Referees - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great article by Stevie G.  Referees are an important part of the game and should get more support.  They are humans make make mistakes in every game.  Just like the players do.  Managers should be careful of what they say post match.  Tell me if you agree. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-opens-up-rangers-13957921

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great article by Stevie G.  Referees are an important part of the game and should get more support.  They are humans make make mistakes in every game.  Just like the players do.  Managers should be careful of what they say post match.  Tell me if you agree. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-opens-up-rangers-13957921

I think you and ‘Stevie G’ blether a power of absolute shite. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I think you and ‘Stevie G’ blether a power of absolute shite. 

I will take that as a compliment.  Refs are human.  Scottish ones are no worse than anywhere.  We should do what we can to support them.  If you don't agree with that then the standard will never rise.  But you may be in the conspiracy camp who thinks the refs are all masons.  Dallas had a poor game last week and everybody has accepted that.  Lets get VAR in to help.  And stop affecting the human beings who do a tough job.  I did it a couple of times and have been asked again for this season to help out.  Believe me, it's not easy.  The linesmen should be doing a lot more.  I don't really see what purpose they serve other than to signal for a shy.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

And the obscenities continue calling people names.  Do you get your shoes from action man?

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

This.

Always has been a snide cunt and he's only got worse now he's at a club of snide, bigoted cunts.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This.

Always has been a snide cunt and he's only got worse now he's at a club of snide, bigoted cunts.

And still the hatred in our game goes on.  No wonder we can't run our own country with hatred like this.  I happen to agree with Gerrard that the refs need to improve and help for the good of our game.  And the last 3 posters come out with name calling shit.  Disgusting behaviour.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And still the hatred in our game goes on.  No wonder we can't run our own country with hatred like this.  I happen to agree with Gerrard that the refs need to improve and help for the good of our game.  And the last 3 posters come out with name calling shit.  Disgusting behaviour.

And yet your club continues to thrive on bigotry and does fuck all to stop it yet you are offended by name calling.

You couldn't get a red neck with a blowtorch.

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And yet your club continues to thrive on bigotry and does fuck all to stop it yet you are offended by name calling.

You couldn't get a red neck with a blowtorch.

I dont call people names. Not with a blowtorch eithier. Thats your job. And likes of the people who have commented on this post. You hate rangers that much your sense of dignity loses it. Look at parklife. He despises anything to do with rangers. But also has not a good word to say about anything on here. Sad.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I will take that as a compliment.  Refs are human.  Scottish ones are no worse than anywhere.  We should do what we can to support them.  If you don't agree with that then the standard will never rise.  But you may be in the conspiracy camp who thinks the refs are all masons.  Dallas had a poor game last week and everybody has accepted that.  Lets get VAR in to help.  And stop affecting the human beings who do a tough job.  I did it a couple of times and have been asked again for this season to help out.  Believe me, it's not easy.  The linesmen should be doing a lot more.  I don't really see what purpose they serve other than to signal for a shy.

The refs assistants don't even flag which way a throw in should go until they see the ref pointing & they very rarely draw the refs attention to incidents which he might have missed or got wrong. The officials don't work as a team which is a pity as 3 sets of eyes should certainly see most incidents between them.

12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I dont call people names. Not with a blowtorch eithier. Thats your job. And likes of the people who have commented on this post. You hate rangers that much your sense of dignity loses it. Look at parklife. He despises anything to do with rangers. But also has not a good word to say about anything on here. Sad.

You lost the argument as soon as you put rangers & dignity in the same sentence.

I think Scottish football is losing its mind, if it had its mind in the first place.

Tom Boyd has come out and said claimed that it would take 100 years to balance out the injustices against Celtic. This is taking conspiracy levels to an entirely new level.

I've listened to Boyd commentate on about a dozen Celtic matches, so I'm not surprised by him saying that. In every single match, when Celtic don't get a decision, he claims that the referee in question is bias towards Celtic. Every single match.

I used to like Boyd as a player, for Motherwell, Celtic and Scotland, but as a person (and a commentator) I think he's been in Glasgow for too long. He should definitely get out more. Read books and educate himself. There's several loonies from both sides of the Old Firm, but I think Tom Boyd is the craziest.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I think Scottish football is losing its mind, if it had its mind in the first place.

Tom Boyd has come out and said claimed that it would take 100 years to balance out the injustices against Celtic. This is taking conspiracy levels to an entirely new level.

I've listened to Boyd commentate on about a dozen Celtic matches, so I'm not surprised by him saying that. In every single match, when Celtic don't get a decision, he claims that the referee in question is bias towards Celtic. Every single match.

I used to like Boyd as a player, for Motherwell, Celtic and Scotland, but as a person (and a commentator) I think he's been in Glasgow for too long. He should definitely get out more. Read books and educate himself. There's several loonies from both sides of the Old Firm, but I think Tom Boyd is the craziest.

Must be a genetic thing with Boyd's & stupidity.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Well i actually like scottish football. I got some bites here today from bigots that hate rangers more than they love their own team or scottish football in general. Scotland Forever.

I think Bigotry is part of the reason a lot of people hate Rangers so much.

I’m sure you’ll agree with that. :ok:

(Whose Bigotry is another matter...)