Tennis 2019 - Page 9 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2019

Hertsscot

On 1/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, phart said:

They shouldn't have issued the visa, it's cause of the public backlash and election season that it's been a thing now, and Novak gloating about it before coming.

This is funny though

The family refused to answer questions about Djokovic being pictured at indoor public events in the days after he tested positive, instead ending the press conference and singing a patriotic song

Djokovic & Boris what a pair of lying chancers, who would you trust least🤯 I don’t believe Djokovic had covid in December, his timings were too perfect for being clear to enter Australia under the I’ve just had it rule. I’ve always believed if you visit a country you abide by their laws/customs.

9 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Djokovic & Boris what a pair of lying chancers, who would you trust least🤯 I don’t believe Djokovic had covid in December, his timings were too perfect for being clear to enter Australia under the I’ve just had it rule. I’ve always believed if you visit a country you abide by their laws/customs.

Yup I think it is sheer fabrication. A panicked decision to concoct this excuse to allow him to play despite being unvaccinated. After all, why wait so late to announce you had tested positive just when it looked sure he'd be blocked from playing. He did not even announce it on forms or self-isolated when supposedly positive.

16 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yup I think it is sheer fabrication. A panicked decision to concoct this excuse to allow him to play despite being unvaccinated. After all, why wait so late to announce you had tested positive just when it looked sure he'd be blocked from playing. He did not even announce it on forms or self-isolated when supposedly positive.

That’s Djokovic getting pumped oot of Australia 👏👏👏 now it’s time for Boris to fall on his silver sword 👍

Am I right in thinking that if Djokovic gets deported he's actually banned from entering Australia for 5 years ? Any of our Aussie residents confirm? 

If that's the case he won't be winning the Australian open ever again. I don't know if he can avoid that by leaving voluntarily but regardless what a complete cunt of himself he has made!

38 minutes ago, slasher said:

Am I right in thinking that if Djokovic gets deported he's actually banned from entering Australia for 5 years ? Any of our Aussie residents confirm? 

If that's the case he won't be winning the Australian open ever again. I don't know if he can avoid that by leaving voluntarily but regardless what a complete cunt of himself he has made!

I heard it was 3 years not 5

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Australia  have two different processes "Deportation" and "Removal". Deportation only applies to permanent residents, so Novak's case would be dealt with under the Removal process. He can reapply for a new visa any time after 30 days. Of course the reason for Removal will be taken into consideration for any subsequent visa application. I'm pretty sure he will be allowed to play next year. 

Well, that's how it was explained to me, could be bullshit though?

Edited by Orraloon

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Australia  have two different processes "Deportation" and "Removal". Deportation only applies to permanent residents, so Novak's case would be dealt with under the Removal process. He can reapply for a new visa any time after 30 days. Of course the reason for Removal will be taken into consideration for any subsequent visa application. I'm pretty sure he will be allowed to play next year. 

Well, that's how it was explained to me, could be bullshit though?

Damn it! 😂

Great win for Andy Murray. He battled back from a set down to win and reach his first ATP Final in over two years. He will face Karatsev in the Final. A good time to string together a winning run and a big boost to confidence whatever happens now going into the Australian Open. The phoenix rises from the ashes.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Great win for Andy Murray. He battled back from a set down to win and reach his first ATP Final in over two years. He will face Karatsev in the Final. A good time to string together a winning run and a big boost to confidence whatever happens now going into the Australian Open. The phoenix rises from the ashes.

BBC are showing his match tomorrow around 8am

Yep, great to see the Beeb have picked up this match tomorrow.

Looking forward to it, as I haven’t managed to see any of his matches yet this week or year. 

Results certainly suggest that he’s competitive and it’s remarkable what he’s doing. Karatsev is no.15 in the world - not a familiar name but certainly a big ask of Murray, but he’s already upset the odds this week. 

Very jealous of the Scottish fans out in Oz cheering him on. I really want to see Murray play before he retires. Been to a couple of Wimbledon’s and one RG, but all during Murray’s injury spells. Hopefully manage to squeeze in something this year.  

Just now, AlfieMoon said:

Looking forward to it, as I haven’t managed to see any of his matches yet this week or year. 

Results certainly suggest that he’s competitive and it’s remarkable what he’s doing. Karatsev is no.15 in the world - not a familiar name but certainly a big ask of Murray, but he’s already upset the odds this week. 

Very jealous of the Scottish fans out in Oz cheering him on. I really want to see Murray play before he retires. Been to a couple of Wimbledon’s and one RG, but all during Murray’s injury spells. Hopefully manage to squeeze in something this year.  

Also, if Murray were to win tomorrow he would be back in top 100 - no.92. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I am pretty sure he will give RG a miss. Clay court tennis really tests the body to the limits and he realises now he has to be vareful.

Aslan Karatsev just proved too strong across the board for Murray today and wins 6-3 6-3. Top performance by the Russian and Murray, well, just seemed off the pace at times. No disgrace given the Russian's ranking but Andy will kick himself with his approach early on. Too passive but when he got more aggressive he looked like he may get himself into the match,. Still a helpful week for Andy.

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Aslan Karatsev just proved too strong across the board for Murray today and wins 6-3 6-3. Top performance by the Russian and Murray, well, just seemed off the pace at times. No disgrace given the Russian's ranking but Andy will kick himself with his approach early on. Too passive but when he got more aggressive he looked like he may get himself into the match,. Still a helpful week for Andy.

First time I’ve seen the Russian and he was right on it. Murray never really given a chance but didn’t manage to find the answers. 

Only 1 chance of a momentum shift was the chances to break back early in the 2nd set. It could have been different match if Murray had closed that game out but maybe not. Karatsev responded well to everything that was asked of him and seemed focused throughout despite the support for Murray. 

On to the AO now. 

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Murray currently 2 to 1 up in the 1st round but on the verge of losing the 4th set. He's 5 1 down in a tie break with Basilashvilli 

I can't see Murray winning this.

Shut up VDA 

Murray races into 3 to 0 lead on the 5th. Last 13 points......12 to 1 to Murray. 

It's a roller coaster journey watching Murray. Very much like watching the national football team🤣

Brilliant to see him back to his battling best 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Miraculous in fact thinking back to the farewell video they showed to him at the Aussie Open three years ago 🙂

Edited by Toepoke

A battling win but perhaps should have been a bit easier than it was in the end. It is needless extra miles in the legs for upcoming matches but it must be remembered that Basalashvili was No 21 seed so a damned good player. More ranking points in the bag though and he is very close to breaking into the top 100 again. In the next round Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel awaits.