Emiliano Sala RIP - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Emiliano Sala RIP

On 1/23/2019 at 5:10 AM, Chripper said:

The light aircraft he was travelling in to sign for the club went down in the English channel.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/emiliano-sala-missing-plane-live-13890265

On 1/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, Chripper said:

RIP Emiliano Sala. 

Edited by exile

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Exactly, the pilot was a nobody that doesn’t have a family or friends, so there’s no faux sympathy needed for someone else people have never heard of. 

Virtue signaling doesn’t extend to common folk when a footballer you didn’t know about last week dies 

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Virtue signaling doesn’t extend to common folk when a footballer you didn’t know about last week dies 

It’s the same as everything I suppose. Everyone was concerned bout the duke of edinburgh, but no one gave a fuck about the poor woman and child he smashed into. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

It’s the same as everything I suppose. Everyone was concerned bout the duke of edinburgh, but no one gave a fuck about the poor woman and child he smashed into. 

Really ? Everyone I knew was hoping the Duke had been restled from the car by the Police, tazered, then beaten around the head with a phone book back at the police station. 

Totally sympathised with the other driver but if I’m honest, it wore off when she appeared in multiple photos wearing a compensation facial expression.  

5 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

One body is visible within the wreckage.

Closure for at least one of the families.

Will almost certainly be closure for the pilots family, the door on these aircrafts are at the  rear where passengers sit,  so highly unlikely the pilot had any chance of getting out.

Cunt alert...

Its a tragedy whats happened, the player and the pilot are obviously dead, and for their families sake, closure is needed.

But the media hyperbolic reaction to this is tedious as fuck. A guy who 99.99999999% of British based people have never heard of, and a pilot who is almost forgotten about, have died, yeah its a tragedy, but we dont need to see Cardiff fans putting down tops and flowers for someone who for all intense purposes wasnt part of their club, or peoples life. I just think theres a massive grief junkie thing going on here.

Tens of thousands will have died today from health issues, but also car crashes, accidents, terrorist attacks etc, yet the media focus on some bloke who kicks a ball about for a living, and from what I read was forced into signing for Cardiff and would have preferred to stay where he was happy.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Cunt alert...

Its a tragedy whats happened, the player and the pilot are obviously dead, and for their families sake, closure is needed.

But the media hyperbolic reaction to this is tedious as fuck. A guy who 99.99999999% of British based people have never heard of, and a pilot who is almost forgotten about, have died, yeah its a tragedy, but we dont need to see Cardiff fans putting down tops and flowers for someone who for all intense purposes wasnt part of their club, or peoples life. I just think theres a massive grief junkie thing going on here.

Tens of thousands will have died today from health issues, but also car crashes, accidents, terrorist attacks etc, yet the media focus on some bloke who kicks a ball about for a living, and from what I read was forced into signing for Cardiff and would have preferred to stay where he was happy.

Not to mention that they have still never found Glenn Miller  ...

Just as well i had a google before i submitted my reply - TIGHAR have announced this year they are going to investigate it

I was wondering, since one body has been found, is it possible that Sala was never on board the plane and the pilot was flying it solo with the intention of downing it?  Possibly for some strange insurance fraud reason or something.

Yes, quite cynical but just crossed my mind on my way to work this morning.

21 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

I was wondering, since one body has been found, is it possible that Sala was never on board the plane and the pilot was flying it solo with the intention of downing it?  Possibly for some strange insurance fraud reason or something.

And wtf would the pilot get out if it? His funeral paid by Sala?

22 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

That's some conspiracy theory!:lol:

5 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Fair enough the boy was being forced to live in Wales but that would be an extreme measure surely 

Nantes are chasing Cardiff for the money.

Awkward!

While it’s a bit soon from Nantes, Cardiff not paying and claiming the moral high ground could be seen as a bit opportunistic...

Hopefully it’s all resolved amicably.

Cardiff have previous for stalling on payments for a transfer.

(I was hoping to attach John Boyles legendary rant on sky sports, but can’t find it)