Neil Lennon: Toys Out The Pram Once & For All - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Neil Lennon: Toys Out The Pram Once & For All

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

That's actually what I was going to say.

Apparently Hibs have received 100 applicants. Right. It'll be John Hughes sending in 100 copies of his CV.

As I stated before, Chair(wo)men in Scotland are unimaginative, so it'll be between Hughes and Stubbs for who gets the Hibs job. Either that or they'll get the Ouiji Board out and summon the spirit of Stewart Baxter.

I don't think Stuart Baxter is dead. I'm sure the TAMB would have heard about it if he was.;)

On 1/31/2019 at 7:37 AM, Jim Beem said:

Not Lennons biggest fan but this looks like its Hibs that have made a massive cunt of things rather than Lennon.. 

It was definitely rather interesting a while back, when Craig Brown was critical of Dempster on the radio. He found her difficult to work with etc.

She must be about the only person in football Brown has ever had a bad word to say about.

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It was definitely rather interesting a while back, when Craig Brown was critical of Dempster on the radio. He found her difficult to work with etc.

She must be about the only younger woman in the world Brown has ever had a bad word to say about.

FTFY

Gary Holt would probably be a good for Hibs but Livi would want a fair amount of compensation.

Kenny Shiels is free btw. Give him a call. A mad bastard but great entertainment and he actually built not a bad team in his time at Kilmarnock.

Are there any good foreign coaches currently unattached who might do a good job at Hibs ?

They'll probably go for the cheap option and hire Mark McGhee.

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Whatever happened to Jimmy Calderwood? Paul Sturrock? Billy Stark? Billy Davies? Steve Archibald? Richard Gough? Jim Duffy

Sir James Calderwood is probably done with management now.

Paul Sturrock is a coach at Dundee Utd.

Billy Stark is unbelievably managing our Under 19 national side. This after the almighty feck up he made of our Under 21s a few years back. 

Billy Davies is standing in front of a mirror somewhere talking to himself in the third person.

Steve Archibald lives in Barcelona now and seems happy with his life there.

Richard Gough has some kind of cushy "ambassadorial" role at Rangers.

Jim Duffy is currently manager of Dumbarton.

6 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

She must be about the only person in football Brown has ever had a bad word to say about.

_47170662_boyle_brown.jpg

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sir James Calderwood is probably done with management now.

Paul Sturrock is a coach at Dundee Utd.

Billy Stark is unbelievably managing our Under 19 national side. This after the almighty feck up he made of our Under 21s a few years back. 

Billy Davies is standing in front of a mirror somewhere talking to himself in the third person.

Steve Archibald lives in Barcelona now and seems happy with his life there.

Richard Gough has some kind of cushy "ambassadorial" role at Rangers.

Jim Duffy is currently manager of Dumbarton.

Thanks. Just didn't have time to do the digging at that moment.

Never quite got what went wrong with Sturrock, are his actual management days behind him?

I thought Stark had gone but must have missed his reincarnation at a lower level. 

So Billy Davies still waiting on the call from Scotland?

Is Gough's managerial career over? (Similarly, Ally McCoist? Or is he still gardening?)

23 hours ago, exile said:

Whatever happened to Jimmy Calderwood? Paul Sturrock? Billy Stark? Billy Davies? Steve Archibald? Richard Gough? Jim Duffy? 

... Whatever happened to Chairman Mao? 

(Buzzcocks) 

The accepted narrative in the media (and elsewhere) is that Lennon is brilliant, while Dempsey and Petrie are fuds.Perhaps. Then again I feel they may be able to identify a manager that (given the same budget) can do a better job than leading a team to 8th in the Scottish Premiership, winning 7 of 23 games played.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Pool Q said:

The accepted narrative in the media (and elsewhere) is that Lennon is brilliant, while Dempsey and Petrie are fuds.Perhaps. Then again I feel they may be able to identify a manager that (given the same budget) can do a better job than leading a team to 8th in the Scottish Premiership, winning 7 of 23 games played.

Biggest contradiction on the board today mate.  And that is saying something.  But don't worry.  Between me, Big Ramy and Ormond (if he is out of self exile)  you have nothing to worry about.  I was going to say Scotland Forever there but can't remember how it goes.

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Biggest contradiction on the board today mate.  And that is saying something.  But don't worry.  Between me, Big Ramy and Ormond (if he is out of self exile)  you have nothing to worry about.  I was going to say Scotland Forever there but can't remember how it goes.

My post was from about a week ago. What are you actually talking about you pish soaked old jakie?

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

any idea what was said?

probably called him a treacherous Kent - I think this was not long after Brown left Motherwell for Aberdeen ( As i recall he had actually come out and said he was happy @ motherwell and had no intention of leaving)

"

So, what happened between you and Craig Brown in that infamous pitch-side bust-up?

"I was annoyed with Craig Brown but what I said to him that day will be for his ears only. I was frustrated because I felt he had left Motherwell in the lurch.

"I have a passion for the club and I didn't like the demeanour of Craig and Archie Knox's departure. I'm happy to say we have absolutely made up since, shaken hands and everything is fine."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42114580

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/scottish-premier/8424847/Craig-Brown-hits-out-after-bust-up-with-Motherwell-chairman-John-Boyle.html