Skye - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Skye

Squirrelhumper

Use the bridge one way, but fork out for the Kylrhea ferry the other.   It opens at Easter only if the weather is ok.   The mainland drive from it is interesting too.

If you like hillwalking, then Bla Bheinn is great.   Would not recommend any Skye mountains for beginners though.   I nearly ruined my day with the route I picked off it.

The Sligachan hotel has 400 malts to try.   The scenery in Trotternish is pretty unique.   Dunno if any of these float your boat.

Totternish peninsula. 

Day 1 Old man of Storr,  Staffin beach for Dinosaur footprints, Kilt Rock, Duntulm Castle, FGlora Macdonalds grave   ( other interesting things here as well) 

Uig and the Faerie Glen   back to Portree, 

Day 2  Faerie pools near Talisker, the Dunbeg  broch at Struan 

try get to Neist Point... amazing , further north west you can go , get to Dunvegan and turn left, keep going.......

Where ya staying? 

I used to be a Tour Guide on Skye and i still work there occasionally with current Visitscotland job.

Ask away, i will get it sorted.....

I love Skye   its amazing....

I used to visit a fair bit at one time as my daughter lived there for a short while. If you can, travel there via Glenelg; the Glenelg Inn is a fantastic spot & the little ferry a great way to get there:

http://skyeferry.co.uk/

Another pub (you see how my brain works here) worth a visit is the Stein Inn (I sampled my first ever Ardbeg in there; a life-changing moment).

The only eagle I've ever seen in the wild was just south of Uig. There's a lot of good walks around the Glendale area as well, heading up to the lighthouse; there used to be a small local history project there as well, but I think it maybe closed down?