Referees - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great article by Stevie G.  Referees are an important part of the game and should get more support.  They are humans make make mistakes in every game.  Just like the players do.  Managers should be careful of what they say post match.  Tell me if you agree. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-opens-up-rangers-13957921

Is that the same Stevie G that had a go at the refs after his first game here???? 

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

The refs assistants don't even flag which way a throw in should go until they see the ref pointing & they very rarely draw the refs attention to incidents which he might have missed or got wrong. The officials don't work as a team which is a pity as 3 sets of eyes should certainly see most incidents between them.

This is the most pertinent point, the officials, despite there being three of them there, work as individuals and there is a culture of fear that drives them, highlighted perfectly by the example that you refer to with regards to throw ins.

I've been going to football regularly in this country for 14 of the last 19 years and almost without fail at every game the linesman is there too give offside and nothing more, which is completely counter intuitive to what they as a whole can do if they work as a team.

I'd also ask anyone going to games tonight or watching the TV game, keep an eye on how many times referees are desperate to give a foul without letting the play develop and play advantage, perpetuated by fear and structure. They've little personality, they are jobs worths and they cannot take incidents and passages of play at face value, they are an amateur bunch and have been for years.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

I'd also ask anyone going to games tonight or watching the TV game, keep an eye on how many times referees are desperate to give a foul without letting the play develop and play advantage, perpetuated by fear and structure. They've little personality, they are jobs worths and they cannot take incidents and passages of play at face value, they are an amateur bunch and have been for years.

That’s exactly the sort of folk the police recruit.

:lol:

Robots that follow rules without question with no consideration for context etc.

I know everyone does it, but tonight was as extreme as I’ve seen. 2-3 times, Huns had a throw in in their own half, player was told to stop moving forward and actually took the throw from the Aberdeen half. Why do they tell them to stop, but just allow it to happen anyway. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I know everyone does it, but tonight was as extreme as I’ve seen. 2-3 times, Huns had a throw in in their own half, player was told to stop moving forward and actually took the throw from the Aberdeen half. Why do they tell them to stop, but just allow it to happen anyway. 

All players do it, same with where they take free kicks.

I don't think Madden was that good last night, he got the penalty decisions spot on and the two reds but he completely ignored Mcgregor's challenge on Ferguson. I also think he could have done more to defuse the Morelos v McKenna situation, it was clear in the first half what Morelos had planned, foul the defender every time a high ball came up to him. He did it three times before he was warned yet Logan received a booking for one foul.

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think Madden was that good last night, he got the penalty decisions spot on and the two reds but he completely ignored Mcgregor's challenge on Ferguson. I also think he could have done more to defuse the Morelos v McKenna situation, it was clear in the first half what Morelos had planned, foul the defender every time a high ball came up to him. He did it three times before he was warned yet Logan received a booking for one foul.

And the squash and tennis player from middle England has an opinion on the Scottish game.  The ref completely ignored a challenge.  Stick to squash son.  The drinking kind.

26 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And the squash and tennis player from middle England has an opinion on the Scottish game.  The ref completely ignored a challenge.  Stick to squash son.  The drinking kind.

are you mentally disabled?

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

What a total moron you are. Pathetic that you are allowed to post your shite but this board will be dead soon and you will have to find another site for your trolling. Mods have given up and so have i. Enjoy your cheap thrills you sad sad man

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

From the armchair fan, an expert in everything kid :!:

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

What a total moron you are. Pathetic that you are allowed to post your shite but this board will be dead soon and you will have to find another site for your trolling. Mods have given up and so have i. Enjoy your cheap thrills you sad sad man

I knew people who started this board. And it is people like you why they left. The total moron is a new one though. This board didnt die.but not to people like you.

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The only reason i am an armchair fan kid is because i played the game and now manage. Sorry if that gets in the way 

Sorry for the lack of respect shown to you sir, come to think of it you do remind me of Mark McGhee :banghead: