Tennis 2019 - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2019

Hertsscot

Aussie open final Djokovic v Medvedev on eurosport now.

Weird seeing crowds at a sporting event. The women's final wasn't very competitive,I hope this is different today. 

Mon Medvedev, Djokovics constant need to be loved is annoying 

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As I thought Djokovic proved way too good for Medvedev. It is one thing having the talent to reach a Slam Final but then one's mental resolve and belief is put under the microscope and that is where the Russian came up short.

He’s not Russian.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Murray was rolling back the years till he was 5 up in the 3rd set and then he lost the next 7 games. At least he's still 2 sets to 1 up.

He got the win done in four sets even though he was running on empty. Quite a performance considering his opponent was a No 24 seed and Murray has only played two matches on tour this year so there was a heck of a lot of rust. On top of that there are still niggling injury concerns.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He got the win done in four sets even though he was running on empty. Quite a performance considering his opponent was a No 24 seed and Murray has only played two matches on tour this year so there was a heck of a lot of rust. On top of that there are still niggling injury concerns.

You could see the relief in his face, that win meant a lot.

Another epic win for Murray under the roof at Wimbledon. What guts and fighting spirit he showed. He trailed qualifier Otte by two sets to one and in a dark place but that resolve and grit followed by some damned good tennis pulled him through to win in five sets in just under four hours. Next up Denis Shapovalov (No 10 seed) who had a walkover today so will be far fresher than Andy.

For me this is about court time. Shaking off rust and regaining match fitness so I don't expect too much for from Andy.

Andy Murray lost 6-4 6-2 6-2 against No 10 seed Denis Shapovalov. He just never really got going and was not consistently hitting the ball well enough.

As I thought Andy was self analytical afterwards and bitterly disappointed with his performance. When the dust settles though I  sure he will feel much better knowing his body holds up to tournament tennis and he can still beat seeded players and recover and return to win his next match. That is a big step forward from where he was.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emma Radacanu through to the US open final.

First qualifier ever to reach a grandslam final.

She hasn't dropped a set yet. Regardless of what happens in the final on Saturday, she's done something remarkable in new York.

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Emma Radacanu through to the US open final.

First qualifier ever to reach a grandslam final.

She hasn't dropped a set yet. Regardless of what happens in the final on Saturday, she's done something remarkable in new York.

Brilliant, I wonder what the odds you would have got at the bookies

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That is a major coup for Channel 4

Great for everyone to have access to watch it too

I'm not bothered who wins, I just hope it's a great final which fits the story so far

EDIT - Does anyone else have an irrational dislike of Greg Rusedski? 

Edited by vanderark14