Neil Lennon: Toys Out The Pram Once & For All - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Neil Lennon: Toys Out The Pram Once & For All

It's been fairly clear for a while that all hasn"t been weli there. The media would have been hounding just about anyone else at Hibs with their recent form and sitting eighth in the league, and I don't know many Hibees that have been happy with his selections in recent months. Even the Scotsman and the lads on Sportsound would eventually have had to start questioning what was going on. I wonder if it won't turn out to be for the best for him personally and his family, he might be well advised to get away from the goldfish bowl that is Scottish football. Rumours doing the rounds suggest it hasn't ended at all well, and I genuinely hope he is OK. 

Edited by Pool Q

You don’t get suspended by your employer for poor performance, somethings went on between yesterdays/thursdays press conference and last night. 

Some of the rumours on Twitter are comedy gold. The story so far is he threw a chair at Florian Kamberi and at a later board meeting wasn’t happy with the budget he’d be getting and he told them that Hibs would never achieve anything with them in charge* and called Leeann Dempster a dyke then shagged her bird. In amongst all of this Steven Whittaker has been sacked and will be in charge for the St Mirren game on Sunday

His petulance was childlike, when Hibs went on that bad run around November time he hid from the media and sent Garry Parker in front of the press but as soon as we beat Celtic he reappeared. His public calling of his players rejects that other teams didn’t want was the start of the run

His team starting xi bingo every week was wearing thing too, there has been more injury’s than normal but he still continued to play players out of position. There was Greek and Dutch international full backs who could play all along the back and up each flank yet never played either, ones away and the others played 2 games if he’s lucky

The season for me is a write off. I can’t understand any Hibs fan who wants Alan Stubbs back. His league record with Hibs was inexcusable, led Hibs to our lowest ever ranking but funnily enough won the cup a week later. His record at Rotherham and St Mirren speak for themselves. Get someone in who can build for next season and give us a good cup run until then

*100% correct. Whenever you go to the AGM these fuckers see it as a back patting exercise

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You don’t get suspended by your employer for poor performance, somethings went on between yesterdays/thursdays press conference and last night. 

Some of the rumours on Twitter are comedy gold. The story so far is he threw a chair at Florian Kamberi and at a later board meeting wasn’t happy with the budget he’d be getting and he told them that Hibs would never achieve anything with them in charge* and called Leeann Dempster a dyke then shagged her bird. In amongst all of this Steven Whittaker has been sacked and will be in charge for the St Mirren game on Sunday

His petulance was childlike, when Hibs went on that bad run around November time he hid from the media and sent Garry Parker in front of the press but as soon as we beat Celtic he reappeared. His public calling of his players rejects that other teams didn’t want was the start of the run

His team starting xi bingo every week was wearing thing too, there has been more injury’s than normal but he still continued to play players out of position. There was Greek and Dutch international full backs who could play all along the back and up each flank yet never played either, ones away and the others played 2 games if he’s lucky

The season for me is a write off. I can’t understand any Hibs fan who wants Alan Stubbs back. His league record with Hibs was inexcusable, led Hibs to our lowest ever ranking but funnily enough won the cup a week later. His record at Rotherham and St Mirren speak for themselves. Get someone in who can build for next season and give us a good cup run until then

*100% correct. Whenever you go to the AGM these fuckers see it as a back patting exercise

Was this during the board meeting?

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Are you suggesting he has an erectile problem and can’t last hours? 

In that case I have major erectile problems. 

I'd say that Neil Lennon was more important to Hibs than any of their players, so to sack Lennon is incredibly stupid. The fact that the Hibs players don't like being held to accountability should be alarming to their fans. The fact that Lennon could only motivate the players when they played against Celtic and Rangers tells you more about the mentality of the players than the management of Neil Lennon.

Same thing happened with Craig Bellamy. The youth players at Cardiff accused him of being "Anti English" all because he turned the English national anthem down when they were watching the World Cup. And that was cited in Bellamy's case. 

I'd say the same thing happened at Man United, too. There's no doubt that the players downed tools because Mourinho was being Mourinho.

Back in the day when the players were challenged by the manager they raised their game by a gear or two, to stick the manager's words down his throat. Nowadays they go running to teacher (Chairmen). Snowflake central.

I think it’s more of a culmination of incidents over the past few months rather than one incident in particular that seen him emptied

Going awol after losing at Tynie, refusing to do media duties and leaving it to Garry Parker for weeks on end during a bad spell the suddenly re-appearing after the Celtic game, constantly berating Florian Kamberi in public when he continued to play a system and players who were just as culpable as Florian Kamberi, saying Hibs had reache their peak last season mentioning a glass ceiling had been broken, always saying he was re-evaluating his future after bad results, his refusal to play a fully fit David Gray, him spitting the dummy out at Ofir Marciano on the touchline when he went off injured, numerous touchline bans and questioning players professionalism into question saying at the AGM the only reason that Dylan McGeouch hadn’t been injured lately was because his contract was coming to an end

Acting like a petulant child

He also showed disrespect by leaving in the middle of training camps to fly to Celtic supporters functions and missed a couple of pre-season games to do TV work in Ireland, he should look at his own commitment first before questioning Florian Kamberis who once missed a family funeral for a game against St Johnstone

There'll be 4 sides to the story that what really went on, the players, manager, the board and the truth

His tactics these past 3 months are abominable, changed the system at Half Time on Sunday and there was a huge difference. 3 wins in 15 is as bad as Terry Butchers last 15 games

If he thought that Hibs were going to challenge for the league every year then he’s off his head, considering it’s no secret that Hibs are run by penny pinchers 

The last year has been as exciting as it’s been in my lifetime watching 5-5, 5-3, 6-4 and other goals galore games but Hibs and Lennon was never going to end in kisses and cuddles

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I think it’s more of a culmination of incidents over the past few months rather than one incident in particular that seen him emptied

Going awol after losing at Tynie, refusing to do media duties and leaving it to Garry Parker for weeks on end during a bad spell the suddenly re-appearing after the Celtic game, constantly berating Florian Kamberi in public when he continued to play a system and players who were just as culpable as Florian Kamberi, saying Hibs had reache their peak last season mentioning a glass ceiling had been broken, always saying he was re-evaluating his future after bad results, his refusal to play a fully fit David Gray, him spitting the dummy out at Ofir Marciano on the touchline when he went off injured, numerous touchline bans and questioning players professionalism into question saying at the AGM the only reason that Dylan McGeouch hadn’t been injured lately was because his contract was coming to an end

Acting like a petulant child

He also showed disrespect by leaving in the middle of training camps to fly to Celtic supporters functions and missed a couple of pre-season games to do TV work in Ireland, he should look at his own commitment first before questioning Florian Kamberis who once missed a family funeral for a game against St Johnstone

There'll be 4 sides to the story that what really went on, the players, manager, the board and the truth

His tactics these past 3 months are abominable, changed the system at Half Time on Sunday and there was a huge difference. 3 wins in 15 is as bad as Terry Butchers last 15 games

If he thought that Hibs were going to challenge for the league every year then he’s off his head, considering it’s no secret that Hibs are run by penny pinchers 

The last year has been as exciting as it’s been in my lifetime watching 5-5, 5-3, 6-4 and other goals galore games but Hibs and Lennon was never going to end in kisses and cuddles

So will Hibs be better off without him?

You've seen what Hamilton have done by appointing Brian Rice. Such an inspired appointment and one that could see them relegated.

Hib's no doubt appoint someone from the mediocre-management-merry-go-round. It'll probably be between Stubbs and Lee how-does-he-keep-getting-jobs Clark. My money would be on Stubbs.

Hibs under Lennon stood toe-to-toe with the Old Firm whenever they met, they'll probably be told to go into their shell by the next manager, which is a shame.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

This man is prepared to answer the call

Image result for yogi hughes

That's actually what I was going to say.

Apparently Hibs have received 100 applicants. Right. It'll be John Hughes sending in 100 copies of his CV.

As I stated before, Chair(wo)men in Scotland are unimaginative, so it'll be between Hughes and Stubbs for who gets the Hibs job. Either that or they'll get the Ouiji Board out and summon the spirit of Stewart Baxter.