky last night.  Rangers are not bad too but not the finished article enough to win the league.

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I kind of agree with you Macy.  Goalies have to go and win the ball.  And McGregor is a fantastic goalie.  But he has that mean streak in his eye!  You agree?

He has however you can’t get sent off for that. 

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The Durrant game was probably the last one those ignorant numpties went to, need to crawl back into the dark hole they came from :hammer: 

Rangers supporter I work beside was going on about Gerrard embracing Shinnie at the end of the game, never noticed it myself, but he reckons Shinnie has agreed to join Rangers at the end of the season.

I assume he’s talking shite as usual, is he? 

9 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Rangers supporter I work beside was going on about Gerrard embracing Shinnie at the end of the game, never noticed it myself, but he reckons Shinnie has agreed to join Rangers at the end of the season.

I assume he’s talking shite as usual, is he? 

I didn't see the incident but have seen a few people mention it.  I'd assume it was just Gerrard praising/appreciating Shinnie for having a cracking game.